Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

dark souls 2 is getting dlc as of july 22nd

might hold off till the dlc gets cheaper

Saw that this is only 30 euro in Smyths so figured that there was no better time to finally get the game and jump into it. Going to spend the weekend engrossed in it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you have an nvidia card http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/21/dark-souls-2-pc-tweaking-guide/ some of these tweaks make it look extra pretty

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/ for downsampling if you don't have an nvidia

dark souls 2 is getting dlc as of july 22nd

might hold off till the dlc gets cheaper

episode 1

I love the sound of that

seven weeks to go.

just seven weeks to go.

--edit

and then the next two dlc's following very shortly, nice. 20 euro for the season pass on steam too. excellents all around

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw yiiiiiiiisssssss the only dlc I can say I will definitely be getting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Didn't they originally say no way would there be DLC?

The areas look pretty boss but those got damn poison spitting statues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Saw that this is only 3 euro in Smyths so figured that there was no better time to finally get the game and jump into it. Going to spend the weekend engrossed in it
    3 euro! That's insane.

Hyped for the DLC, wish they would have just made it one pack though. Guess it's a profit thing.

i assume he meant 30..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I think it's better to release DLC than not have anything out there. There was always going to be something down the line, the demand is too huge. If the DLC turns out to be decent like Artorias Of The Abyss was, then it's worth it for players who want more out of the game.

€25 on Steam right now. I might hold out to see if it drops, or if I can get a better deal on it. Definitely looking forward to playing it but not in a rush by any means. It'll be about €18 in the US and no doubt a short while after it's released there will be no problem scoring it for €15 or less by trading keys. (on Steam)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh yeah so much for From saying there would be no DLC

Edit: I should mention I got rid of the game last week based on From saying there would no DLC back in december :( Now that was just a barefaced lie from them, as DLC doesn't get strung together overnight. :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    Oh yeah so much for From saying there would be no DLC

Edit: I should mention I got rid of the game last week based on From saying there would no DLC back in december :( Now that was just a barefaced lie from them, as DLC doesn't get strung together overnight. :mad:
    well, the final statement was actually that they would only consider DLC if there was a fan demand. Which there was loads of. I mean it wasn't like the game was left unfinished. It was always going to have DLC at some point. You could probably just rent the game for a week and do the lot!

Also... €20? I got the entire game for €15.

and people wonder why pc gets overlooked by publishers time and time again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Yeah I specifically remember being slightly annoyed when I read on this thread that From had come out saying there would no way be any DLC. While I'm delighted it's not cool on there part to now bring out, what seems to be 3 DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I made a walkthrough on how to quickly & efficiently get Havel's Armor at the start of the game and get a few other bits along the way, if it might help anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I never saw mention of 'NO DLC' a few months back, I probably would have traded it in. Bizarre move from FROM. Why are people complaining about more content for a brilliant game? I never got the dlc for the 1st one and hearing how good it was from bloody everyone, I'll definitely be getting this.

just found an area in the gutter i'd never been to!

right up high so I get a beautiful view of all the sconces i've lit (with gedosato enabled and all)

lovely looking

--edit

OMG THE SCONCES ARE ALL BROKEN POISON STATUES

i never noticed that before.....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wonder will it be better to start a new character or just play through it with my 20m soul memory ng++ character. Delighted there's DLC either way.

the fact that all 3 are being releases a month apart makes me wonder how they are going to integrate into the main game

they'll surely be balanced for particular SL's, or a range of potential sl's at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Walking poison statues....Anger levels rising;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Awesome.. Awesone.. Awesome.

The artic area looks amazing. Playing through souls 1 has removed some of the rose tint I have for the game vs 2. Souls 2 really did make sone excellent changes not including story or difficulty. The changes to the mechanics, item use, combat and statuses... might be a little poison heavy but meh it turned out well. I far prefer the setting in one but these new areas have me hopefull and honestly excited :D
    The aztec looking place reminds me of eternal darkness but that artic place looks gorgeous.

Edit: I think dark souls was a better game to 2, it was gruelling and the no warp till londo feature really made it feel like an adventure. There was a real one on one feel to the silver and black knights too, long patient battles... I missed those in 2. Souls 2 did add, fix and enhance a lot of things though and I have no hesitation paying for more :D

My problem with the dlc is not nessary complaining about more dark souls 2 content but the way its been handled has me cautious.

The game came out in march and we are told that we are getting 3 dlc content.

In that short space of time I am led to believe we either got a incomplete game of this dlc with be rush and short levels and will not jusifty the asking price they be asking for.

Artorias dlc was handled gently and poetly that matched and overcome alot of the single player which it stood from the beginning and was released a long while after the release of dark souls.

