Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭_Puma_

I think I traded it in the nest in things betwixt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you trade it to the crows in things betwixt for a random item

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

you trade it to the crows in things betwixt for a random item

Ok, but is it worth it?

worth what..they're completely useless otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

worth what..they're completely useless otherwise

Sorry, should have been a little clearer! :) my bad.

I have been leaving silky stones etc in the nest to get a few items but this are all standard items, nothing special.

What I meant was, the fact they are rarer, are the items decent?

• Advertisement

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Dyna+and+Tillo

shows the items you can get for each thing you drop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I got a Demon Hammer as one of my first drops from it. Strength 50 though. But still it was funny crushing the knights in the Iron Keep when I should have needed to be cautious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

logik wrote: »

What I meant was, the fact they are rarer, are the items decent?

The Petrified Somethings can give you a higher chance of receiving a rarer item such as The Demon's Great Hammer or Channeler's Trident (which you can only get via trading with Dyna&Tillo). You may also get the 'White Ring' which gives you the 'white glow' appearance of a co-op summon, which may potentially allow you to troll some people when invading them.

The Demon's Great Hammer is supposedly the best strength weapon in the game once you upgrade it to +5 (450 base damage as well). The Channeler's Trident has a special 'buff' spell that increases you and allies damage output for a short time.

You can also get items such as titinate slabs with the Petrified Somethings.

Before you give a Smooth & Silky Stone or Petrified Something to Dyno&Tillo you should use a rusted coin as it boosts your chance of getting better items.

Cravez wrote: »

Before you give a Smooth & Silky Stone or Petrified Something to Dyno&Tillo you should use a rusted coin as it boosts your chance of getting better items.

ehr
    mah
    gerd

i never thought of that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dyna & Tillo gave me a Titanite Slab after I used a rusty coin and gave them the Petrified Something.

Yah Yah, so nice, so smooth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The White Ring is pretty tough to get but amazing fun to use...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Fair play to them for finding the worst possible voice actors for Dyna & Tillo

Grimebox wrote: »
    Fair play to them for finding the worst possible voice actors for Dyna & Tillo

No way! Perfect follow up to Snuggly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cydoniac wrote: »
    The White Ring is pretty tough to get but amazing fun to use...

It was the 1st thing I got right as I started my 1st playthough of the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Yeeeeeeeeeees you, give us silky :)

Yah yah, so smooth.

You gotta love their enthusiasm for silky smooth sh*t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Christ, reaching the Executioners Chariot in NG+ is not going well. First time I beat the leaping asshats, fell off the bridge... Cheesed the NPC Red after that... To be invaded and get slaughtered. Not a good day.

www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/26c0u3/python_program_to_optimize_armor/

Just found this too, type in the Weight you can allocate to armor, and it gives the best combination of items to choose

has the chest in majula mansions basement reset for anyone?

has the chest in majula mansions basement reset for anyone?

Only when I burnt the thingy at the bonfire

Grimebox wrote: »
    Only when I burnt the thingy at the bonfire

and did you get the 3 petrified somethings instead of whatever was originally inside it?

• Advertisement

What are the best covenants? I joined the Blue Sentinels and was hoping to give invaders a taste of justice but I've never been summoned anywhere as a Sentinel.

bell bro's represent

and did you get the 3 petrified somethings instead of whatever was originally inside it?

I can't remember to be honest. It was reset though. I did it because I was out of effigies and the skeles drop them after you burn the bonfire.

J. Marston wrote: »
    What are the best covenants? I joined the Blue Sentinels and was hoping to give invaders a taste of justice but I've never been summoned anywhere as a Sentinel.

I'm really enjoying the Dragon Remnants! Joined last night and PvP'd for about 3 hours straight! And another hour now, with no intention of stopping. Fights are good, most people are honourable.

Bell Bros is satisfactory too, and the Sentinels get more action invading with Blue Orbs than being summoned. And you need to be human to be summoned incase you're wondering.

Heirs to the Sun is obviously the best though

I joined Heirs Of The Sun and need to help people in boss fights to rank up in the covenant (I need that Sun Sword).

Is there any place to be consistently summoned for a boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I joined Heirs Of The Sun and need to help people in boss fights to rank up in the covenant (I need that Sun Sword).

Smeltor Demon is always a solid once you get him down yourself.

Most people need help with the following bosses usually any of the 4 great soul bosses:
    - Lost Sinner
    - Duke's Dear Freja
    - Old Iron King
    - The Rotten

Then lesser bosses:
    - Ruin Sentinels (since it's 3 vs 1 if you don't summon)
    - Smelter Demon
    - Skeleton Lords
    - Executioner Chariot
    - The Pursuer
    - Throne Watcher/Defender (2 vs 1 if you don't summon, but these are later bosses)

I always found that I kept getting summoned for the Duke's Dear Freja boss the most. Even when I was over 1 million soul memory on normal game.

Covetous Demon. I imagine because it's where most people first try out Sunlight Covenant. Also Looking Glass Knight

Yeah forgot about Looking Glass Knight and also Velstadt the Aegis Knight in the Undead Crypt can be bothersome so people usually want to summon for that boss fight too.

• Advertisement

Also trying to farm the Aurous armor is very frustrating. I got his shield (Old Knight Shield, actually good stats) on first try, then have to re-fight flexile sentry with those two f*cking shadow enemies. Beat them, re-burned Bonfire Ascetic killed phantom and got nothing even though had full item discovery. Now have to re-fight flexile sentry and shadows again on NG++ before I can even re-try the phantom (again) to 'maybe' get an Aurous armor piece (the helmet is what I want) :(

Advertisement