Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Is anyone else's PS store freezing? As soon as I open it it just freezes, apparently it's happening to quite a few people's ps3s.

Which means I can't get the dlc for this...

Edit: Bought it from the ps store website so downloading now,

So has much changed from before the first DLC, when I last played? Any buffs for my melee build???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

After comfortably beating the Giant Lord at +11 I think it's fair to say hexing is extremely OP, currently running Hexes, Pyros and Sorceries with healing Miracles, I can do over 2500 damage with a single climax at a 50/50 Fth Int Split

You do know about NG+7 it stops getting any more difficult? I've a hex build currently. Got 54 int, and I think 42 faith. Never tried climax. Shall have to give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You do know about NG+7 it stops getting any more difficult? I've a hex build currently. Got 54 int, and I think 42 faith. Never tried climax. Shall have to give it a whirl.

Yeah I figured that when the souls gained stopped scaling, got so much twinkling titanite though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Finally started this bad boy and im loving it already, finding it a bit easy atm though. The First boss was a nice challenge but the giant arrows made the second one far two easy.

tonydude wrote: »
    Finally started this bad boy and im loving it already, finding it a bit easy atm though. The First boss was a nice challenge but the giant arrows made the second one far two easy.

The other asshat always ends up nailing me if we try the Ballistae, next boss is an absolute pain!

Does everyone here go to the Bastille and Saltfort first? I do forest for easy levels, then the Iron Kings path. Head to Brightstone Cove, and stop before the boss and then absolutely clean the Bastille

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Actually, since NG+ I always jump down the well at the start to get The Rotten out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

J_E wrote: »
    Actually, since NG+ I always jump down the well at the start to get The Rotten out of the way.

I did that very early on my first playthrough - I was always curious what was down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

The other asshat always ends up nailing me if we try the Ballistae, next boss is an absolute pain!

Does everyone here go to the Bastille and Saltfort first? I do forest for easy levels, then the Iron Kings path. Head to Brightstone Cove, and stop before the boss and then absolutely clean the Bastille

Forest first to get to Melentia for her items.
    Then to kill the Dragonrider to get Licia to turn the Rotunda.
    Then down to kill the Flexile Sentry and on to the Bastille as far as McDuff.
    Then off to the Copse and Harvest Valley and thence to the Iron Keep for the Dull Ember (murdering the Skeleton Lords, Covetous, and Mytha on the way).
    Then it's off all the way to Brightstone for some large titanite, sweet equipment, and giant spider murdering! After that, I go wherever!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

Heh, sound fmailiar?

"Sent to a boarding school in Ancelstierre as a young child, Sabriel has had little experience with the random power of Free Magic or the Dead who refuse to stay dead in the Old Kingdom. But during her final semester, her father, the Abhorsen, goes missing, and Sabriel knows she must enter the Old Kingdom to find him. She soon finds companions in Mogget, a cat whose aloof manner barely conceals its malevolent spirit, and Touchstone, a young Charter Mage long imprisoned by magic, now free in body but still trapped by painful memories. As the three travel deep into the Old Kingdom, threats mount on all sides. And every step brings them closer to a battle that will pit them against the true forces of life and death—and bring Sabriel face-to-face with her own destiny."

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/518848.Sabriel

^ It's a bloody great book series! Read all of it!

Happy Halloween Souls fans! :D

• Advertisement

SL1 build has hit a brick wall at Velstadt, can't get him below about 25% with Agdayne

Only 99 deaths so far and I have killed the 4 old ones, so I think its going well! 3 deaths in the Shrine of Amana

SL1 build has hit a brick wall at Velstadt, can't get him below about 25% with Agdayne

Only 99 deaths so far and I have killed the 4 old ones, so I think its going well! 3 deaths in the Shrine of Amana

When he has dark buffed, it is easy to find an opening to hit him - avoid his normal attacks (they're pretty easy to roll past) and when he kneels down to cast dark magic, run around him until he's stopped turning and starting to cast, you'll get 2-3 hits in safely. You really want lots of lightning buffs though.

Fecked off for a few hours to get a lightning broadsword and upgrade my armor! Still no go!

