Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Lvl 92
    Vgr 18
    End 20
    Vit 23
    Atn 11
    Str 36
    Dex 26
    Adp 3
    Int 1
    Fth 8

Also can you summon in belfry Luna?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You can summon in Belfry Luna yes.

At that faith level (which controls lightning bonus) I don't know if it would be a great upgrade.

On a slightly related note, I just got 1000G in Dark Souls! Those final achievements took absolutely ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

GK1001 wrote: »
    Lvl 92
    Vgr 18
    End 20
    Vit 23
    Atn 11
    Str 36
    Dex 26
    Adp 3
    Int 1
    Fth 8

Also can you summon in belfry Luna?

I killed the gargoyles and the skeleton lords last night both on my first attempt. Very weak enemies I thought, 2 attacks of 3 swings on a gargoyle and they were dead and 1 attack of 3 swings on a skeleton lord and they were died. Still think the pursuer was the hardest fight I have faced so far but I may have been way to low a level to take him on in the first place.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    You can summon in Belfry Luna yes.

At that faith level (which controls lightning bonus) I don't know if it would be a great upgrade.

On a slightly related note, I just got 1000G in Dark Souls! Those final achievements took absolutely ages.

1000G in DS is very impressive, fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

logik wrote: »
    I killed the gargoyles and the skeleton lords last night both on my first attempt. Very weak enemies I thought, 2 attacks of 3 swings on a gargoyle and they were dead and 1 attack of 3 swings on a skeleton lord and they were died.

I walked into the Skeleton Lords fight with full Havels armor and quite literally felt like a tank. The skeletons did little to no damage, poise was high enough that they couldn't interrupt anything and dispatched them solo with ease.

@GK1001: I agree with Cydoniac that your faith is too low for lightning upgrade to be any use. I would perhaps infuse it with something like bleeding/poison (can't remember if either of those infusions downgrade scaling) and then you can use Firesword Pyromancy or Resins to buff the sword. Alternatively you could leave the Zweihander at +10 and buff with resins and pyromancy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I find that most of the bosses are easy anyway. Just summon a NPC, let them take the brunt and you lay into their back. Even the last boss I had blue sword and headless helping me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

On
    Nashandra
    now. That curse effect is a killer. Divine Blessings cure curse right? I have a full set of them unused. Holy Water Urns seem effective, might stock up on them and use them after my Gold Pine Resin wears off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hint

pretty big hint actually
    you can destroy the floating curse orbs she releases with one swipe of a weapon

hahahahahaahahha
    summoned a dark spirit who arsehole'd his way to victory with a big ass katana

after I respanwed, i saw his summon sign there in the same place. so I summoned him and
    ate the seed of a tree of giants

delicious revenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

1000G in DS is very impressive, fair play!

Thanks! Nearly got it in DS2 as well, but it's definitely quite intense to get the last few.

• Advertisement

Quick question in relation to the boss souls in the game. I collected them all so far because I knew that I could trade them for weapons. However, I have no need for all of the weapons available because they would not suits my build type.

Is there any point in hanging onto the souls or should I just consume them for the souls?

Quick question in relation to the boss souls in the game. I collected them all so far because I knew that I could trade them for weapons. However, I have no need for all of the weapons available because they would not suits my build type.

Is there any point in hanging onto the souls or should I just consume them for the souls?

The great souls help (I hear) and on my first play I kept all the souls but on my current one I just use them up.

all boss souls can be used for weapons or consume for souls, no other reason

except
    giant souls. which you wont get until you're right near the very end of the game. and i wont tell you what you need them for :) just don't consume them... and try to get 4-5 of them

--edit

also, something felt off during my current playthrough but i couldn't figure it out at all

i had my agl at 98, dropped a load of points into whatever stat bumps it up and got it to 101.. jesus the difference. those extra 3 points make an unbelievable difference in roll timings and speed

all boss souls can be used for weapons or consume for souls, no other reason

except
    giant souls. which you wont get until you're right near the very end of the game. and i wont tell you what you need them for :) just don't consume them... and try to get 4-5 of them

--edit

also, something felt off during my current playthrough but i couldn't figure it out at all

i had my agl at 98, dropped a load of points into whatever stat bumps it up and got it to 101.. jesus the difference. those extra 3 points make an unbelievable difference in roll timings and speed

I know about the Giant Souls and also Great Souls so I was never going to consume these. I am just referring to the standard boss souls. Some of which I have use for and others that I will never use. So I will just consume the ones I will not use.

The Agility stat is ADP no? I really need to put some points into that so.

At the moment I look something like this.

VGR - 20
    END - 22
    VIT - 22
    ATN - 4
    STR - 40
    DEX - 22
    ADP - 12
    INT - 3
    FTH - 6

great souls you can consume no bother, you just need to defeat the bosses. the souls dont actually do anything it's just a handy way for the player to know roughly if they're powerful enough to move on or not as the game assumes you've have levelled up and upgraded a bit by then

also it depends on your play style

I can't live with fat roll, I roll like a limp bizkit song. Some day in this century I might try a fat roll character and stick with it for longer than 2 hours, maybe.

Try it, its not actually that bad fat rolling. I very very rarely roll now because there really is no point, I am unable to roll out of the range of enemies and it just wastes stamina.

I thought I needed the Great Souls for
    To gain access to the castle? I thought I needed to collect all 4 before I could gain access?

Try it, its not actually that bad fat rolling. I very very rarely roll now because there really is no point, I am unable to roll out of the range of enemies and it just wastes stamina.

I thought I needed the Great Souls for
    To gain access to the castle? I thought I needed to collect all 4 before I could gain access?

3 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

He doesnt mean the actual ADP, when you upgrade your ADP you will see your agility stat go up in the right in the level up menu, for each point in ADP you get a few points into your agility! Don't know the exact numbers and that

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

3 I think.

No it's 4
    The Rotten, Lost Sinner, Freja and Old Iron King
    . but you can also get through the shrine of winter if you have a soul memory of 1 million (only works in NG though)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No it's 4
    . but you can also get through the shrine of winter if you have a soul memory of 1 million (only works in NG though)

Thats what I thought alright. I will keep them so.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thats what I thought alright. I will keep them so.

Oh you can probably still consume them though, I'm sure the shrine will still open as long as you've beaten the bosses. Surely the developers wouldn't be that cruel :D

Oh you can probably still consume them though, I'm sure the shrine will still open as long as you've beaten the bosses. Surely the developers wouldn't be that cruel :D

Ah ok :) that is possible alright its just the words "or perhaps..." makes me think I needed to keep them whole.

Ah ok :) that is possible alright its just the words "or perhaps..." makes me think I needed to keep them whole.

I think the perhaps is alluding to the weapons and spells you can get, or that's what I thought anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I have kept every soul that has "or perhaps...", never underestimate the developer's ability to **** over the player in this game

Grimebox wrote: »
    I have kept every soul that has "or perhaps...", never underestimate the developer's ability to **** over the player in this game

Do they not all have that?

No it's 4

For some reason I thought I read it was possible with three. Don't know why you wouldn't grab the fourth though.

I think the perhaps is alluding to the weapons and spells you can get, or that's what I thought anyway.

Also the more great ones you keep will make the king weaker.

Also the more great ones you keep will make the king weaker.

It's only the Giant Souls that do that and once you have 5 any more have no effect.

It's only the Giant Souls that do that and once you have 5 any more have no effect.

God damn it :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Do they not all have that?

I'll have to double check but I have almost ten that say that since I read they are needed for the end boss :D

Advertisement