Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's a balls. Don't think I'll bother with it it just yet if there's no season pass.

I had a look there, not listed on the xbox store, dlc is 9.99, and I don't ever recall the DLC for the original ever going on sale.

Can anyone on xbox/ps3 comfirm if there are new trophies/achievements? none of the tracking sites are listing any changes to the original lists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

That's a balls. Don't think I'll bother with it it just yet if there's no season pass.
    There might be keys to unlock it going cheaper on the likes of GameKeysNow, etc. It's a 5 euro difference from full price.

I'll detail the DLC as I play through it! I already got summoned for the first area last night. I don't think it's Artorias level but it's awesome to explore a brand new area. 3 bosses too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cydoniac wrote: »
    There might be keys to unlock it going cheaper on the likes of GameKeysNow, etc. It's a 5 euro difference from full price.

I'll detail the DLC as I play through it! I already got summoned for the first area last night. I don't think it's Artorias level but it's awesome to explore a brand new area. 3 bosses too.

Did you start a new character or are you doing it on NG+ or higher?

Did you start a new character or are you doing it on NG+ or higher?
    I'm going to do it on NG+. I will probably have a new character when the other 2 parts are around though.

*DLC spoilers*
    The first boss I fought was a trio, more of a miniboss. What looks like Havel, a Mirrah knight, and someone else who reminds me of Shiva a bit. I don't know what difficulty my world host was on, but it was quite tough, and the Shiva character can backstab, destroyed.

If you haven't gotten the DLC yet, know that you can still give it a taster by putting a summon sign down in the room before the locked door. You have to go to the Rotten primal bonfire room, and there's a teleport there to the summon area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Season pass is on PSN. €24.99.

• Advertisement

If it's on PSN I imagine a 360 one will follow :)

New DLC area is surprisingly good, didn't think it would have a lot of depth but it's full of multiple paths and it's quite tough (on NG+)

Oh man, Sinh is a good boss

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Darklurker makes me cry.

I want start ng+ but worry if I cant beat the **** now then what hope would I have in ng+.

Also, what bosses did ppl reccommend using ascetic on so you could beat them again and get good loot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

noodler wrote: »
    Darklurker makes me cry.

I want start ng+ but worry if I cant beat the **** now then what hope would I have in ng+.

Also, what bosses did ppl reccommend using ascetic on so you could beat them again and get good loot?

The rotten is a v easy one!

The rotten is a v easy one!

Rotten becomes very difficult after NG :( think it is probably the most convenient of the bosses to do over and over though.

• Advertisement

Just got a dragon invader with a lovely seed of the last giants move.

he kept hiding behind the giants at the top of the stairs in dragon shrine. Kept running up there whenever I mearly had him, beat me twice.

Third time I chased him up the stairs and he backed off straight into them. Brilliant.

where do I find more of these?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just got a dragon invader with a lovely seed of the last giants move.

he kept hiding behind the giants at the top of the stairs in dragon shrine. Kept running up there whenever I mearly had him, beat me twice.

Third time I chased him up the stairs and he backed off straight into them. Brilliant.

where do I find more of these?

You can only get them from the one place near the soldiers Rest bonfire in Forest of the Fallen Giants. Everytime you're invaded there's a chance one will spawn so it's worth checking back there regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I don't know how others find the Rotten the easiest or the easiest one to do over and over again. I personally find Duke Dear Freja or Old Iron King much easier, even when solo'ing in NG+ and beyond etc

I managed to solo The Rotten today quite quickly but I still sweat from the concentration trying not to get smash to bits if I lapse for one moment.

It's probably personal preference at the end of the day but he's my least favourite boss out of the 4 to try kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

raze wrote: »
    A tenner feels a little steep for the DLC because I'd rather a discount as I'll probably pick up the lot. But, content is good - a few puzzles in parts that were welcome, great locations - underground pyramids are pretty sweet, two pieces of loot that scale S with dex, a lighter better version of Vengarl's armour, and a convenient farming area for petrified dragon bones, and decent bosses. Worth it all in all, though I hope I missed some lore on my run through - felt a bit irrelevant what was going on. Would have liked a creepy merchant NPC or something.

