Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What areas are good for putting down cracked red eye orbs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

What areas are good for putting down cracked red eye orbs?
    Iron Keep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

The bosses are significantly easier when there are 3 of you

What is the general etiquette in pvp in regards estus etc? I wanna fight fair enough :P

Also you have to be human to invade? How the hell do you keep up with having effigies?

What is the general etiquette in pvp in regards estus etc? I wanna fight fair enough :P

Also you have to be human to invade? How the hell do you keep up with having effigies?

I only just started but it seems like if you use an estus, your as good as dead because of how exposed you are.

I use use the Ring of Life Protection recently and just repair it straight away to remain human at all times.

I feel like I'm cheating since I've been online. I've beaten 4 bosses in the last hour.

• Advertisement

If someone invades you, screw the rules. Otherwise I'd say don't do it unless they do.

to be honest if I have a clear space and I'm low on health and don't fancy my chances I'll always drink an estus. They have the opportunity to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Invasions and bell / ratbros are anything goes but in dragon duels and fight clubs you should never estus. Take time and give time to buff up before you start and then it's a fight to the death. Running away is a no no too.

Edit: For those unfamiliar with fight clubs and are interested in getting better at pvp. Join the reds (Brotherhood of blood) and head to the first bonfire in Heides and put your sign down. You find them in the Iron Keep too but the level of play seems to be much better in Heides.

The host player is there to keep the peace and heal reds between fights if it's done properly. In most cases it's a winner holds system so you can watch some fights while you wait for your turn. It's good fun and will help you get better quickly. The better hosts will set the fighting area with prism stones but it's not necessary.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Also if you find you're getting ganked join the dragon remnants, a host has to be alone to summon you then. You can also heal as a dragon spirit so if the host turns out to be a wuss you're not at a disadvantage. :p

Big Knox wrote: »
    Invasions and bell / ratbros are anything goes but in dragon duels and fight clubs you should never estus. Take time and give time to buff up before you start and then it's a fight to the death. Running away is a no no too.

Edit: For those unfamiliar with fight clubs and are interested in getting better at pvp. Join the reds (Brotherhood of blood) and head to the first bonfire in Heides and put your sign down. You find them in the Iron Keep too but the level of play seems to be much better in Heides.

The host player is there to keep the peace and heal reds between fights if it's done properly. In most cases it's a winner holds system so you can watch some fights while you wait for your turn. It's good fun and will help you get better quickly. The better hosts will set the fighting area with prism stones but it's not necessary.
    Is this some community set up? Never heard of it, sounds awesome!

I had no idea illusory walls were a thing. What's the best way to try and open one without using an item by accident?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

press a

--edit
    well, on the xbox controller

"This is a list of all known illusory walls in the game so far. Illusory walls are secret walls that open when you press A/X next to them"

I somehow took that as press them both together... One is for the playstation.

in dark souls 1 you didn't have to press A. it was ****ing ages before I found one, and even then I only found it by accident and then spent another age trying to figure out how I did it

Some of the bonfires in the game can only be accessed by illusory walls :pac:

How do you rank up in the Brotherhood of Blood? I would have thought it was something to do with the tokens of spite.

Some of the bonfires in the game can only be accessed by illusory walls :pac:

i can only think of one...

--edit
    oh wait, two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Is it bad that I find from 4:30 hilarious? Obviously vidoe contains spoilers.

Icaras wrote: »
    Is it bad that I find from 4:30 hilarious? Obviously vidoe contains spoilers.

Haha that ending is glorious!

Benhart isn't showing up in the Memory of Orro? Even though I just talked to him by the Pursuer fight before entering the memory?

Do you have to be around the bell tower area to get summon as a bell tower fighter?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Grimebox wrote: »
    Do you have to be around the bell tower area to get summon as a bell tower fighter?

No it can happen anywhere if you wear the ring. I did find it a bit more common when I hung around servants quarters or iron keep bridge though.

• Advertisement

i was getting chain summoned in the servants quarters for a good while, i've noticed other people saying the same thing

I am so bad at PvP. Lost every fight so far. My strategy in PvE has revolved around blocking attacks with the shield. A lot of players seem to just break through my shield straight away.

I am so bad at PvP. Lost every fight so far. My strategy in PvE has revolved around blocking attacks with the shield. A lot of players seem to just break through my shield straight away.

I don't use a shield so I rely solely on rolling. Once you master it it gives you good edge in pvp! Also stamina management seems to be key.

Is there any benefit to invading people other then that you get tokens of spite? Cos I read that it doesn't count towards ranking up in the covenant.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Is this some community set up? Never heard of it, sounds awesome!

It has carried over from Dark Souls. It's where you will get the highest consistent quality of pvp. You will find some on the Iron Keep bridge too but I've found Heides to be the spot most of the better fight clubs are held and there's more ganking going on in the Iron Keep.

Just stick your red soap sign down on the circular platform up the steps from the 1st bonfire and you should get summoned into one.

Is there any benefit to invading people other then that you get tokens of spite? Cos I read that it doesn't count towards ranking up in the covenant.

You use the tokens to enter the Arena and gain rank through wins in there!

90% of pvp is rolling. Shields are a bit more viable in this than Dark but most people can guard break or have a poison weapon on swap to deal with them.

Big Knox wrote: »
    You use the tokens to enter the Arena and gain rank through wins in there!
    Wow, never knew this! Feel silly for all those invasion attempts now thinking it was ranked for that only, not the arena.

Love the duels in this game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Just discovered the bad way that you can get invaded when you're
    in the abyss
    . That certainly opens up some new possibilities. Shows up as
    abyss spirit
    when invading.

Jericho. wrote: »
    Just discovered the bad way that you can get invaded when you're
    in the abyss
    . That certainly opens up some new possibilities. Shows up as
    abyss spirit
    when invading.
    Yep, I remember getting one on Xbox and absolutely dreading it but he cleared the way for me instead, was very chuffed!

• Advertisement

How you invade there is it random?

Advertisement