Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are WowHD fairly reliable? I haven't used them since they were still called CDWow. It's only 43.99 on there. I'm kinda tempted since it's the same price for the standard edition.

They are as reliable as Zavvi, you could get it in a few days or it could be a couple of weeks, you would be taking a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no sign of this on gamesnash either yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are WowHD fairly reliable? I haven't used them since they were still called CDWow. It's only 43.99 on there. I'm kinda tempted since it's the same price for the standard edition.

You will be waiting 10-14 days no question, never had anything from them faster, but the stuff has always arrived, stuff ships from Hong Kong still.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

first review out, from a german game mag, here is the neogaf link where they translated it etc

score for those not bothered with opening it
    90%

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

From what they say, they've made it more accessible without making it easier. Sounds good to me.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    From what they say, they've made it more accessible without making it easier. Sounds good to me.

That's fine by me too, a little bit more explanation about mechanics and items without having to restort to wikis is grand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure i like that enemies only respawn a certain amount of times though. Would be pretty stupid if you end up running through completely empty areas once you've cleared them the set number of times.

Does mention the "Soul Vessel" to respec being a rare item, should be limited to one per play or more in NG+ Interesting to see how that goes, I think I have pretty much decided how I'm going to spec my 1st character, nice crutch to lean on for when that build goes horribly wrong or I don't get the type of gear I want :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Dark souls is such a poor game.

krudler wrote: »
    That's fine by me too, a little bit more explanation about mechanics and items without having to restort to wikis is grand.

Ha didn't the 1st game have the wiki URL on the box? :D

Edit: On a closer look at the review, maybe it's been said already here and I missed it but I didn't know that you could be invaded when hollow in DS2 :eek:

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Ha didn't the 1st game have the wiki URL on the box? :D

Edit: On a closer look at the review, maybe it's been said already here and I missed it but I didn't know that you could be invaded when hollow in DS2 :eek:

I really hope it's not gamebreaking, some areas in DS1 are a pain to get through while human without being invaded, trekking to a boss or whatever. If it's balanced then great it'll keep you on your toes and all that but if it's just constant invading it'll get tiresome.

macker33 wrote: »
    Dark souls is such a poor game.

sigh, I'll bite, reasons?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really hope it's not gamebreaking, some areas in DS1 are a pain to get through while human without being invaded, trekking to a boss or whatever. If it's balanced then great it'll keep you on your toes and all that but if it's just constant invading it'll get tiresome.

Apparently the frequency of invasions depends on different factors. If you are going around pvping and have a bad rep you'll get invaded more while someone that is behaving will get invaded less.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Apparently the frequency of invasions depends on different factors. If you are going around pvping and have a bad rep you'll get invaded more while someone that is behaving will get invaded less.

Ah ok, that's not too bad so, wonder will killing NPCs or just general dickacting affect it too. Should stop a lot of gankers too if they're more liable to be invaded.

Spotted this further down the thread with review, sums things up for me nicely :P

4920194+_319efab1548c8e5db6f1ff388ddf02c0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

After the game launches if your hollow chances for everyone to get invaded will be the same and it could indeed be a rough first few days. Until the game is out about a week or so and people start to accumulate sin level and hollows will be invaded less. Plus if your trekking through an area for the 100th time and invaders are getting on your wick you can always use a certain item at a bonfire and it stops you from being invaded for a limited time.

At first i was worried about constant invasions but there are alot of mechanics that hinder invaders and some that help those being invaded. Hype level is through the roof for this one. Was tempted to do a run of Demons Souls but i want to go into DkS2 abit rusty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I've always got a kick out of being invaded to be honest.

The more it happens the happier I will be.

noodler wrote: »
    I've always got a kick out of being invaded to be honest.

The more it happens the happier I will be.

At times its great, other times you just want to get across an area to fight a boss for the dozenth time and don't need Billy Darkwraith appearing and wrecking you before you've even had a chance for the boss to kill you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

will the americans 3 days head start give them enough time to figure out the invading covenants ?

when it came out on the PC , and i was rushing through it to get to the DLC, there was plenty of seasoned players invading the new PC players !!

I have the distinct impression that alot of you guys are either on PC or have better internet than me!

I always feel this stuff doesn't happen enough!

I am going to ty and go wired with my ps3 connection for DS2 in the hope for a more substantive online experience!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game is using dedicated servers and not crappy peer to peer like the first dark souls so online should be a hell of a lot better this time.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The game is using dedicated servers and not crappy peer to peer like the first dark souls so online should be a hell of a lot better this time.

Horray, failed summons are a pain especially if it's an area that isn't particularly busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think they know that the good faith they have with the existing player base, and word of mouth will means improved sales. The expense of dedicated servers is a lot less of a risk when they know the game will sell well.

They had dedicated servers for Demon's Souls. I think they just realised it was a disaster going peer to peer in comparison so went back to servers.

360 Collectors Edition currently in stock at Amazon

Aaaaaaargh!!! Getting closer to release now and lots of new gameplay videos popping up on the net! Must....resist! Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of release week will be hell with all the US streams tempting me on twitch.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

sigh, I'll bite, reasons?

I just dont like it, no other reason really

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

macker33 wrote: »
    I just dont like it, no other reason really

It does not really make it a poor game just because you do not like it, that is just personal opinion, if it was riddled with bugs or had other issues then it could be classified as a poor game, you have to appreciate the fact that it is a highly praised game with a very strong following.

• Advertisement

46520020.jpg

Heh

Advertisement