Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Currently stuck , made it the the Iron keep
    stuck at the start of it, the smelter demon is it? anyhow, keep getting killed by him
    ran out of effigys , but like that matters because I have not been able to summon anyone since the chariot knight...
    Its like I can't summon anyone now, none of their summon signs are showing up anymore
    but if I put down a summon sign I get summoned
    But I can't see anyone elses summon signs.
    I ran out of effigys from seening if I could see any summon signs before the smelter boss, but no ones except for an npc's one

my soul memorie is 589254
    am I too low? to high? I preferred SL for summoning.
    Trying to go different areas to find some more effigys because without a summon or that npc I won't get past this boss (even if hes optional I'd like to kill him)

Hes a ###ing nightmare with the wrong build, go elsewhere first if you can't kill him now. That or skip him and come back later. You have to be super patient if you're fighting him alone and hes in his third phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Hes a ###ing nightmare with the wrong build, go elsewhere first if you can't kill him now. That or skip him and come back later. You have to be super patient if you're fighting him alone and hes in his third phase.

Thing is, I can't move on, I only have half health , can't find effigys anywere :/ tempted to kill the witchs at the start I think you get 3 for it.

Thing is, I can't move on, I only have half health , can't find effigys anywere :/ tempted to kill the witchs at the start I think you get 3 for it.

You can actually kill the boss after him without being hit, hes relatively easy. Try the ring that limits your health loss when you're hollow. Don't kill the three women whatever they give, killing them isn't worth it. Can you buy an effigy off anyone you've got to so far? There is a hidden bonfire relatively close to the boss following him so you can have as many goes without too much trouble until you kill him.

Ok, I decided to change my build abit,
    Originally made a tank build, but clearly its not working out for me :L I find the class slow and doesn't seem to tank any damage as I get thrown of poise all the time,
    so gone for a dex build using the soul vessel thing.

This with abit of movement now and fast rolling I should be able abit better for enemys. (Thats the thinking behind it anyway :L )

Ok, I decided to change my build abit,
    Originally made a tank build, but clearly its not working out for me :L I find the class slow and doesn't seem to tank any damage as I get thrown of poise all the time,
    so gone for a dex build using the soul vessel thing.

This with abit of movement now and fast rolling I should be able abit better for enemys. (Thats the thinking behind it anyway :L )

Dex is a tricky build probably best making a blend but one thing that will always help you is upping your damage output with pine resin, gold is my personal favourite.

• Advertisement

Dex is a tricky build probably best making a blend but one thing that will always help you is upping your damage output with pine resin, gold is my personal favourite.

going to go for a duel wield black katana build, gold resin in right hand for bosses
    should kill quick
    only found one black smith which is the guy in majula, so need to find another one. cause atm I only have a +2 black katana

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

only found one black smith which is the guy in majula, so need to find another one. cause atm I only have a +2 black katana

The other blacksmith is McDuff in Lost Bastille. He offers his services (plus you can purchase infinite large titinate shards off him) once you give him the dull ember. The ember is found before the Smelter demon boss fight, on a corpse just off the ledge where you get the Zweihander.

Btw are you on PC? If so I can probably give you a hand.

^^^McDuff is in the cell just down from where the bandaged guy kicks the exploding barrel down the steps, you can actually use the barrel to explode the wall if you don't have the key.

thank guys, I thought I exploured that place fully :L I guess not
    I found the dull ember alright :)
    will give it another bash in an hour after I relieve some stress from watching tv :D
    seriously I find this game alot harder then number 1
    But starting to enjoy it alot more now compared to the beginning of it.

edit: I am on xbox360
    still the summoning seems to be gone altogether late game for me (or mid game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

edit: I am on xbox360
    still the summoning seems to be gone altogether late game for me (or mid game)
    You'll have no issues with summons when you get to NG+, particularly with DLC attracting more players.

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »
    You'll have no issues with summons when you get to NG+, particularly with DLC attracting more players.

you're mad if you think I'm doing this on ng+ :pac:

you're mad if you think I'm doing this on ng+ :pac:
    Oh NG+ is good! There are more enemies, more armour and a few surprises...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

NG+ is much better than NG! And Dex is a pain in this game :\ I wouldn't recommend dual wielding until you've already beaten the game, so you'll have a general idea of how to beat each boss and enemy without defending.

