Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No it's 4
    The Rotten, Lost Sinner, Freja and Old Iron King
    . but you can also get through the shrine of winter if you have a soul memory of 1 million (only works in NG though)
    I believe 4 million is needed in NG+.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Argh, I forgot how tough NG+ can be... Feels like I can never find a super powerful weapon without needing to cast crystal magic to make it decent. In Dark Souls 1 my +15 Scimitar ripped through everything...in this game melee just doesn't feel as limitless

it's a pain in the sack is what it is, they really want to push magic on you but I've seen magic users play the game in streams or when I summon. It's op and just not that fun looking

also, i forget who it was that was uchi'ing it up in the dark souls 1 thread but consider this whoever you are

they tried to gimp melee in dark souls 2. they included the uchigatana, they did not include the balder side sword

boom. headshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So took down the Executioners Chariot last night but I wont lie, I died a few times on him due to the pesky skeletons!!! Also also you cannot block a single attack from the horse so I ended up switching to double handed sword and battering him.

Also that Red Phantom just before the boss fight killed me a few times, christ he hits hard... Just started Harvest Valley.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I believe 4 million is needed in NG+.

It wouldn't open for me with 4.5 million in NG+. I'm pretty sure you can only get through that that way in NG.

logik wrote: »
    Also that Red Phantom just before the boss fight killed me a few times, christ he hits hard... Just started Harvest Valley.

wait till you fight him at ng+

• Advertisement

wait till you fight him at ng+

I can only imagine, I mean for an Ultra Greatsword he moves SOO fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

It wouldn't open for me with 4.5 million in NG+. I'm pretty sure you can only get through that that way in NG.

It says 2m on the wiki but I have the figure of 6m in my head, maybe someone mentioned it on YouTube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

That guy before the chariot actually stopped me moving that way for a few days. Had to come back and snipe him. :/ This time he took a few Emit Forces to the face :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

penev10 wrote: »
    It says 2m on the wiki but I have the figure of 6m in my head, maybe someone mentioned it on YouTube.
    There is no exact stat yet but apparently it's roughly 5 million per additional NG level.

That or it is just 1 million, NG+ 2m, NG++ 3m, etc on top of what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Cydoniac wrote: »
    There is no exact stat yet but apparently it's roughly 5 million per additional NG level.

That or it is just 1 million, NG+ 2m, NG++ 3m, etc on top of what you have.

NG is 1 Million, NG+ is 2 million more than you started NG+ with, NG++ is 3 million higher than you started NG++ with, and so on. I had about 15 million and still had to add 3M in NG++ so I'm nearly certain that's how it works

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

NG is 1 Million, NG+ is 2 million more than you started NG+ with, NG++ is 3 million higher than you started NG++ with, and so on. I had about 15 million and still had to add 3M in NG++ so I'm nearly certain that's how it works

Did you get it to open yourself after NG? I had huge soul memory (15m+) by the time I went through on NG++ and wouldn't open without the 4 lord souls but I'm not sure how much of those souls were from that play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Did you get it to open yourself after NG? I had huge soul memory (15m+) by the time I went through on NG++ and wouldn't open without the 4 lord souls but I'm not sure how much of those souls were from that play through.

Yep opened it on NG+ I think it was, with 3 Great souls

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

So took down the Executioners Chariot last night but I wont lie, I died a few times on him due to the pesky skeletons!!! Also also you cannot block a single attack from the horse so I ended up switching to double handed sword and battering him.

+1 on all of the above
    not far ahead of you

just did the upper gutter, blighttownesque although probably not as unfair...rage was involved though

great

died fighting the darklurker again, hundred thousand odd souls left in the dark chasm of old

go to heides to farm a few knights, get money to repair my rings.. and I get invaded and ass raped

that's just great

--edit

turns out I had an unbroken ring of soul protection in my inventory the whole time.

that makes it all better

--edit

ALL THAT?!

ALL THAT FOR 35K ****ING SOULS?!

great

died fighting the darklurker again, hundred thousand odd souls left in the dark chasm of old

go to heides to farm a few knights, get money to repair my rings.. and I get invaded and ass raped

that's just great

--edit

turns out I had an unbroken ring of soul protection in my inventory the whole time.

that makes it all better

--edit

ALL THAT?!

ALL THAT FOR 35K ****ING SOULS?!

