Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I ended up with no souls after spending lots so figured i'd spend my safe time dicking around in the iron keep trying some **** out on the alonne knights

i've come to the conclusion that duel wielding is ****e. i was duel wilding (power stanced) two bastard swords, right hand +10 left hand +6 and I hit a red phantom knight for 471. after he raped me in the face with his electric super sword I respawned at the bonfire and went to see how much I'd hit him for with a +10 bastard and a shield in my left. 361 damage. i'm leaving myself open to complete and utter domination for the sake of 110 points of damage a swing. that hardly seems worth it at all

even with the clubs (thge bog standard ones you get very early in the game), right +10 left +9 I found that duel wielding them (power stanced again) was **** compared to just +10 in one hand shield in the other.. enemies weren't being stunned at all and i was wide open to every sort of counter attack

I initially thought this too. Then I found the R1 and R2 special power stance attacks. Dual wield cestus Str build. I was one shoting the alonne knights in iron keep with properly timed R2. Stunlocked the 3 sentinels in a very easy fight. Power standing has it's place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Big Knox wrote: »
    Power stancing is only worth it with the faster weapons that don't use too much stamina per swing. Power stancing the standard Maces or piercing weapons can be quite strong!

I'v been power stancing with the two Ultra Greatwords (both +10). Pretty much guaranteed over 1000 damage, even for bosses if solo. Been helping others alot with the Duke of Freja boss and while they are dong about max 60 damage per hit, the strong attack on Dual Powerstance Greatswords does about 600-800 damage :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what level do you have to be to power stance two ultra greatswords....

also, is it my imagination or do the archers in iron keep fire faster in ng+ ?

what level do you have to be to power stance two ultra greatswords....

I'm using the Greatswords (One found in No Man's Wharf and other bought from Vengarl). The stat for each sword is 28 STR + 10 DEX so to Powerstance two of them you need 42 STR + 15 DEX

Edit: I have the Crypt Blacksword which I'll change one of the Greatswords for but need more Petrified Dragon Bone

Cravez wrote: »
    I'm using the Greatswords (One found in No Man's Wharf and other bought from Vengarl). The stat for each sword is 28 STR + 10 DEX so to Powerstance two of them you need 42 STR + 15 DEX

Edit: I have the Crypt Blacksword which I'll change one of the Greatswords for but need more Petrified Dragon Bone

just tried it there, that is quite fun... but god damn that fat roll :)

• Advertisement

Yeah you're vulnerable because of the fat rolling but generally the power output far outweighs it. I'v done quite well in PvP with them as well but you're at a disadvantage against ranged opponents.

think i just got my first cheater

invaded him in belfry tower luna, he was already fighting someone and taking no damage.. i flattened him with a 2 handed r2 of my large club. he was stunned on the ground so it def connected.. but took no damage at all

what is the point

--edit

haha, the bell bro who was fighting him at the same time just messaged me.

I haven't encountered a cheater yet but I have at times encountered someone who must have had a sh!t connection. I kept hitting and hitting them and no health was dropping (assumed they were cheating), they managed to kill me but when they killed me all my previous hits registered and then they died :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Really great lore video released by Vaati the other day.

First part tell of the games ending and the second part goes in depth on some of the main characters stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I initially thought this too. Then I found the R1 and R2 special power stance attacks. Dual wield cestus Str build. I was one shoting the alonne knights in iron keep with properly timed R2. Stunlocked the 3 sentinels in a very easy fight. Power standing has it's place.

