Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

What's your build?

Also yes, Mastodon Great Sword is king!!

I'm at level 188 with 51 faith, 15 int (well, 48 faith and 12 int but the King's Crown adds 3 more to faith and int) 35 strength and 26 Dex. I'm using a +2 Southern Ritual Band for the extra attunement slots and a +2 Clearstone Blue ring for faster casts.
    I'm using a +5 Lightning Defender Greatsword, a +5 Lightning Dragon Chime and a +3 Dark Chime of Want for GRS. On my left hand side I have a +4 Defender Shield, A +10 Magic Bellkeper Shield and a +10 Dark Transgressor shield. I'm wearing fully upgraded Throne Defender armor and a King's Crown :) I'm also using Great Lightning Spears, Great Resonant Soul, Emit Force, Great Magic Barrier and Blinding Bolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

After covetous demon and the jars of food hanging from the ceiling this has to be the easiest boss in the game. Huge disappointment for me.
    Whaaaaaaaaat. How did you figure that out?

Just so you know, if you figured that out from watching it online, you can hardly complain about being disappointed at how easy it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Cydoniac wrote: »

Just so you know, if you figured that out from watching it online, you can hardly complain about being disappointed at how easy it was.

I actually figured it out myself with a faith character on my second play through. Summoned help for the boss then started spamming Lightning Spears after killing the boss and managed to hit one. :D For magic is seems to auto hit them even if your close.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tried to start again as a cleric

i hated myself so much I had to turn it off after half an hour or so

why the hell you start off with 3 heal spells and a weapon you can't even use properly though, wat da fuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

why the hell you start off with 3 heal spells and a weapon you can't even use properly though, wat da fuk.

2 hand the mace and it is a right little beast. Then just speed run to Heides, kill the dragon rider, summon the dude if you need help and then buy lightning spear off the women on top of the tower. Then leg it to Ornstein kill him, join the covenant and pick up the emit force and heavenly thunder. From there on you're basically OP! The Brotherhood of Blue or whatever they are called! You can also buy boltstones off him so you can infuse a weapon to lightning early in once you get some good faith scaling.

• Advertisement

There is an item in Shrine of Amana i can't get. Right after the 3rd bonfire in the cave with the gas monsters. As you come out of the cave and go right immediately there is one item in the shallows near the cliff wall. But there is another further down but no visible path leading to it. Anyone got any ideas?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There is an item in Shrine of Amana i can't get. Right after the 3rd bonfire in the cave with the gas monsters. As you come out of the cave and go right immediately there is one item in the shallows near the cliff wall. But there is another further down but no visible path leading to it. Anyone got any ideas?

You get it from the other side.

2 hand the mace and it is a right little beast. Then just speed run to Heides, kill the dragon rider, summon the dude if you need help and then buy lightning spear off the women on top of the tower. Then leg it to Ornstein kill him, join the covenant and pick up the emit force and heavenly thunder. From there on you're basically OP! The Brotherhood of Blue or whatever they are called! You can also buy boltstones off him so you can infuse a weapon to lightning early in once you get some good faith scaling.

yeah but i was dual wielding two maces for my last play throuigh and im kinda sick of them

might try ultra greatsword run next

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You get it from the other side.

:o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

:o

I died a couple of times trying to get at it from the near side too :D

• Advertisement

The run up to Ancient Dragon and the boss himself are beyond frustrating. Played alot today so i think ill call it quits and just grind through the area instead of dashing on my next session.

