Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Haven't played the first two DLCs yet so could someone give a spoiler free run-down of the weather system?

The followers sound like NPC phantoms really...

Ye the weather system is only new to the DLC coming out next week.

They do sound like NPC phantoms alright - although in more numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ah right thought the first two might have had it! Wasn't explained in yon article no? I'm afraid to read it...

Season pass coming soon! 22nd isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Ah right thought the first two might have had it! Wasn't explained in yon article no? I'm afraid to read it...

I think the season pass was released shortly after the DLC details where released...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Season Pass has been out since the DLC was announced, you can grab it at any time. First two DLC's are very good, even with hit and miss bosses.

Aye but that's when I'll be picking up mine. Elana is a bundle of fun supposedly

• Advertisement

Aye but that's when I'll be picking up mine. Elana is a bundle of fun supposedly
    On both DLC's 2/3 of the bosses are quite good. The final boss on Crown of the Old Iron King is just brilliant, one of the most satisfying battles in the entire series in my opinion.

J_E wrote: »
    On both DLC's 2/3 of the bosses are quite good. The final boss on Crown of the Old Iron King is just brilliant, one of the most satisfying battles in the entire series in my opinion.

Dammit you're making me all excited! When is the last one released?

Dammit you're making me all excited! When is the last one released?
    Next Tuesday I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Season Pass has been out since the DLC was announced, you can grab it at any time. First two DLC's are very good, even with hit and miss bosses.

There is no season pass on the 360. So this post needs context. There was rumours of a season pass for 360 after all three released. No confirmation yet though.

There is no season pass on the 360. So this post needs context. There was rumours of a season pass for 360 after all three released. No confirmation yet though.

Really? That's strange altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

There will always be a special place in my heart to hate that wench! :mad:

Can't wait for this DLC, I really do wonder though about the introduction of new features like this at the 11th hour. Do ya'll think this might mean there could be a possibility for further DLC. I would most certainly be supportive of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Shame the run up to him is such a chore. Good boss though.

penev10 wrote: »

Everytime i see your name i think of the Dark Soul's streamer Peeve Peeverson. I just.... needed you to know:pac:

Everytime i see your name i think of the Dark Soul's streamer Peeve Peeverson. I just.... needed you to know:pac:

Eh.... thanks for sharing.

I haven't watched any of his streams but I believe he's quite annoying so maybe not such a compliment?:(

I like A German Spy myself.

I like A German Spy myself.
    Wow, I've seen your videos before! You've got a great following.

Wow, I've seen your videos before! You've got a great following.

:o Think you may have read that wrong. I'm not A German Spy:P

Wish I had the time to be making videos of me endlessly playing video games!

:o Think you may have read that wrong. I'm not A German Spy:P

Wish I had the time to be making videos of me endlessly playing video games!
    Oh so I did misread it... Lol.

Final DLC out today? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh so I did misread it... Lol.

Final DLC out today? :)

No it was delayed until next week.

calex71 wrote: »

I thought you were joking but I looked it up... Gutted :o

calex71 wrote: »

I'm glad :D I just started NG++ so I'm back at the start again.

• Advertisement

Cleared the Sunken King and currently working through the Iron King DLC. Found Sunken king hard enough on NG at about SL 78. The Sanctum knights didn't stunlock easy with my Uchi so i couldn't just rush them down. Also had no shield so had to fight somewhat defensively. I died quite abit :eek: Lots of them from falls trying to get items on the pillars :pac:

Elana was easy enough unless she summoned Veldstat. Killed her on about the 3rd attempt. Sinh was just as easy but i enjoyed the fight with him swooping in and around the arena, how a dragon fight should be. The graverobbers was the hardest if only because of that Havel monster ruining my day. All round very good DLC and longer than i expected.

One thing i don't like is how its broken up. I found all 3 bosses almost back to back instead of the area being broken into sections with a boss at the end of each. Working though the Iron King and have just faced my first boss the Fume Knight and it seems this DLC keeps the same trend with a long starting section then all bosses back to back. Feels...wrong

-Edit-
    Fume knight is ruining my life. I don't recall dying to any boss in any Soul's game more than im dying to Fume right now

Fume Knight is hands down the hardest boss in the game. I couldn't do it solo.

Fume Knight is hands down the hardest boss in the game. I couldn't do it solo.

Ye he was a f*&$er.
    Did you make sure you used all the 4 smelter wedges outside the boss room? I was wearing the Velstadt helm and he automatically went into power mode i.e. what happens when you get his HP down half way. I also used my last smelter wedge on the idol with all the masked assassins on the stairs so I had to keep the Fume Knight away from one side of the boss room.

I wonder what the deal is with him and Velstadt?

Just beat him there and didn't get hit once :D Wonder what it would be like with a shield, are his attacks blockable? I doubt his power attacks are. I also only had 2 wedges left when i fought him and used them on 2 of the Ash Idol's outside his room. But him healing off them was never a problem since i fight him right where he spawns. What surprised me was that he was the first boss in the DLC that i fought and i got a crown after him :eek:

Now i just made my way through a horde of enemies with warlocks debilitating only to fight a Smelter demon at the end of it. I promptly gave up and quit. More tomorrow :D

Just beat him there and didn't get hit once :D Wonder what it would be like with a shield, are his attacks blockable? I doubt his power attacks are. I also only had 2 wedges left when i fought him and used them on 2 of the Ash Idol's outside his room. But him healing off them was never a problem since i fight him right where he spawns. What surprised me was that he was the first boss in the DLC that i fought and i got a crown after him :eek:

Now i just made my way through a horde of enemies with warlocks debilitating only to fight a Smelter demon at the end of it. I promptly gave up and quit. More tomorrow :D
    Yeah you can't actually access the other boss until you have the crown - you'll know the spot I mean when you find it.
    The 'real' final boss is incredible

Yeah you can't actually access the other boss until you have the crown - you'll know the spot I mean when you find it.
    The 'real' final boss is incredible

Crown didn't work on the area you said. Was totally lost and didn't know what to do so i had to google it. I need the Ashen Heart to continue :mad: Now have i have to go through the vanilla game to finish the DLC :( Bummer

Crown didn't work on the area you said. Was totally lost and didn't know what to do so i had to google it. I need the Ashen Heart to continue :mad: Now have i have to go through the vanilla game to finish the DLC :( Bummer

Whoops, I meant the Ashen Mist Heart... It doesn't take long to get to be honest if you've played more than once.

final DLC is great. Unfortunately the 'big reward' From were promising for having all 3 crowns is pretty much a lie.

final DLC is great. Unfortunately the 'big reward' From were promising for having all 3 crowns is pretty much a lie.

Didn't even know it was out yet. May get it at the weekend. I'll ask about what the 'big reward' is when I've finished it as I don't want to spoil it and I've never heard anything on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

PSN down for anyone else? Ugh! I wanna play the DLC now!

Advertisement