Ouch...I feel your pain but I cant stop smiling at your post!

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/21hht9/the_nameless_song_spoilers/

so...... lore?

that's pretty interesting.
    the milfanito sing to bring peace to those who bear dark and death and the song played over the end credits of dark souls 1. does it mean anything, was it just a nice little nod to fans of the first game?. the shrine of amana is a pretty ****ing important location lore wise so it's tempting to think nothing they put in there was by accident or "yeah that'll be cool, throw it in" but can the credits really be considered part of the lore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktOIcoQr_Rw

related to above so maybe dont click until you've finished the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

All 3 games have a similar track. DeS has Return To Slumber. I don't think it's that significant, rather than a loose theme.

So finally got the Claymore last night after getting a second branch in "Harvest Valley". I have enough materials to upgrade it straight away to +7. I was moving from the Drangleic Sword which I love. I find the Claymore while it is more powerful it is alot slower to swing I am not getting as many hits in on enemy. I died a number of times last night because I was used to how my old sword handled. Anyone I speak to says the Claymore is amazing so maybe I just need time to get used to it.

Those Orb throwing enemies in Harvest Valley are a pain in the swiss roll!

So finally got the Claymore last night after getting a second branch in "Harvest Valley". I have enough materials to upgrade it straight away to +7. I was moving from the Drangleic Sword which I love. I find the Claymore while it is more powerful it is alot slower to swing I am not getting as many hits in on enemy. I died a number of times last night because I was used to how my old sword handled. Anyone I speak to says the Claymore is amazing so maybe I just need time to get used to it.

Those Orb throwing enemies in Harvest Valley are a pain in the swiss roll!

i was a serious drangleic convert as well but after a while I did end up loving the claymore and found it out damaged the drangleic. I dabbled with the bastard sword a while before moving to the claymore, it was lovely but the claymore had that reach.

mastadon greatsword is where it's at though

i was a serious drangleic convert as well but after a while I did end up loving the claymore and found it out damaged the drangleic. I dabbled with the bastard sword a while before moving to the claymore, it was lovely but the claymore had that reach.

mastadon greatsword is where it's at though

Yeah, I think I just time to adjust to the Claymore. At +7 it is doing something like 246 base + 105 so I am hitting for 490 - 900 depending.

Will keep an eye out for the mastadon greatsword so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

The Claymore's biggest asset is it's strong attack which is a forward thrusting lunge. It has great range and can allow you to strike without without risk of a counter a lot of the time. Once you get used to it and get the timing down you'll be laughing.

The Mastadon Greatsword is a stronger and slightly longer variant but it lacks the thrusting attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

After the first Summoner is dead loop back to the entrance and ensure all skeletons are dead. Then pick a handy alcove and pick off the chariot with arrows, knives, bombs, etc. At 25% he will fail to make the jump and a single hit sends him falling to his death.

After covetous demon and the jars of food hanging from the ceiling this has to be the easiest boss in the game. Huge disappointment for me.

After the first Summoner is dead loop back to the entrance and ensure all skeletons are dead. Then pick a handy alcove and pick off the chariot with arrows, knives, bombs, etc. At 25% he will fail to make the jump and a single hit sends him falling to his death.

well you could just not cheese him if you think he's too easy...
    After covetous demon and the jars of food hanging from the ceiling this has to be the easiest boss in the game. Huge disappointment for me.

shock.jpg

Great tip there, I killed him the old fashioned way but thanks for the strategy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Twelve PvP victories in a row yesterday with my faith build. That was my best night ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Twelve PvP victories in a row yesterday with my faith build. That was my best night ever :)

What's your build?

Also yes, Mastodon Great Sword is king!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Shrine of Amana is fd up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Shrine of Amana is fd up.

Its pretty easy now compared to how it was before. Don't use a torch as it will draw the attention of the water monsters.

Found the chariot dude hard at first until I realised you can roll under the spikes on the wheels. Basically ignore the skeletons and sprint to the summoners, chariot will kill the skeletons for you.

• Advertisement

Found the chariot dude hard at first until I realised you can roll under the spikes on the wheels. Basically ignore the skeletons and sprint to the summoners, chariot will kill the skeletons for you.

That is kinda what I did alright but didn't know you could roll under the spikes. Doh!

Advertisement