Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Danonino. wrote: »
    Sorry for pulling this up after so long but does this work the other way around? As in if I stand in the basement can I see summon signs in the belfry?

Watching the housemate play through the game and answering questions is really showing me his good the game is from a different perspective. Its pretty cool answering lore questions and stuff.

I don't think they will spawn until you cross the threshold unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

decided to be a big man and light a torch right in agdanes face

that was a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

decided to be a big man and light a torch right in agdanes face

that was a mistake

Wasn't it you who said they uninstalled the game like a week ago? :P

i installed it again the next morning :)

this is it though, after the fifth playthrough I'm finished

probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

probably

Hello my name is Sir Digby and I am a Darksoulsaholic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

probably
    Yeah right!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

calex71 wrote: »

I bet when he's walking down the street and sees the sun shining in a puddle he thinks it's a summon sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

calex71 wrote: »
    derfderf wrote: »
    I bet when he's walking down the street and sees the sun shining in a puddle he thinks it's a summon sign.

He'll be in some bathroom somewhere and will see some white soap. Some person will walk in on him kneeling down etching markings into the ground with the soap mumbling "Praise the Sun! Jolly Co-operation!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Interested to hear some other Knight builds. I am currently playing the Knight at level 75. I have the stats split as follows:

VGR - 17
    END - 17
    VIT - 17
    ATUN - 4
    STR - 31
    DEX - 20
    ADP - 12
    INT - 3
    Faith - 6

I didnt go for a complete STR/DEX build from the get go because I wanted to put stats in VIT/END/VGR etc.

This is my first play through the game, What build are you using for your Knight?

unless you're cosplaying (playing a particular character/role.. like a knight, paladin, whatever) it doesn't really matter. put points wherever you need to to use the weapons you want to use in the way you want to use them

--edit

although personally i'd put less points in VGR and drop a couple more in whichever of str/dex your favourite weapons scale best with

• Advertisement

unless you're cosplaying (playing a particular character/role.. like a knight, paladin, whatever) it doesn't really matter. put points wherever you need to to use the weapons you want to use in the way you want to use them

--edit

although personally i'd put less points in VGR and drop a couple more in whichever of str/dex your favourite weapons scale best with

Thanks for the tip, I need more VIT and END as my equip load is crippling me a little. I will leave VGR alone for the moment and put some more into STR.

Is there a big difference in movement speed/rolling when you increase your Agility to 100 via ADP stat?

Cravez wrote: »
    Is there a big difference in movement speed/rolling when you increase your Agility to 100 via ADP stat?

yeeeeeesssssssssssssssss

i've no numbers or anything but it feels soooooo different

--edit

well, not movement speed as far as I know but the i-frames when rolling

I did put 2/3 points into ADP already but to be honest, when you play a Knight with heavy armor and weapons all you can do is fat roll so I think I would need to put ALOT of points into ADP to see a difference which would end up damaging other more important stats.

yeah in all my playthroughs of ds1 and ds2 ive never done a fat roll character

every time I think I'll try it I find myself putting more and more points into equip load and throwing on rings to increase equip load and then rolling rolling rolling

i actually really want to try it, it just feels so wrong

yeah in all my playthroughs of ds1 and ds2 ive never done a fat roll character

every time I think I'll try it I find myself putting more and more points into equip load and throwing on rings to increase equip load and then rolling rolling rolling

i actually really want to try it, it just feels so wrong

Try it, yes you can't roll anymore but my god are you hard to kill. I walk into rooms with sword and board and just target lock and strife around butchering everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Rolling is the only way to go!

Armour in this game is feeling very Demon's Souls for me i.e not great. I have 30 VIT, +10 Gyrm Armour and Smelter stuff giving me 1000+ Physical Defence. Never have I had such a high defence but I still take massive damage.

I don't know whether there's a crazy algorithm for calculating damage per defence point and above a certain threshold it becomes redundant?

I'm thinking VIG is more important for soaking up damage or maybe a happy medium between that and VIT. I've been watching ENB's playthrough and he seems to favour VIG (his current build has 40 VIG and 6 VIT) and is surviving more blows than I am at a similar SL (with 16 VIG and 30 VIT).

Any thoughts on what is the best balance?

penev10 wrote: »
    Rolling is the only way to go!

Armour in this game is feeling very Demon's Souls for me i.e not great. I have 30 VIT, +10 Gyrm Armour and Smelter stuff giving me 1000+ Physical Defence. Never have I had such a high defence but I still take massive damage.

I don't know whether there's a crazy algorithm for calculating damage per defence point and above a certain threshold it becomes redundant?

