Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I am new to Dark Souls, was fit to put my fist through the TV screen until I learned how to play the game. I am a level 56 Knight and have taken down "The Last Giant" "The Pursurer" "Dragonrider" and "Old Dragonrider". Just about to start No-Mans Warf.

This will come across as a stupid question but why is the little portrait space beside my health bar blank/empty? Is it because I am not a member of a covenant?

This game is amazing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think it is because you're not a member of a covenant yes

oh my god I would be so angry if this happened to me but watching it happen to other people is ****ing hilarious

surprise mother****er!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

oh my god I would be so angry if this happened to me but watching it happen to other people is ****ing hilarious

surprise mother****er!

Another of the same guys videos. Enjoyed this more tbh and it would be something i would do myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I could never get that bridge to break! Do you have to have done something bad like hit the eggs?

• Advertisement

i think you need to have destroyed loads of the eggs and just wait on the bridge or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

surprise mother****er!

Wouldn't having 99 at that level mean you should be crippled defense wise? He seems to be able to take hits while having a one **** in wrath. I'm confused. Like at around :30 he gets a smack of a sunlight weapon spear and just shakes it off, if the stats he showed at the start of the bid are true he should be dead no?
    Replaying through aldias keep and the way the dragon skeleton disappears is horrible, really ruins the whole moment :(

hes wearing the smelter demon armour and i only saw him take 1-2 hits the odd time, if he put the rest of his points into .... jesus, whatever stat increases hp.. he'd be fine. and i imagine he just didn't show the ones where someone got a lucky hit off from two +5 black knight ultra greatswords and 1 hit him :)

--edit

actually if you look at the screen when he gets hit by the lightning spear he says "great magic barrier"

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Great+Magic+Barrier

so that explains that

Playing through the game again on a new character. Just cleared Heide's. I dont know why people have a problem with how Majula connects to Heides. You can see the Monument on the cliff from Heides and you can see some of the sunken city from the Monument. Its not the actual in game area you can see but a backdrop 2D image of the cliff and the monument.

If you look around Majula you can see that the houses are very different from the ruins and walls surrounding them. It feels like Majula is a "new" town and there was no town there at all before Heide was sunk and people still lived there.

At first i felt like they didn't fit being so close to each other but the more i uncover about the lore it seems perfectly fine they are connected. Only problem would be the actual distance traveled to reach Heide from Majula (in game) and the actual distance the game is trying to portray with the 2D image. Ill agree FROM where lazy in that regard but i think they also used the same technique in a few areas in Dark Souls......

Oh, I think Majula/Heide is reasonable. It's more Heide/No Man's Wharf (going down far below sea level to...sea level) and Earthen Peak/Iron Keep(where was the lava before at Harvest Valley? Geographically impossible)

• Advertisement

so i started a new game and i'm going through it as a dual wielder now. currently wielding heides sword and fire longsword, very early in.. just killed the last giant and i saw a summon sign at the bonfire the old hag sits at

i always wondered who in the blazes was summoning people in that early a spot so I dropped a sign to find out. summoned in the space of 5 seconds, and off we go to fight the ****ing pursuer! on the little rooftop beside the bonfire. it was ****ing epic, three of us doing next to no damage at all just rolling around the bastard getting whatever hits in we could.

then we went off and did the last giant, ended up with about 30k souls to my name at a ridiculously early spot in the game :)

might burn a couple of them with maughlin now just to get it out of the way.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Oh, I think Majula/Heide is reasonable. It's more Heide/No Man's Wharf (going down far below sea level to...sea level) and Earthen Peak/Iron Keep(where was the lava before at Harvest Valley? Geographically impossible)

Will check Heide/No Mans Wharf when i get there. From what i recall there is only a small descent after the Dragonrider boss and that area of Heide is only slightly flooded. From there its pretty much just flat land. From memory it seems like it could work.

From what i recall of Harvest Valley/Iron Keep it seems almost impossible as you said. But again ill have a look around once i get there. You notice small things like this more once everyone on the net post about how ****ed up it is.

From Majula you can see some of Heide ruins, The ruined fortress where you fight the Pursuer and an Archway on one of the paths after the petrified pyromancer. How much of these "views" are actual 2D images i can't say. Heide ruins look 2D. Archway looks real and the fortress looks 2D again.