How long is it? Say the next two pieces of DLC are the same length would it be longer or shorter than Artorias?

How long is it? Say the next two pieces of DLC are the same length would it be longer or shorter than Artorias?
    I have just finished the DLC and although I have to go back for a few missed items, I've done 90% of it. Took about 5-6 hours I'd say. Very enjoyable area, proper dungeon exploration with puzzles and all. The AI on the new enemies is very good and it is a tough section of the game.

raze wrote: »
    two pieces of loot that scale S with dex
    I just wish the Ivy-style whip sword was more powerful, despite having an S dex I'm not getting a lot of power out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ahhh spoilers...run and hide

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Danonino. wrote: »
    Ahhh spoilers...run and hide

Apologies, should have flagged it to give you the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Nah I was only messing really :) not like you described bosses or tactics or anything. All is good. Poor attempt at being funny to be honest.

Review are mixed.

IGN gave it an 8.

Joystiq were more balance but unhappy with level design and drab enviornments.

Metro, for what it is worth, gave it a 6. Critical of resued assets etc.

I'll be holding off for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Review are mixed.

IGN gave it an 8.

That's a problem with the whole game, in my opinion. There are a few standout areas like Dragon Shrine, Shrine Of Amana and the Iron Keep but the vast majority of the game is drab.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    That's a problem with the whole game, in my opinion. There are a few standout areas like Dragon Shrine, Shrine Of Amana and the Iron Keep but the vast majority of the game is drab.

I liked Bastille and the Forrest as well in fairness but yeah I agree totally of course.

Review are mixed.

IGN gave it an 8.

Is this for the DLC? I thought the level design was excellent, myself. There are reused assets for definite though.

kgjz9b7.png
    DS2

df51Zuk.png
    DS1

I'm so happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cydoniac wrote: »
    kgjz9b7.png
    DS2

df51Zuk.png
    DS1

I'm so happy :D

DS1 was much more difficult in that you could miss the tail cuts and really only get one crack at them per playthrough, I remember being so worried about Priscilla and Seath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

calex71 wrote: »
    DS1 was much more difficult in that you could miss the tail cuts and really only get one crack at them per playthrough, I remember being so worried about Priscilla and Seath.

Huh? Just don't kill the boss until you get the tail off! :pac:

So is the DLC worth it? I don't fancy doing it with my pvp character as I'm at nearly 30m SM so going to do a new run for all the DLC. Just debating whether to wait and do them all together or not...

Big Knox wrote: »
    Huh? Just don't kill the boss until you get the tail off! :pac:

So is the DLC worth it? I don't fancy doing it with my pvp character as I'm at nearly 30m SM so going to do a new run for all the DLC. Just debating whether to wait and do them all together or not...

Apparently it's about 6 to 7 hours worth of content. I waiting for all 3 DLC myself and then I'll just binge on Dark Souls with a new character. I suppose If didn't have a massive backlog on steam I would be tempted to just dive right into the first DLC. Plus the feeling of getting a massive chunk of content feels so much better than smaller bite size pieces. In most cases I found episodic content just leaves me wanting more by the time I'm done with it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there a release date for the next 2 dlc's? Fancy giving it another go, but might wait till they are all released.

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there a release date for the next 2 dlc's? Fancy giving it another go, but might wait till they are all released.

Yeah pretty sure its near the end of the next 2 months, so around 23 Aug and 23 Sept...

Hadn't seen this before:

N4IQdYL.gif

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yes, it's very good I thought. One of the 3 bosses feels a little lazy but the other 2 are great fights. The level design is excellent and there is a puzzle element in there. There's also a hidden scene which brings you to a special area that I enjoyed too.

Advertisement