Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

This is an insane video. Dark Souls II beaten in under an hour.

Watched a good bit if it, your man is so lax, he just gets on with it, insane.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-12-watch-dark-souls-2-beaten-in-under-an-hour-without-glitches

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Also, if I download the DLC games now from Xbox live, will my current profile (including all stats and equipment) be available for this game?

Thanks
    I'm having an odd issue. I've downloaded sunken king addon from xbox live. But my 360 profile for dark souls 2 is not my live profile. (I was playing ds2 offline.)

Anyway. The dlc does not appear on my games list in xbox - just in downloaded games history. When I choose to play game it tells me to play relevant game disc. When I loaf ds2 game - the dlc does not load - just the main game. My save game is on my HD but the dlc is not loading or playable.

Any ideas?!

Why do you have two profiles? You could have disconnected your Xbox from Live and played offline with your live profile. I am not sure if you can combine the two accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

logik wrote: »
    This is an insane video. Dark Souls II beaten in under an hour.

Watched a good bit if it, your man is so lax, he just gets on with it, insane.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-12-watch-dark-souls-2-beaten-in-under-an-hour-without-glitches

Under 20 minutes with glitches has been done by noobest. Glitchless though I prefer.
    Here's a direct link to the youtube vid rather than the eurogamer link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCfMEomeHmQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Why do you have two profiles? You could have disconnected your Xbox from Live and played offline with your live profile. I am not sure if you can combine the two accounts.

My Gold profile became corrupt so I played DS2 offline in another profile. But I've now got the problem that my save is on a another profile so the DLC's won;t carry my save game. I've fixed the gold profile but the save game is on another profile within the 360 panel.

I'm going to call Xbox support today to resolve.

As a matter of interest, how do you 360 guys play the DLC's? (with original game disc) after download of DLC on Live Gold, does the DLC appear in 'My Games'? - Its only appearing in my 'download history' and when I hit 'play' I get a message "To use this game, play the game it was downloaded for" - I'm completely baffled!

Edit above post - Only found out now that the DLCs are hidden in the main game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

My Gold profile became corrupt so I played DS2 offline in another profile. But I've now got the problem that my save is on a another profile so the DLC's won;t carry my save game. I've fixed the gold profile but the save game is on another profile within the 360 panel.

I'm going to call Xbox support today to resolve.

As a matter of interest, how do you 360 guys play the DLC's? (with original game disc) after download of DLC on Live Gold, does the DLC appear in 'My Games'? - Its only appearing in my 'download history' and when I hit 'play' I get a message "To use this game, play the game it was downloaded for" - I'm completely baffled!

You cannot play the DLC separately. You play the game and when you go to a certain place i.e. the DLC entrance in the game, something different will happen. You may get a message on the screen when you load up stating that a ring/item is in your inventory with a message of the DLC location.

hadoken13 wrote: »
    You cannot play the DLC separately. You play the game and when you go to a certain place i.e. the DLC entrance in the game, something different will happen. You may get a message on the screen when you load up stating that a ring/item is in your inventory with a message of the DLC location.

OK Thanks - Already started sunken king... Looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭janiejones

I’ve never played a Dark Souls game, I’ve heard it’s ridiculous tough. I’ve cleared Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim. Loved them. Is Dark Souls a similar style? Why is it so difficult, is there no save function or only save at specific locations? I’ve heard dark souls 2 is easier because if you kill a guy 5 times they don’t respawn after you’ve died

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

janiejones wrote: »
    I’ve never played a Dark Souls game, I’ve heard it’s ridiculous tough. I’ve cleared Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim. Loved them. Is Dark Souls a similar style? Why is it so difficult, is there no save function or only save at specific locations? I’ve heard dark souls 2 is easier because if you kill a guy 5 times they don’t respawn after you’ve died

Change your armour to leather, your weapon to iron whatever, level up only stuff you won't use when fighting ie. speechcraft and then its kinda in the same difficulty level when youve maxed the level. Even then though...

Closest game to it is probably ocarina of time masterquest edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭janiejones

oh yeah? I loved Ocarina of time, never played master quest version though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

The souls games are not hard, they only require patience and some thought, running and hacking at an enemy wont work for these games. A strategy is needed for each opponent (or the boring way, spamming arrows from afar)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

In Dark Souls you just can't tear around levels being fairly confident you'll be able to take whatever the game throws at you. It's "difficult" in terms of you'll need patience, a different strategy and a good amount of practice for most situations you encounter. It saves constantly so you're never left needing to retrace huge chunks of the game, it's just that when you die you're sent back to the previous checkpoint (bonfire) you activated.
    It's also not really like Skyrim as that game had a large emphasis on exploration and story but Dark Souls is much more heavily about combat and tinkering with weapons, armour, character stats etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

oh yeah? I loved Ocarina of time, never played master quest version though

Its an eyeopener for the first hour or two how easy they made the game originally.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sooo, this is going to be released on next gen next year and it will be bundled with all the DLC along with some new extra content (that can also be downloaded as DLC for older versions it seems): http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/25/dark-souls-ii-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-next-year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sooo, this is going to be released on next gen next year and it will be bundled with all the DLC along with some new extra content (that can also be downloaded as DLC for older versions it seems): http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/25/dark-souls-ii-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-next-year