I just killed Targray for his armour and i got his Halberd also. My character is using the regular Halberd so i searched online about Targrays. It has the same moveset, same range, higher stat req, worse scaling and requires you to use twinkling to upgrade it. At max level the regular Halberd has better base damage and gets an increase in scaling bonus. There is no reason at all to use it other than fashion souls. WHY? How does stuff like this get through to the final game. I hope FROM does a massive rebalance of all the weapons in the game

Will check Heide/No Mans Wharf when i get there. From what i recall there is only a small descent after the Dragonrider boss and that area of Heide is only slightly flooded. From there its pretty much just flat land. From memory it seems like it could work.
    Nah, you go down a few stairways then an elevator to make it there.

from heides, at the little area where the bridge to old dragonslayer is.. have a look at the tower at majula

it's ****ing *miles* away

--edit

i just watched the pursuer get ballistaed in the tits

from heides, at the little area where the bridge to old dragonslayer is.. have a look at the tower at majula

it's ****ing *miles* away

--edit

i just watched the pursuer get ballistaed in the tits

Yeah like i said its only a 2D.....sprite? Dunno if that's the correct word. Still gives you an idea of the lay of the land. Not sure if Dark Souls did the same thing or not...

Also the Wharf is indeed below sea level, forgot about the elevator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

This is the best DS2 video I've seen so far!!

Big Knox wrote: »
    This is the best DS2 video I've seen so far!!

Holy **** that was amazing! The editing adds sooooooo much to the video. Gotta agree, best DS2 video i have seen yet...

rofl, the bit where the guy figured it out

"stay calm"

awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Holy **** that was amazing! The editing adds sooooooo much to the video. Gotta agree, best DS2 video i have seen yet...

I'm after watching it 3 times already, it's so good!! :D

I ****ing hate Brightstone Cove Tseldora

• Advertisement

I ****ing hate Brightstone Cove Tseldora
    The good thing is if you know where you're going and are willing to skip the ground floor bonfire you can pretty much clear past the whole area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Brightstone is my least favourite area of either Souls games, it's just terrible.

Actually, I like it up until after the Prowling Magus, the camp site area is pretty cool.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    The good thing is if you know where you're going and are willing to skip the ground floor bonfire you can pretty much clear past the whole area.

knowing where im going is the whole problem. I know there's an easy way through the whole place, I can just never remember it and end up spending half an hour back tracking and dealing with those blue robed magic spamming arseholes again and again

I actually like that area :\ maybe a little bland is all. Havest valley and earthen peak, that whole section was a bit meh to me, all washed out and repetitive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That was absolutely hilarious.

Jumped down the well early in my current playthrough. Was dissapointed i didn't get summoned to fight a ratbro :( Maybe my Soul memory was much to low for the area.

Playing with a mod that makes the game darker. Was fun going through The Gutter with a torch in one hand and my halberd in the other lighting up each sconce as i went along. Found some new area's down there that i hadn't been before. Fun times

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Put your summon sign on the little bridge from the basement to the belfry luna door then wait in the basement, nobody will be able to invade you then.

Sorry for pulling this up after so long but does this work the other way around? As in if I stand in the basement can I see summon signs in the belfry?

Watching the housemate play through the game and answering questions is really showing me his good the game is from a different perspective. Its pretty cool answering lore questions and stuff.

on the way from the shrine of winter, you look up in the sky and there's this massive tower faaaaaaaar far away in the distance

you walk through a short little tunel (it's daytime and dry when you enter) and you exit during pitch black and rain with the tower just around the corner.

the whole memory-hollowing-crazy scene changes connection has to be true

--edit

also lol. dual wield +8 maces, those sentinels in drangleic don't stand a chance. if I can get one power stanced l2 off they're just stun locked until they die

just saw a summon sign on the ground with the name "Jun snuh"

dying laughing here

Had no idea what you where talking about till i watched Peeve's stream just now. He was pvping versus a Jun Snuh and then it clicked when i saw what he was wearing :pac: He wasn't using a bastard sword though :(

-Edit-

On that note, does anyone like to play themed builds? Even if they are not the most effective in PvE/PvP. Dagger rogue, sword and shield paladin, dual axes berserker, full magic build, heavy armour fat roll immovable wall. So many ideas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Had no idea what you where talking about till i watched Peeve's stream just now. He was pvping versus a Jun Snuh and then it clicked when i saw what he was wearing :pac: He wasn't using a bastard sword though :(

-Edit-

On that note, does anyone like to play themed builds? Even if they are not the most effective in PvE/PvP. Dagger rogue, sword and shield paladin, dual axes berserker, full magic build, heavy armour fat roll immovable wall. So many ideas!

I usually go for full armour sets, for example full alonne knight set, not as effective as it could be but I prefer the asthetic value!

Advertisement