Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cravez wrote: »
    Most people need help with the following bosses usually any of the 4 great soul bosses:
    - Lost Sinner
    - Duke's Dear Freja
    - Old Iron King
    - The Rotten

Then lesser bosses:
    - Ruin Sentinels (since it's 3 vs 1 if you don't summon)
    - Smelter Demon
    - Skeleton Lords
    - Executioner Chariot
    - The Pursuer
    - Throne Watcher/Defender (2 vs 1 if you don't summon, but these are later bosses)

I always found that I kept getting summoned for the Duke's Dear Freja boss the most. Even when I was over 1 million soul memory on normal game.

I am finished the game but I keep just standing at the Velstadt boss in the Crypt. Helped 4 people kill him last night. Not getting summoned as much as I want so I might try and help somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

logik wrote: »
    I am finished the game but I keep just standing at the Velstadt boss in the Crypt. Helped 4 people kill him last night. Not getting summoned as much as I want so I might try and help somewhere else.

Summoning depends alot on your Soul Memory as well. I am currently under 1 million (about 700-800k) soul memory for an alt character I have and I could not get 1 summon sign for Velstadt or Throne Watcher/Defender Boss fights. When I went onto my 3 million soul memory main character there was summon signs everywhere for either boss.

Also for Velstadt, I noticed alot more people put their summon signs all the way back to before you enter the stairs down into the room before the boss fight, not right before the boss fog.

I would try the Dear Duke of Freja boss, I farmed most amount of souls from there being summoned the most.

At the moment I am around 1.6 million souls, SL is 181. I was leaving my Summon sign at the Pursuer because I know how hard that boss was at lower levels but didnt get summoned once. Might try the Lost Sinner.

EDIT - Actually I think I will go with Freja, take your advise :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

At the moment I am around 1.6 million souls, SL is 181. I was leaving my Summon sign at the Pursuer because I know how hard that boss was at lower levels but didnt get summoned once. Might try the Lost Sinner.

EDIT - Actually I think I will go with Freja, take your advise :)

You are so unbelievably overpowered to be summoned for the pursuer :)

Drangleic first bonfire is a good spot as you can be summoned to go either way and I am pretty sure you get the c sunlight medal if you just outlive the summon counter even if you don't help defeat a boss

You are so unbelievably overpowered to be summoned for the pursuer :)

I know, but I just wanted to help people get past the Pursuer :) I found him hard when I was making my way through the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Was anyone else disappointed with DS2 at all? I found it overall to be a pretty big mis-step from DS1. It got some aspects right, and its high points are pretty great, but overall i think its easily the worst game in the series.

My biggest gripes

-Too many bosses, focuses on quantity over quality with most of them

-Bosses can range from laughably easy (covetous demon) to cheap mob attacks (RRV, Ruin Sentinels)

-Areas are far too short, just as some areas are getting good, theyre done. Again, quantity of locations over quality

-Ruined the movesets for Ultra Greatswords/Great Hammers with the directional attacks

-Warping at any time removes tension and the need for careful play

-Overall difficulty seems to be based on mobs. Monster closet levels of cheapness in some areas (walk in, open a chest, better look behind you cause some enemies probably just appeared out of nowhere to gank you)

-Overall world design is less interesting and less well connected than DS1. Feels like a mish mash of different maps with interconnecting tunnels instead of a cohesive world like DS

-The Giants Memories levels are the worst levels in any Souls game, ever. Makes Lost Izalith look like Anor Londo

DS2 is a decent game, but DS1 is a landmark title, and overall i have to say DS2 just feels like a scrapped prototype of DS1

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Was anyone else disappointed with DS2 at all? I found it overall to be a pretty big mis-step from DS1. It got some aspects right, and its high points are pretty great, but overall i think its easily the worst game in the series.

My biggest gripes

-Bosses can range from laughably easy (covetous demon) to cheap mob attacks (RRV, Ruin Sentinels)

-Areas are far too short, just as some areas are getting good, theyre done. Again, quantity of locations over quality

-Ruined the movesets for Ultra Greatswords/Great Hammers with the directional attacks

-Overall difficulty seems to be based on mobs. Monster closet levels of cheapness in some areas (walk in, open a chest, better look behind you cause some enemies probably just appeared out of nowhere to gank you)

-Overall world design is less interesting and less well connected than DS1. Feels like a mish mash of different maps with interconnecting tunnels instead of a cohesive world like DS

-The Giants Memories levels are the worst levels in any Souls game, ever. Makes Lost Izalith look like Anor Londo

DS2 is a decent game, but DS1 is a landmark title, and overall i have to say DS2 just feels like a scrapped prototype of DS1

I echo this so far although I am only mabe 2/3 in.

I am stuck at two Bosses:

- The Rotten

- Royal Rat Vanguard (which I seem to have absolutely no hope of beating currently).

I have to say the last few levels I have enjoyed alot more.

Online still seems to be fairly broken or badly used or underused or irrelevant or whatever except for simply white soapstone stuff.

Bar the Bell Covenant I have had very little joy with any other coveneant no matter how slong I wear there ring/stay part of the coveneant.

If you are on the Xbox, I dont mind lending a hand with the two bosses you are struggling with!

Royal Rat Vanguard & Royal Rat Authority Bosses have to be done solo.

Are you sure you're stuck on the Vanguard? Probably one of the easiest bosses in the game in terms of HP, it's just a higher HP version of a normal rat but has poison attack.

The Royal Rat Authority boss fight is the HUGE rat in the Doors of Pharros. Best strategy is keeping under its legs and attack.

Royal Rat Vanguard & Royal Rat Authority Bosses have to be done solo.

