Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

new vaati video about the pit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

jesus the game is busy as hell tonight

im only after starting, wandering around FoFG and there are summon signs everywhere. at the bonfire, a couple around the elevator towards the last giant, near pate.. jolly cooperation all up in this bitch

I even got invaded which is like.. the second time it's happened to me if I don't count that horrible time I went into ng++ after murdering all the npc's but even then.. an invasion that early in the game, mind boggling.

--edit

http://imgur.com/a/I457n

looks pretty nice with the gedosotuastoasudhjtlasduw stuff installed

the DoF is ****ing *horrible* though. i dont like DoF generally but this is really ****ing disgraceful. I didn't touch it in the .ini and it is laughable.

Your spelling of GeDoSaTo made me laugh out loud for some reason. Agreed about the DoF. I just left it at whatever the standard for the game was.

The Mace wielding drakekeeper guys at the Dragon Shrine are probably the most annoying enemy in the whole game. They are ****ing *****. They're relentless, have no stamina, and often feint their attacks and when you think its safe to strike they smack you

-Edit- Ok nevermind i found out an easy way to beat them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I personally think Shrine of Amana and with the spell using mages/clerics is the most rage inducing area ever. Homing spells w/ high damage + long line of sight + walking heavy through water = rage deaths alot of the time :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems there's a big update coming on the 3rd of June, I wonder how effective all these nerfs will be, might make me go back to PvP for a bit:
    Contents:
    -Fixed so that the poison damage of the weapon “Bad Staff” occurs only during the close distance attack.The poison damage doesn’t occur when the spell is used.
    -The motion, damage amount, and balance during reinforcement of the weapon“Avelyn” are adjusted.
    -The motion, damage amount and balance of the weapon “Syan's Halberd” are adjusted.
    -The damage amount, damage amount to the stamina, and balance
    during reinforcement of the weapon “Santier's Spear” are adjusted.
    -The motion of the weapon “Pursuer's Greatsword” is adjusted.
    -The parameters of the armor “Cale's Leather Armor” and “Cale's Shoes” are adjusted.
    -The hexes correction value of the ring “Abyss Seal” is adjusted.
    -The damage amount balance of the spell “Great Resonant Soul” is adjusted.
    -The damage amount balance of the spell “Wrath of the Gods” is adjusted.
    -The damage increasing amount of the spell “Resonant Weapon” is adjusted.
    -The damage increasing amount of the spell “Flame Weapon” is adjusted.
    -The motion of the Thrusting Sword category weapons is adjusted.
    -The Dual Wield attacking motion of the Greataxe category weapons is adjusted.
    -The Parry motion of Curved Sword category weapon is adjusted.
    -The balance of the weapon enchant by spell is adjusted.
    -The affection degree to the spell effective time is adjusted to fluctuate depending on the status value.

• Advertisement

even with the amount of times ive played this game.. I am completely lost

just did lost bastille, i've sinners rise left to do but dont want to do that until after I do belfry luna.. and I wasted my last pharros lockstone in lost bastille

genuinely dont have a clue where to go next...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

even with the amount of times ive played this game.. I am completely lost

just did lost bastille, i've sinners rise left to do but dont want to do that until after I do belfry luna.. and I wasted my last pharros lockstone in lost bastille

genuinely dont have a clue where to go next...

Well if you only have Sinners Rise left to do surely that answers your question :P

Hopefully the nerfs will give a bit more variety to pvp!

Well if you only have Sinners Rise left to do surely that answers your question :P

Hopefully the nerfs will give a bit more variety to pvp!

well that doesn't really help since sinners rise is a primal dead end :)

anyway, I remembred. the bloody contraption on the way to heides, i always forget that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Fought what I think is the hardest boss I have faced so far in the game. Smelter Demon... And then I find out he is optional... Christ he battered me a good few times. I needed to summon an NPC helper and then I took him down but my god, what I fight.

omg
    i randomly decided to use a cracked red eye orb, never knew I could use them without being in an invasion themed covenant

invaded some dude as a red spirit, ****ed his **** up

that was awesome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

logik wrote: »
    Fought what I think is the hardest boss I have faced so far in the game. Smelter Demon... And then I find out he is optional... Christ he battered me a good few times. I needed to summon an NPC helper and then I took him down but my god, what I fight.
    When you find out his weakness it becomes a lot easier, like a lot of bosses! Hint: previous area!

I was naive enough to think maybe throwing holy water at him would douse him, but no such luck...

Did all 3 Abyss areas + Darklurker in one go. I think being a mage is much easier than Melee as the Havel phantom would **** your sh!t up. Afterwards the portal is permanently open and only realised you can invade other people while in the Abyss!