I'll try solo...didn't even get hit. This game is so infuriating

Burn Nashandra you freaky skeletal mong! SL1 COMPLETE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Well done, hell of a game huh :)

Well done fellow Onebro! Now put the game down and back away, YOU'RE FREE!!! :p

Well done fellow Onebro! Now put the game down and back away, YOU'RE FREE!!! :p

I don't think I'll ever be free :pac: Already started my No Death run

I've beaten it 9 times already...

The SL1 was done completely offline too! Seeing as someone here figured it wouldn't count if I used high level Phantoms :P

I don't think I'll ever be free :pac: Already started my No Death run

I've beaten it 9 times already...

The SL1 was done completely offline too! Seeing as someone here figured it wouldn't count if I used high level Phantoms :P

How many hours have you played.... holy crap.

logik wrote: »
    How many hours have you played.... holy crap.

Adds up to 287 but I have 10 or so from deleted files...so about 300 hours :pac: I'm proud of my skill and dedication NOT time invested

Adds up to 287 but I have 10 or so from deleted files...so about 300 hours :pac: I'm proud of my skill and dedication NOT time invested

Nuts... :pac:

• Advertisement

And number 11 ended today! Though it was to give me a run at the DLC. Found Elana time consuming and awkward, but an easy fight. Absolutely breezed past Sinh, using a might Dex bbuild, apparently people find him tough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All,

Quick query, I've just finished Dark Souls 2 offline - and when I restarted at Things Betwixt, all my bonfires have dissapeared!

Is this essentially a restart V#2 once the game is completed and the credits roll?

Also, if I download the DLC games now from Xbox live, will my current profile (including all stats and equipment) be available for this game?

Thanks

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,

Quick query, I've just finished Dark Souls 2 offline - and when I restarted at Things Betwixt, all my bonfires have dissapeared!

Is this essentially a restart V#2 once the game is completed and the credits roll?

Also, if I download the DLC games now from Xbox live, will my current profile (including all stats and equipment) be available for this game?

Thanks

Yeah its like a new file except you keep levels, stats and equipment. You'll need to relight every bonfire and kill every boss again (with a few surprises)

Your profile shouldn't be affected, mine wasn't on PS3 so I see no reason why Xbox would be different

Yeah its like a new file except you keep levels, stats and equipment. You'll need to relight every bonfire and kill every boss again (with a few surprises)

Your profile shouldn't be affected, mine wasn't on PS3 so I see no reason why Xbox would be different

Ok Cheers - Is it really worth playing through again I wonder...?

Might just jump top the DLCs...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ok Cheers - Is it really worth playing through again I wonder...?

Of course it is - some nice surprises in NG+.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Of course it is - some nice surprises in NG+.

Ok Thanks. Are all the DLCs to the same standard of quality? - DO I need to do them is sequence?

Ok Thanks. Are all the DLCs to the same standard of quality? - DO I need to do them is sequence?

Not really sequential - I found Iron King and Sunken King to be the most enjoyable ones. Generally speaking they have great environments and new items, bosses more of an afterthought (Iron King final battle is very epic though)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just seen this posted on the Dark Souls page on Facebook, haven't checked it out myself but it could be something fun to do!

Link to FP post -https://www.facebook.com/darksouls/photos/a.123871221019264.23050.119869331419453/760728624000184/?type=1&theater

Link to game - http://chromachine.com/bloodbook/

J_E wrote: »
    Not really sequential - I found Iron King and Sunken King to be the most enjoyable ones. Generally speaking they have great environments and new items, bosses more of an afterthought (Iron King final battle is very epic though)

Cheers - just downloaded Sunken King - will give it a runaround tonight...

• Advertisement

I'm having an odd issue. I've downloaded sunken king addon from xbox live. But my 360 profile for dark souls 2 is not my live profile. (I was playing ds2 offline.)

Anyway. The dlc does not appear on my games list in xbox - just in downloaded games history. When I choose to play game it tells me to play relevant game disc. When I loaf ds2 game - the dlc does not load - just the main game. My save game is on my HD but the dlc is not loading or playable.

Any ideas?!

Advertisement