Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Will do. Where abouts are you?

I'm after defeating the giant and pursuer so far.About to take on the two bosses in heide's tower of flame now

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

tok9 wrote: »
    Will do. Where abouts are you?

I'm after defeating the giant and pursuer so far.About to take on the two bosses in heide's tower of flame now

Im just done with Smelter Demon, going back to go to the gutter. I skipped that for obvious reasons. Few PvP now and then.

I see a few enemies have learned some new tricks. The big guys you meet in the Old Bastille can now throw fireballs at you.. Lovely! :)

Yeah bosses seem to have few extra moves. Caught me out once or twice. I feel ng+difficulty should have been ng difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I see a few enemies have learned some new tricks. The big guys you meet in the Old Bastille can now throw fireballs at you.. Lovely! :)

I could be wrong but I think they always could, I think they just rarely use it and it's only when you're at distance!

• Advertisement

Well I made some huge progress today. Amazing how quickly you can go when you know where to go.

Beat a load more bosses - all in Old bastille, belfry, heide's tower, that ship area, huntsman corpse.
    I could be wrong but I think they always could, I think they just rarely use it and it's only when you're at distance!

Oh.. possibly so. I never noticed it before.

You think you know way. You skip along throwing daisy petals along your way then BAM! Two red phantoms right up your butthole.

Phew... for a second there I thought the Covetus demon had eaten all my equipment.. thankfully they were only unequiped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Phew... for a second there I thought the Covetus demon had eaten all my equipment.. thankfully there were only unequiped
    I was so mortified the first time that happened...thinking I'd have to start the game over again or something!

It's official, I'm a seasoned sunbro now! Praise the sun.

Now looking at other covenants I should check out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I was so mortified the first time that happened...thinking I'd have to start the game over again or something!

Wait what? What are you talking about here?

Decided to join the Bell Keepers for now.. already defeated 5 tresspassers.

But I am thinking of going for the blue sentinels too.

Wait what? What are you talking about here?
    I thought I lost all my equipment permanently when the Covetous Demon ate me - it's only unequipped though.

Massive calibration update out soon. This caught my eye...

"Health Recovery Items can no longer be used during any PvP"

:eek: Huge change. I approve though. Was so sick of people who abused estus during fights.

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/07/dark-souls-2-getting-a-major-calibration-1-08-update-on-18-july

:eek: Huge change. I approve though. Was so sick of people who abused estus during fights.

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/07/dark-souls-2-getting-a-major-calibration-1-08-update-on-18-july

Yes! I hate it when they heal. Especially in a duel PvP. I let it slide if invasion. But at designated duel PvP, when they do that I just let loose with sun spears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Designated Duels (e.g Blood Covenant or Blue Sentinel Duels) = Remove Healing
    Invasions (Including Belfry Invasions) = Keep Healing

Healing is an important game mechanic and removing it from its entirety during Invasions is big mistake. I understand Duels should be honorific and test of one's skill, but for normal invasions it should be left alone. Have people never heard of the Lloyd's Talisman? If they need to change anything they need to make Lloyd's Talisman's freely available to buy earlier on in the game rather than after the Shrine of Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

On the otherhand, I am sick if carefully circling for 15 minutes, getting 7 really good jabs in and doing almost no damage, whislt one laggy hit of his unbelieveable AOE Claymore takes me down to just a smidge of health!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just looking at the list quickly this stood out

Increased the attack power of the following weapons - Santiers Spear :D

I agree with blocking estus during pvp , but it's not clear if that also means the invaded player during a normal invasion, if you get invaded you should be able to heal, all other instances you should not.

If it gets rid of chuggers, it's fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

If I get invaded, I want to chug as much Estus as I want, there's no 'honor' in invasions and as such no rules. That's how the game is supposed to be played. If you don't want people chugging Estus flasks then use a Lloyd's Talisman, i.e be prepared for any situation.

For the duels/arenas. I have no problem with stopping Estus/healing usage as you essentially have nothing to lose if you die.

If you are invaded you potentially lose your humanity, souls or your progression through whatever route you are doing and you should use any tactic to protect that.

I think if they have to remove Estus/healing usage, they should do so as follows:
    - If you are invaded via Orb/NPC Invader: Allowed to use Estus/Healing
    - If you are invaded via Belfry Covenant: Allowed to use Estus/Healing
    - If you are invaded in the Dark Chasm: Allowed to use Estus/Healing
    - If you activate Red/Dragoneye Soapstone: Not allowed to use Estus/Healing
    - If you enter Blood of the Covenant Arena: Not allowed to use Estus/Healing
    - If you enter Blue Sentinels Arena: Not allowed to use Estus/Healing
    - If you are summoned by the Looking Glass Knight: Not allowed to use Estus/Healing

The first three are fair, especially being invaded by a Bellbro or when in the Dark Chasm as it can quickly become a huge gank because of the NPC Phantoms. If you activate a Red or Dragon Soapstone, you've essentially invited a duel rather than being a victim of invasion.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How much is the DLC season pass on the Xbox anyone know?

Oh.. I forgot about that. When is the dlc out?

Releases on 22nd for PC anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The Lost Crowns is a compilation of three new "DLC chapters" that will kick off with Crown of the Sunken King, which will be available on all three platforms on July 22nd. It'll be followed by Crown of the Old Iron King on August 26th, and Crown of the Ivory King on September 24th. All release dates are North American.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/06/04/dark-souls-ii-dlc-revealed-the-lost-crowns

I'd say a day or two later for EU releases.

I'm looking forward to see what the DLC holds in store. Hopefully not a tacked on addition but a meaningful expansion like Artorias of the Abyss was.

I'm a little bit wary of what will be on the dlc after the standard of the bosses in the game. I think I'll either wait to hear about it or just wait for a sale on psn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm also wondering how and where it will be accessed, on the one hand I don't want to play it on my ng++ save but on the other I don't want to start another character for it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm also wondering how and where it will be accessed, on the one hand I don't want to play it on my ng++ save but on the other I don't want to start another character for it.

Same boat here, tough I did Artorias of the Abyss on my NG++ and it made the boss fights even more epic. Was a pain waiting for summons though.

I only completed Artorias the other week and I used my NG+ character. Great to see that there was still people playing the game although I was waiting at times.

• Advertisement

I only completed Artorias the other week and I used my NG+ character. Great to see that there was still people playing the game although I was waiting at times.
    I imagine the 360 community got a large boost when the game was up for free last month.

Advertisement