If you need to get past Dragonrider really fast, don't pull any of the levers, and when you enter the boss room, stand a little to the side just where the path meets the circle area, he'll try to charge you, roll past him and he'll suicide himself :)

Alternatively, let him charge to the spot where you entered the fog gate, then move yourself so there is water between you and where he is, he'll just walk in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I thought the Dragon Lord was a very easy boss, you could stay close to him and just counter his attacks. Dropped him first time but nice video!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Started a cleric build yesterday too. Decided to go dual maces power stance... fuck me the DAMAGE it does! The strong attack on the powerstance can get so many hits in that it breaks poise easily, drains stamina easily when blocking (opening them up to a riposte) and generally does alot of damage. I have a dual caestus build as well but dual maces seems to far outweigh in terms of damage & poise breaking. I don't even really have the maces upgraded very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

might try ultra greatsword run next

Black Knight Ultra Greatsword is my current favourite. Against fire resistant foes it can be weaker than the others but the two-handed strong attack does a nice lunge which comes in very handy when keeping enemies at arms reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Some leaked footage of the next souls game. Shotgun?

Nah, not sure that is Dark Souls, it does look alot like it but maybe a new game series. We don't need guns in Dark Souls!

EDIT (I am hoping its not Dark Souls 3 :( guns... come on)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Demon souls 2... with a shotgun! Japan Studio involved so more than likely a Sony exclusive. Might just be a system seller for the PS4 if no PC release.
    Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
    Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
    Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
    So the world might be mended.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

logik wrote: »
    Nah, not sure that is Dark Souls, it does look alot like it but maybe a new game series. We don't need guns in Dark Souls!

Well it's certainly in the same vein, but more of a van helsing vibe if anything.

chickenboy wrote: »
    Well it's certainly in the same vein, but more of a van helsing vibe if anything.

Agreed, I am just used to Magic and Melee with the kind of game Dark Souls is. Not sure if guns would work. Don't get me wrong, it looks interesting and something that I would most likely buy but I think it may be a new game as opposed to Dark Souls 3.

• Advertisement

it's a ps4 exclusive so definitely not a dark souls 3, might be a souls game in the same way it went demon-dark-....beast?

dark souls 2 was codenamed project dark i think so.. beast souls?

sounds kinda silly.. hopefully it's not beast souls

it's a ps4 exclusive so definitely not a dark souls 3, might be a souls game in the same way it went demon-dark-....beast?

dark souls 2 was codenamed project dark i think so.. beast souls?

sounds kinda silly.. hopefully it's not beast souls
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/ds-beast
    Demon's Souls spoilers in link but that explains name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

well you could just not cheese him if you think he's too easy...

I wasn't aware I was cheesing him for the first two times I beat him. Then I saw a video of someone doing it the other way with the porticullis. Couldn't be bothered with that.
    shock.jpg
    Indeed.

Cydoniac wrote: »

Summoned someone on my first attempt at him and they whipped out a bow and used them.

Since then I've been looking for alt strats on various bosses.

Most guesses are pointing to Demon Souls franchise, and tbh, push time line forward and have guns as an alternative to (cross)bows and it works. Wouldn't be put off by guns at all.

Meh, dual Avelyn's already crossed that line in my mind.

I don't see crossbows as all that different! It does take the fantasy away a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ugh, must they add in guns. At least keep it in a way so they are really old guns that only hold 1 bullet and take ages to reload and keep ammo very limited or something. It's more that it would ruin the atmosphere then anything.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/21/dark-souls-2-pc-tweaking-guide/

if i'm already using the nvidia inspector tweaks from this article I don't need to bother with the downsampling elements of Gedosato, right?

i should just be using gedosato for fancy lighting and slightly darker stuffs

--edit

actually from looking through the gedosato ini it seems most of the stuff in it is already taken care of by what's in that pc gamer article

• Advertisement

jesus the game is busy as hell tonight

im only after starting, wandering around FoFG and there are summon signs everywhere. at the bonfire, a couple around the elevator towards the last giant, near pate.. jolly cooperation all up in this bitch

I even got invaded which is like.. the second time it's happened to me if I don't count that horrible time I went into ng++ after murdering all the npc's but even then.. an invasion that early in the game, mind boggling.

--edit

http://imgur.com/a/I457n

looks pretty nice with the gedosotuastoasudhjtlasduw stuff installed

the DoF is ****ing *horrible* though. i dont like DoF generally but this is really ****ing disgraceful. I didn't touch it in the .ini and it is laughable.

Advertisement