Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I was reading official patch notes and it looks like healing will be blocked only for the Duels and Arena's and not normal invasions, happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Cravez wrote: »
    I was reading official patch notes and it looks like healing will be blocked only for the Duels and Arena's and not normal invasions, happy days :)
    That's something I think everyone can back. Duels a lot more fun when you have to take risks and not have the safety net of 12 Estus behind you.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Still no word on if they're thinking about bringing in SL matchmaking for NG+ and after is there? I guess without healing it's not too big a deal anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

F1ngers wrote: »
    Artorias was only one dlc, there are three for DS II.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Each dlc is bigger than Artorias.
    No one is getting milked - you don't have to buy it.

I won't be.

Everything I have read seems to indciate that these DLCs will ve very episodic compared with Artorias. Artorias was nice and big and sprawling.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Still no word on if they're thinking about bringing in SL matchmaking for NG+ and after is there? I guess without healing it's not too big a deal anymore though.
    I don't think From are ever going to admit soul memory is broken... :(

• Advertisement

I'll have a little extra disposable income this month so I bought the Season Pass. Once I give it a go ill revert back to here if anyone is on the fence in regards getting it.

Folks on reddit talking about weapon/damage scaling post patch. For Santier Spear lovers the AR at +5 and with Raw Infused is now 385. IIRC It was somewhere in the low 200's previously. It does an additional 100 AR damage if you use RoB+2 & Sacred Oath.

Miracle uses (especially Lightning Spears etc) are severely Nerfed. People saying base casting uses for the spears are: 4 Lightning Spears, 3 Great Lightning Spears and 2 Sunlight spears.

I'm okay with the spears being slightly less powerful - I mean they were being abused for Darklurker anyway.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm okay with the spears being slightly less powerful - I mean they were being abused for Darklurker anyway.

True, alot of people gonna have alot harder time now fighting Darklurker and Smelter Demon.

Edit: People also reporting the further away you are, the less damage the spears do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

True, alot of people gonna have alot harder time now fighting Darklurker and Smelter Demon.

Edit: People also reporting the further away you are, the less damage the spears do.

That's a clever mechanic. Makes running into boss range worth doing.

Melee needs proper fixing. Hope they get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did people really find lightning spears that bad? They're very very easy to dodge and slow to cast. Don't think that nerf was necessary really, some of the hex's and magic spells are much worse.

Did people really find lightning spears that bad? They're very very easy to dodge and slow to cast. Don't think that nerf was necessary really, some of the hex's and magic spells are much worse.

I said previously on Reddit, dodging is more a personal skill rather than a character one. Depends on the players actual reaction time to dodge. I'v killed a good number of people with the Lightning Spear, usually not straight up using it but I use tactics where their concentration is off enough for their reaction window to be lessened and then cast it. Also sometimes hitboxes for the spears are woeful too and even if you dodge you get clipped by one magically and take some damage.

But you are right though, they are generally alot easier to dodge than say Sorceries or Hexes. I would imagine the nerf is due to more PvE rather than PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i have only really got going in the game again recently, and i abandoned using the hexes and have used my 2 soul vessels and pumped into high faith and strength. I'm going to miss all my lightening spears :(

anyone have a link to a detailed list of what has been done with the patch ?

I have 1 last primevil bonfire to light, so i was hoping that i might have the game passed or close by tuesday

2smiggy wrote: »
    anyone have a link to a detailed list of what has been done with the patch ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/2aejxu/official_english_patch_notes_v106/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Folks on reddit talking about weapon/damage scaling post patch. For Santier Spear lovers the AR at +5 and with Raw Infused is now 385. IIRC It was somewhere in the low 200's previously. It does an additional 100 AR damage if you use RoB+2 & Sacred Oath.

Miracle uses (especially Lightning Spears etc) are severely Nerfed. People saying base casting uses for the spears are: 4 Lightning Spears, 3 Great Lightning Spears and 2 Sunlight spears.

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif

That wipes out the tactics of about 90% of those guys decked out in full Havel's Set.

I notice backstep parry seems to be gone according to that.

Man, the update is huge! :eek:

It's the first time I've seen a Steam update download get bigger in size the more it downloads...nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Man, the update is huge! :eek:

It's the first time I've seen a Steam update download get bigger in size the more it downloads...nuts

It's for the DLC I'd say, the way they have implemented the the DLC is that you can summon players that don't have it so for that to work everyone needs to have it, which is pretty cool.

calex71 wrote: »
    It's for the DLC I'd say, the way they have implemented the the DLC is that you can summon players that don't have it so for that to work everyone needs to have it, which is pretty cool.
    The DLC is as big as the game itself/bigger in size! Find that odd...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Trixy_Trollox

I still haven't completed Dark Souls 1...i'd say its shortened my life

• Advertisement

How can you summon people who won't have it? They won't be able to get to where they need to put their signs down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How can you summon people who won't have it? They won't be able to get to where they need to put their signs down.

They leave their sign oustide the dlc area and it will appear for players in the DLC. It was explained in the IGN article linked a page or 2 back. Summoning players who don't have it was a big feature and a good one as it will keep the numbers up for summoning.

Edit : Ya clown ya Mickeroo it was you that posted that link lol :pac:

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls-2/Crown_of_the_Sunken_King
    Players who leave summoning signs just outside locked door to the DLC areas may be summoned inside by other players from within Crown of the Sunken King. Summoning signs drawn near the monoliths outside the locked door to Shulva are duplicated inside a portion of the DLC zone, allowing summoned players to visit a special Challenge Route as guests.

They leave their sign oustide the dlc area and it will appear for players in the DLC. It was explained in the IGN article linked a page or 2 back. Summoning players who don't have it was a big feature and a good one as it will keep the numbers up for summoning.

Edit : Ya clown ya Mickeroo it was you that posted that link lol :pac:

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls-2/Crown_of_the_Sunken_King

D'oh :o

I didn't read that far in the article :P

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2199-dark-souls-ii-season-pass

Season Pass going for about €15 here if you're interested.

I've also seen the boss/items in the DLC. I'm still not feeling great about it but will probably buy the Season Pass at that price if not just to have some fresh material.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

anyone tried the DLC ?
    I am still to finish the normal game, but my cousin is playing the DLC at the moment. Thinks it's tough enough, with lots of deaths due to gravity !! Also commentated on the lack of bonfires, thou i'm sure there are ones he has missed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Think ill wait till all 3 of the DLC are released then play through the entire game again since i haven't played it in some time. Would be a good way to get back into the game

Is there no season pass on 360? Can't find one on marketplace.

I think Season Pass may be PC only...not sure though.

Just grabbed it from the above site for €15, yess. Can't wait to get into it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't even know there was DLC being released for this. If it's even half as good as Artorias, it'll be worth buying.

• Advertisement

That's a balls. Don't think I'll bother with it it just yet if there's no season pass.

Advertisement