Are you sure you're stuck on the Vanguard? Probably one of the easiest bosses in the game in terms of HP, it's just a higher HP version of a normal rat but has poison attack.

The Royal Rat Authority boss fight is the HUGE rat in the Doors of Pharros. Best strategy is keeping under its legs and attack.

Yeah, had three shots at him last night and he is almost one shotting me.

I only managed to clear the four dogs once though so thats a factor. He is extremely fast, running away to get an estus hit is a no-no.

Chnage of tact then, I'll run right at him to try and get between the legs.

Sorry, its the authority as you say. Not the Vanguard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

My biggest gripes

Haven't finished the game yet but I agree with most of your points. Its biggest failing is that it lacks the atmosphere of the first game which for me is what made it great, it also feels like it forces the co-op element on you at times too like in the three sentinels boss fight.

Haven't finished the game yet but I agree with most of your points. Its biggest failing is that it lacks the atmosphere of the first game which for me is what made it great, it also feels like it forces the co-op element on you at times too like in the three sentinels boss fight.

I dont know about the coop comment. I mean I only had trouble on the Smelter Demon. The sentinals I killed first time. I think it pays to spend a little time farming souls to increase your sl so you handle the bosses. The Rotten boss for me was over in under 2 minutes.

Then again it could be something to do with build aswell. I like the coop style to ds2, it is a bit of fun to be able to hack enemies to death with a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I dont know about the coop comment. I mean I only had trouble on the Smelter Demon. The sentinals I killed first time. I think it pays to spend a little time farming souls to increase your sl so you handle the bosses. The Rotten boss for me was over in under 2 minutes.

Then again it could be something to do with build aswell. I like the coop style to ds2, it is a bit of fun to be able to hack enemies to death with a mate.

It felt like there were more sections in the game that were designed with co-op in mind, as in very challenging to complete solo, not necessarily a bad thing just not to my taste personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yeah forgot about Looking Glass Knight and also Velstadt the Aegis Knight in the Undead Crypt can be bothersome so people usually want to summon for that boss fight too.
    Often a problem there is people don't realise how to get rid of the bell so you usually end up being summoned in pure chaos, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

J. Marston wrote: »
    I joined Heirs Of The Sun and need to help people in boss fights to rank up in the covenant (I need that Sun Sword).

Is there any place to be consistently summoned for a boss?

Go to NG+ and you'll get summoned for every boss again, it's easy, and you can reach the Earthen Peak in about an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Up to ten Sunlight medals, ten to go.

I ran out of human effigies too but then I read up about the Ring Of Life Protection workaround, very handy.

I ran out of human effigies too but then I read up about the Ring Of Life Protection workaround, very handy.
    By NG+ you'll never be low on effigies anyway unless you consistently die as a human or find the areas that require an effigy too hard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

20 Medals? that gets you the sword if I recall but it's 30 for the sunlight spear spell might as well keep going , also you can farm them in NG+ off the
    falconers
    at the start.

calex71 wrote: »
    20 Medals? that gets you the sword if I recall but it's 30 for the sunlight spear spell might as well keep going , also you can farm them in NG+ off the
    falconers
    at the start.

Spell?! I'm pure melee, none of that fancy magic for me.

• Advertisement

Beat the the second geat soul just there. Sinner I think his name is (surrounded by fire).

Still stuck on giant rat and the dear dukes freya.

Ps: my +10 ricards rapier does less damage then my +5 vanilla rapier for some reason. Ricards even scales with dex at S whilst vanilla is just A. Confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

noodler wrote: »
    Beat the the second geat soul just there. Sinner I think his name is (surrounded by fire).

Still stuck on giant rat and the dear dukes freya.

Ps: my +10 ricards rapier does less damage then my +5 vanilla rapier for some reason. Ricards even scales with dex at S whilst vanilla is just A. Confusing.

Check the base damage and add the +damage beside it. This will add up to the weapons max damage. Also things like bleed will skew a weapons damage. When I first got Tarks rapier I was shocked at how much damage it did without upgrades only to realise it was bleed damage. Also the enemy your attacking counts since each one has different resistances.

I'v acquired and broken the Santier's Spear.... holy fuck this weapon is awesome!

I'v acquired and broken the Santier's Spear.... holy fuck this weapon is awesome!

Think that one was down on the list for a change on the 1.06 patch

I could get 2 full goes of the spinny death move set from one full stamina bar and still get a roll in at the end, lethal if mundane with the right stats and gear and buffed with crystal etc.

Think that one was down on the list for a change on the 1.06 patch

I could get 2 full goes of the spinny death move set from one full stamina bar and still get a roll in at the end, lethal if mundane with the right stats and gear and buffed with crystal etc.

I'v been shredding up people in the Belltowers (not a Bellbro) when they invade and took out the Belfry Gargoyles in one try with it (always had difficulty with the Gargoyles previously). I'v also defeated a bunch of bosses with it already at only +1 or +2

Do you know what changes they are doing to it? Are they nerfing it?

the notes say "The damage amount, damage amount to the stamina, and balance
    during reinforcement of the weapon “Santier’s Spear” are adjusted."

during reinforcement of the weapon “Santier’s Spear” are adjusted."

:(

Hopefully it's not major enough that it makes the weapon alot less useful.

Ironically, I'v only ever seen one or two people using it, and not in PvP!

Argh, royal rat authority is so cheap!

during reinforcement of the weapon “Santier’s Spear”
    are adjusted."
    Bye bye OP Dark Santier Spear!

• Advertisement

Fúck the Ancient Dragon.

One hit kill bullshít.