This just feels rushed as it stands but I could very well be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

For those complaining about the DLC, read the entire interview to get some context on what Miyazoe said.
    Similarly, From have no plans for a Vita version (“It’s not a handheld game, because of the network functionality.”) or for extending the Dark Souls brand in the same free to play direction taken by Soul Calibur, Tekken and Ridge Racer. Again, the notion draws laughter from Miyazoe. “Yeah, right!” he snorts. “Not yet, and not for a while I think. It’s one of our bigger IPs right now, but it’s a new IP, so I think it’s too young to go free-to-play. And with Dark Souls I think it would be hard to monetise in that way. Pay per death? That would be terrible. From Software especially don’t want to allow players to pay for an advantage.

“For Dark Souls 2, we don’t even expect any additional downloadable content because we want to deliver a full game, the full experience, to fans who purchase the package from day one. We did do additional content for Dark Souls, but generally downloadable content for Dark Souls II is not really being considered. Buy the package and you’ll get the full experience, and you’ll have as much fun as anybody else. Spending a couple dollars on certain items does not help the experience. So no free-to-play yet!”
    It's fairly clear he's referring to the monetisation options available via smaller in-game items which feature in nearly every game as DLC these days and even more prominently in many F2P games.

Furthermore, even if you wanted to argue against that, there's nothing there that can be construed as a definitive announcement that there definitely won't be any DLC in the future.

And as someone who loved Demons and Dark Souls, enjoyed the hell out of Artorias Of The Abyss, rating the fight with Artorias as one of the best in recent times, and have more recently enjoyed the hell out of my first 40hrs with Dark Souls II, I welcome the ever loving crap out of an announcement of more content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I don't understand why people are crying about them releasing DLC. You either buy it or you don't buy it. Its not like it was content ripped from the game, and its not like it would matter anyway considering how much content is in the vanilla game its well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

and people wonder why pc gets overlooked by publishers time and time again

I'm on a very tight budget, I wouldn't have bought it for full price on any system. And if you honestly believes sales are a reason a publisher might overlook PC platform then you're kidding yourself.
    Its not like it was content ripped from the game

Hard to tell at this point, but its been done before with other games often enough so there's a paranoia among gamers about DLC regarding that. Digging into disc content or digging through the PC folders has sometimes revealed the content was there all along and just needed to be 'unlocked'. I doubt that's the case with Dark Souls II, but it doesn't mean the content wasn't pulled or delayed for a later DLC release.

I don't understand why people are crying about them releasing DLC. You either buy it or you don't buy it. Its not like it was content ripped from the game, and its not like it would matter anyway considering how much content is in the vanilla game its well worth the money.

Voicing criticism isnt crying just like being all for something does not make you a fanboy, people are aloud an opinion.

It has nothing to do with you can buy it or not , many of the people would glady have bought the dlc but the way its being handled so soon after release makes me believe it was made along with the main game but either not ready or ripped from the main title.

And of course the main game had 60 hours of gameplay with enough replayability for a new game + but it does not get a pass because of the game length in its original form , people have a right to voice criticism.

In that short space of time I am led to believe we either got a incomplete game of this dlc with be rush and short levels and will not jusifty the asking price they be asking for.

Artorias dlc was handled gently and poetly that matched and overcome alot of the single player which it stood from the beginning and was released a long while after the release of dark souls.

This just feels rushed as it stands but I could very well be wrong.

But Artorias DLC was proven that it was originally supposed to be part of the game, so you can't really complain in that regard. DS2 was a finished product, this is extra content.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wonder will it be better to start a new character or just play through it with my 20m soul memory ng++ character. Delighted there's DLC either way.

Challenge run time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm not crying about the fact there will be DLC , I'm a bit annoyed many places and myself included got the impression there would be none.

I put over 200 hours into it and thinking there was nothing more I could get from the game I got rid of it like a fool only last week :(

/sucks to be me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm not crying about the fact there will be DLC , I'm a bit annoyed many places and myself included got the impression there would be none.

I put over 200 hours into it and thinking there was nothing more I could get from the game I got rid of it like a fool only last week :(

/sucks to be me :p

I understand that point of view. If your on a budget and you want to trade a game in to go on to the next one. But im more shocked that you traded it in at all :O Demon Soul, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 are the only console games i have left. I don't even have a PS3 anymore :pac:

Souls games feel like real keepers imo

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »
    But Artorias DLC was proven that it was originally supposed to be part of the game, so you can't really complain in that regard. DS2 was a finished product, this is extra content.

Dark souls was released October 2011 and the Artorias Dlc was released Oct 23rd 2012

I am led to believe Artorias was lore and what happened at Oociale was not just simply stored away for a whole year. Artorias Dlc added much more than just few different enemies , places and new bosses. It gave new npc with another story to add , new equipment and a pvp mode people asked for.

This is not in the same boat in my opinion as a title that wastes no longer than 3/4 months to announce 3 more dlc and a season pass for people to buy. Again as I posted the trailer I will pick up the packs but when they are cheaper.

Advertisement