Cravez wrote: »
    Did all 3 Abyss areas + Darklurker in one go. I think being a mage is much easier than Melee as the Havel phantom would **** your sh!t up. Afterwards the portal is permanently open and only realised you can invade other people while in the Abyss!
    Magic users can tear through pretty much everything in the game without much issue, I don't know if they're going to curtail it a little as in higher levels there are fully loaded mages with Havel gear that are incredibly tough to beat.

lol

i broke my sword swinging at a phantom I summoned after beating a boss

--edit

the smelter demon fight (and all the iron keep) is ****ing incredible looking with gesodato installed

**** that glitchy ****. I had him down to 2-3 swipes left and he pins me up against the wall, nothing I could do but die.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Magic users can tear through pretty much everything in the game without much issue, I don't know if they're going to curtail it a little as in higher levels there are fully loaded mages with Havel gear that are incredibly tough to beat.

Agreed.

Everyone should play the game at least once with a pure melee build.

Lightning spears do so much damage to bosses for very little risk. That being said one of my characters im currently playing is a pure INT caster but the only reason im making one is to troll the **** out of everyone as a ratbro.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This game can make you feel so stupid sometimes. Being pincer attacked on the sword hanging over the ocean in the Forest Of Fallen Giants really is a "I should've seen that coming..." moment.

that phantom outside the executions chariot in ng+.....

i burned an ascetic in the purgatory bonfire and this guy is kicking the **** out of me

I must have repaired this ring of soul protection about 19 times

i burned an ascetic in the purgatory bonfire and this guy is kicking the **** out of me

Just hop over to the side of the bridge and shoot arrows through the bars :)

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Just hop over to the side of the bridge and shoot arrows through the bars :)

i actually did that my last playthrough :)

felt so cheap afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Everyone should play the game at least once with a pure melee build.

Just finished my first playthrough with a pure STR build. Am going to study the guide now and stroll through with a caster!:pac:

• Advertisement

It's incredible how good some of these filters look. I'm using a slightly less dramatic one (not a fan of the lens flares). My laptop is weak so have to run it on lower settings, but the Smelter Demon fight in particular is much more dramatic;

DDC186B1290B27621B329270A0685F18CE85CDE2

Loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

The Dark Souls feel in one with the Medieval knights and gods theme is far stronger than souls two is with its fantastical fairytale feel... If that makes sense. Maybe its just me.

Watching a friend play through one now and its far more brooding and atmospheric. He's at the parish now clinking around in his armour and supping on estus.

What a game. Two was something special as well and the mechanics of two are far better.
    A dark souls 1 and 2 remastered set for PS4/XB1 would be amazing. Like the last of us rerelease. Using the new additions in 2 and fusing it to one with some changes and fan service. Wrapped in some shiny next gen duds.. That would be fantastic.

Or project beast... I'm not picky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm finding Demon Souls rock hard. Flame lurker just laughed me to death

I'm finding Demon Souls rock hard. Flame lurker just laughed me to death

That's a nice fight indeed. I like how the closer to death he is the more relentless and faster be becomes. Definitely gets your heart pumping as you want to close to fight out asap. Well for the first few times you fight him anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Last Giant is a freaky looking bastard, it was a fairly straightforward boss fight though because I had Pate and another summons with me so it was 3 on 1.

Not exactly a fair fight but I don't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Last Giant is a freaky looking bastard, it was a fairly straightforward boss fight though because I had Pate and another summons with me so it was 3 on 1.

Not exactly a fair fight but I don't care!

You gotta atleast try to Solo each boss the first time you fight them... For honors sake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I found him hard enough on NG nevermind NG+. You could just get a bow and hop across onto the ledge and pick him off. Poison works a treat.

gedosato is crashing ds2 on launch now :/

havent played in a couple of days, only thing i've changed is a different monitor (my 2560x1440p one at home insteadd of the1080p tv i was using at my parents place) but i've fiddled with every resolution option I can in game and in gedosato and just freezes on launch

pain in the sack

--edit

it was the downsampling, i guess setting both resolutions the same in the .ini is not the correct way of disabling downsampling

it was the downsampling, i guess setting both resolutions the same in the .ini is not the correct way of disabling downsampling
    Nope, it tends to crash to desktop if you have both the same. I was hoping it would do the opposite i.e have low res textures but still a high res overlay, similar to how you could set up DS1, but I can't seem to make that work.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if Valve has sorted the issue out regarding modding the game and VAC? I read that people were getting banned initially because they used gedosato or other graphic mods which (in theory) modifies game files.

Advertisement