Yeah was reading about this alright on Eurogamer but I am not sure if I will bite. Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favourite games and I loved it, but it is a last gen game ported to the next gen market. I have already played the game and finished it a number of times so I can't see myself paying 60-65 for it just so I can play it again on the XO. Hell, I still have it for the 360.

There are just to many games coming out next year that I am looking forward to. They are releasing Bloodborne next year for the PS4 which is along the same lines as Dark Souls 2.

Dark Souls 2... Amazing game, but no thanks, been there, done that. They would have been better putting the money on remastering it into Dark Souls 3 and gives us something to be properly excited about.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I still didn't buy the DLC but I'll probably just get that on 360 and play over the christmas so I'm pretty much the same as yourself I reckon. Now if the game ends up looking like what we were showed at E3 then maaaaybe I'll bite but going by the screenshots they've released so far it doesn't look much better than the 360 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not sure I have it in me to do it again , if they said they were releasing Dark Souls 1 id be all over it !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Basically your guy in Dark Souls is as frail as a real life human. Even when you're level 58, you can get cornered and stabbed to death pretty easily by the game's weakest enemies.
    You cant charge in and start swinging like you can in Skyrim, you need to make sure you don't expose yourself to any hit.
    You can't pause and when you bring up a menu the game keeps going. If you want to heal or change equipment, you have to do it in real time and enemies are smart enough to charge you the second you try to heal.

In DS1, enemies respawn forever, in DS2 if you kill them 10 times they don't come back, but every time you die your health bar gets shorter.

Keep in mind you're supposed to die. The game mechanics (and plot) are built around the fact that you will die over and over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

calex71 wrote: »
    Not sure I have it in me to do it again , if they said they were releasing Dark Souls 1 id be all over it !!!!

I actually would.

Despite spending 150-200 hours on it and platinuming it.

Sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would be seriously tempted by this. Haven't played any of the DLC myself.

If it's running at 60fps and you can transfer your save file I'd get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

tok9 wrote: »
    I would be seriously tempted by this. Haven't played any of the DLC myself.

If it's running at 60fps and you can transfer your save file I'd get it.

Ya it would need to be 60fps on the PS4 to make it worth the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

Mickeroo wrote: »

Sounds good, haven't got DS2 yet - I was going to get the PS3 version but now the new PC version is looking like the better choice. (I don't have a next gen console yet.)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

acb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Been playing the next gen version since 24/04/13

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Been playing the next gen version since 24/04/13

PC NERD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wouldn't mind playing through it again and if it was 1080p60 it'd be a near certainty for me to buy. But...

I should be playing Bloodborne at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ya it would need to be 60fps on the PS4 to make it worth the purchase.

Ironically, 60 FPS in Dark Souls 2 isn't the grand icing on the cake it should be. Because FromSoftware were primarily a console developer with hardware locked at 30 FPS, they didn't anticipate how increased frames could affect the game with future hardware.

For example, 60 FPS on DS2 PC affects the following:
    - Agility/Invincibility frames isn't as useful
    - Some of the enemies speeds are based on frames. For example the Alonne Knights. On 60FPS they have increased attack and charge speed compared to 30 FPS.
    - Item durability is based on frames. So weapon conditions degrade twice as fast on 60FPS.

It's not game breaking at all, in a way it makes the game more challenging. Probably most frustrating is the item degredation, it makes weapons like the Old Whip break in no time and therefore useless. They haven't been able to fix it on PC so I assume these won't be fixed on PS4/Xbone when it gets released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's more bad coding than anything. Not sure why anyone would tie anything to refresh rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's more bad coding than anything. Not sure why anyone would tie anything to refresh rate?

You'd have to ask FromSoftware I guess. I'v seen videos online with some folks explaining how the refresh rate ties into the weapon degredation. It's very noticeable though on certain weapons, the whips especially, Halberds, pickaxe etc.

It's been raised quite loudly by PC users for FromSoftware to fix it but as far as I know it's something that probably won't be fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Killed Nashandra and I'm trying to get Sunlight Spear. If I hand over my sunbro medals at the altar and then go into a NG, does the Covenant rank reset and does it remember how many medals I handed over?

Like, if I give 29 medals and go into NG, do I just need one more medal in the next game to get Sunlight Spear?

Getting bored grinding for medals

Advertisement