I'm thinking VIG is more important for soaking up damage or maybe a happy medium between that and VIT. I've been watching ENB's playthrough and he seems to favour VIG (his current build has 40 VIG and 6 VIT) and is surviving more blows than I am at a similar SL (with 16 VIG and 30 VIT).

Any thoughts on what is the best balance?

But surely having only 6 VIT would mean you are running at over 100% of maximum equip load meaning you cant move very easily. I personally prefer the more balanced route, seems to be working for me so far anyway.

My Knight fat rolls so I dont use it really as it wastes too much stamina. I have a shield that takes 90%+ damage so I dont get hurt that often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

logik wrote: »
    But surely having only 6 VIT would mean you are running at over 100% of maximum equip load meaning you cant move very easily. I personally prefer the more balanced route, seems to be working for me so far anyway.

My Knight fat rolls so I dont use it really as it wastes too much stamina. I have a shield that takes 90%+ damage so I dont get hurt that often.

Have you beaten the pursuer?

Have you beaten the pursuer?

Yes, the bosses I have beaten so far are The Last Giant, Pursuer, Dragonrider, Old Dragonrider and Flexile Sentry.

The only reason I was able to beat The Pursuer was down to my shield, one parry and I had him dead in around 30 seconds. Shortest boss fight so far for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Yes, the bosses I have beaten so far are The Last Giant, Pursuer, Dragonrider, Old Dragonrider and Flexile Sentry.

The only reason I was able to beat The Pursuer was down to my shield, one parry and I had him dead in around 30 seconds. Shortest boss fight so far for me.

Did you get the drangleic shield? 100% damage protection.

In the drop down ledge after him I mean.

Did you pick up the Drangleic shield after that boss fight? 100% physical defence is key!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Pursuer is a hilarious boss fight. I sometimes just get summoned so i can "accidentally" shoot the host in the face with a giant spear :P

Did you get the drangleic shield? 100% damage protection.

Yes, but I only got that after fighting the Pursuer from the corpse. I can understand why alot of people love to roll but I dont have the need to. As long as I can move around an enemy and block, really anything they throw at me I have no need to roll. I am currently running 96% of my max equipment load so I really cant roll. I am not wearing the soldiers ring because I don't want to sacrifice some of my other rings.

EDIT - I killed Dragonrider, Old Dragonrider and Flexile all on my first attempt, so the build seems to be working for me. Now, I know I am most likely over leveled for the areas I am in so the bosses are going to be slightly easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I have yet to make a fat roll character in DS2 but my first character in DS1 was a fat roll with the biggest armour and shield i could find. The poise worked different in DS1 and with heavy armour you could walk into a room of enemies and trade blows with them without flinching. At the moment in DS2 im using the Elite Knight set and the dagger wielding rogue's at the copse can stun me on almost every hit. Which feels wrong.

Also Havel. Just found it there for the first time and holy **** the stats! Its way to light for the amount of defense it gives. Not gonna wear it though since im not a fan of the look. Might use the gloves when i make my Caestus Hung Gar build :D

kung-fu-hustle-2.jpg

I have yet to make a fat roll character in DS2 but my first character in DS1 was a fat roll with the biggest armour and shield i could find. The poise worked different in DS1 and with heavy armour you could walk into a room of enemies and trade blows with them without flinching. At the moment in DS2 im using the Elite Knight set and the dagger wielding rogue's at the copse can stun me on almost every hit. Which feels wrong.

Also Havel. Just found it there for the first time and holy **** the stats! Its way to light for the amount of defense it gives. Not gonna wear it though since im not a fan of the look. Might use the gloves when i make my Caestus Hung Gar build :D

kung-fu-hustle-2.jpg

Where might a man pick up this set? I got it on a playthrough but I've totally forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Where might a man pick up this set? I got it on a playthrough but I've totally forgotten!

Havel's is near the first bonfire in the gutter, you need the forgotten key to get it.

Elites Knight is available when you spend enough souls at the armour merchant in Majula

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Kiith wrote: »
    The Pursuer is a hilarious boss fight. I sometimes just get summoned so i can "accidentally" shoot the host in the face with a giant spear :P

I used to do this all the time. I'm a horrible person...

I remember helping the host with the Pursuer by tanking him and letting the host line up the shots on the Ballista to take out Pursuer. He killed him with the ballista and while I was taunting the host taught it would be funny to shoot me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

But surely having only 6 VIT would mean you are running at over 100% of maximum equip load meaning you cant move very easily.
    ENB's build wears the Soldiers Ring for extra equip burden and only has the lightest of armour (Thief stuff I think) and carries Rapiers and gets in just under 70%.

Advertisement