Magic is the easiest build, and makes the smelter demon laughably easy

don't like mage builds
    never have
    I find their an easy way of beating the game, their too op imo
    dex build is doing me fine for the moment
    made it too the next bonfire which is in a little pit, theirs a ladder that brings me to a bell tower, any ideas were this boss is you lads where mentioning? I went down a different ladder up their which led me back to the bonfire (but out of the pit)

don't like mage builds
    never have
    made it too the next bonfire which is in a little pit, theirs a ladder that brings me to a bell tower, any ideas were this boss is you lads where mentioning? I went down a different ladder up their which led me back to the bonfire (but out of the pit)

Yeah the pit leads you in circles, after you drop off the ledge to land beside the pit, head left you have to cross the platforms with all the Alonne Knights, the door is on the right hand side as you face it.

Look carefully in the cage room coming up, there's a hidden ladder...

don't like mage builds
    never have
    The pit leads to a totally optional area, just go up the stairs beside the room where the ladder is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

In regards to the DLC is it men't to be tackled post Nashandra? Or after the boss that leads into the new areas? About 15 days away from the final DLC chapter and if its post Nashandra content i think ill start my new character right now.

Cheers

In regards to the DLC is it men't to be tackled post Nashandra? Or after the boss that leads into the new areas? About 15 days away from the final DLC chapter and if its post Nashandra content i think ill start my new character right now.

Cheers
    Well both DLC's are certainly not meant to be tackled straight after the boss where their portals are situated. I tried doing the first one straight after The Rotten and got decimated by the first few enemies. Both of them are significantly tougher than the rest of the game. You can do either at any point but they are both difficult to do in early game. I'd say by the time you make it to Drangleic or Undead Crypt you'd be about powerful enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

I have been stuck on Elana for over a week now on my SL1 run. It's her summoning Velstadt that wrecks me every time. Like he's fine to beat on his own, but not with her raining down fire and hexes that oneshot me if they connect! The two summons just serve to give her more HP and generally don't help at all. This is as bad as the Four Kings in DS1!

I just want that Sunken Crown so I can use a rapier T_T

55806.png

The first t-shirt i will buy off Qwertee. Reminds me of an Iron Maiden album cover. Although i don't like how square the image looks on the shirt im just gonna chance it and see how the real one turns out.

Yeah pretty cool shirt lol. So yeah its actually black but for some reason when i link the image it gets saturated like this

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ffs, going to end up with too many dark souls thirst :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ffs, going to end up with too many dark souls thirst :p

I'm going to end up with too many Sif t-shirts!

126 deaths later (about 70 of them from Elana), I finished Dark Souls 2 without levelling up once. I think I can finally put it down and move on to a new game now!!!! :p

10422096_539608969772_360946288585067151_n.jpg?oh=b2d275c1337dc215b70a889b1353bce3&oe=5496EFB3

126 deaths later (about 70 of them from Elana), I finished Dark Souls 2 without levelling up once. I think I can finally put it down and move on to a new game now!!!! :p

-snip-

Grats, but new DLC out in 8-10 days!

Grats, but new DLC out in 8-10 days!

Ha! Forgot that we'll have that so quickly! Maybe a Demon's Souls SL1, though I fear my partner might set me on fire if I even uttered the words... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Information on the final DLC, Crown of the Ivory King:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/18/6359181/dark-souls-2-crown-of-the-ivory-king-tgs-2014

Interesting weather feature and a new followers mode, although I wouldn't like any if it makes the game easier.

The new add-on will also introduce a new gameplay element to Dark Souls 2, which Tanimura called followers. Over the course of the downloadable content, players can gradually accrue followers — allied, AI-controlled characters — who will help them in a battle against a tough boss character. The more followers a player has, the lower the difficulty of that final fight will be, he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Man that's impressive, well done.

Very excited about this installment.

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Information on the final DLC, Crown of the Ivory King:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/18/6359181/dark-souls-2-crown-of-the-ivory-king-tgs-2014

Interesting weather feature and a new followers mode, although I wouldn't like any if it makes the game easier.

The new add-on will also introduce a new gameplay element to Dark Souls 2, which Tanimura called followers. Over the course of the downloadable content, players can gradually accrue followers — allied, AI-controlled characters — who will help them in a battle against a tough boss character. The more followers a player has, the lower the difficulty of that final fight will be, he said.

Haven't played the first two DLCs yet so could someone give a spoiler free run-down of the weather system?

The followers sound like NPC phantoms really...

• Advertisement

Haven't played the first two DLCs yet so could someone give a spoiler free run-down of the weather system?
    Have to play it first! It's not out yet.

Advertisement