I know some of these words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The L1 attack on a power stances duel wield caestus stun locks everytime so you can usually get 3 hits of it in if you connect once! It's pretty slick!

damn son, dark souls II knocked off the front page of the forum. beginning of the end

is there any way to walk from the second bonfire to the first in the gutter? I swear to god I found a way once, a ladder or a jump or something but every time I've looked since then I can never find a way and I have to just warp back. it's not that much hassle to warp it's just nicer to know I can walk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

That should have read L1 and L2 special power stance attacks. I still can't tell right from left. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

damn son, dark souls II knocked off the front page of the forum. beginning of the end

is there any way to walk from the second bonfire to the first in the gutter? I swear to god I found a way once, a ladder or a jump or something but every time I've looked since then I can never find a way and I have to just warp back. it's not that much hassle to warp it's just nicer to know I can walk

**** the gutter. Navigating that place once is enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm pretty sure it's not possible, although if you can find a way to jump to the soil/ground area at the side you should be able to run back.

mother of ****... the archers in drangleic in ng+. six of the ****ers, this is monstrously unfair

just saw a summon sign on the ground with the name "Jun snuh"

dying laughing here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

just saw a summon sign on the ground with the name "Jun snuh"

dying laughing here

And did he know anything?

And did he know anything?

he didn't know the right place to put his red summon sign anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Really great lore video released by Vaati the other day.

First part tell of the games ending and the second part goes in depth on some of the main characters stories.

Not even Vaati was able to save this story for me. The whole Four Great Souls -> King Ring -> Ashen Mist Heart -> Giant's Kinship -> Throne of Want, was just too far fetched a progression and just ended up feeling like loads of projects that individual groups worked on and they all just hamfisted them together. Fun game like, but stinker of a story.

• Advertisement

benhart is never in memory of orro for me :/

benhart is never in memory of orro for me :/

Are you sure you exhausted his dialogue fully in the Pursuer area? That's what got me the last time.

Are you sure you exhausted his dialogue fully in the Pursuer area? That's what got me the last time.

...... never saw him there either

hrm

always doing the pursuer boss early is biting me in the ass here I guess

ah well, i just started ng++ so we'll see if i can get it right this time

...... never saw him there either

hrm

always doing the pursuer boss early is biting me in the ass here I guess

ah well, i just started ng++ so we'll see if i can get it right this time

I'm not 100% sure on how it works but I think after you talk to him in Drangleic he moves to the Pursuer area just a little bit before the Giant Memory. So maybe you didn't exhaust his dialogue in Drangleic. Oh well, I find it impossible to keep him alive in the Giant Lord fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Not even Vaati was able to save this story for me. The whole Four Great Souls -> King Ring -> Ashen Mist Heart -> Giant's Kinship -> Throne of Want, was just too far fetched a progression and just ended up feeling like loads of projects that individual groups worked on and they all just hamfisted them together. Fun game like, but stinker of a story.
    Yeah, the story definitely isn't on par, nothing to do with lore and abstract concepts.

I'm not 100% sure on how it works but I think after you talk to him in Drangleic he moves to the Pursuer area just a little bit before the Giant Memory. So maybe you didn't exhaust his dialogue in Drangleic. Oh well, I find it impossible to keep him alive in the Giant Lord fight.

really? drummond's a beast

so, I killed all the npc's before starting ng++

am now being invaded regularly by blue phantoms. only problem is I suck balls at pvp and they're all super levelled one hit killers.

so, I killed all the npc's before starting ng++

am now being invaded regularly by blue phantoms. only problem is I suck balls at pvp and they're all super levelled one hit killers.

Git gud.

Bit seriously, every time you get killed by one your sin level goes down by 1 point, so eventually it'll stop. You can check your Sin level in the character status screen.
    Not the one with all your stats and sl, the one under it.
    Drangleic Castle is ridiculous for invasions, I was getting chain invaded for about half an hour there

i think i'll just call it quits tbh. i was only messing about in ng++ experimenting with different weapons and duel wielding, i dont think i cba playing through it again (and again, and again)

• Advertisement

i think i'll just call it quits tbh. i was only messing about in ng++ experimenting with different weapons and duel wielding, i dont think i cba playing through it again (and again, and again)

Don't you want to see the blue basement flames at +10? Down by Cale in the Majula mansion? Definitely worth the hundreds of hours if you ask me

Advertisement