Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Really want to get back into playing either Dark Souls 1 or 2 but my problem is I got close to the end of both but never actually finished so I'd be dropping myself right in at the deepest of ends having not played since around April or so. Actually in Dark Souls 1 I'm just at Ornstein and Smough but stopped playing as DS2 came out just at that time, and in DS2 I'm just after going through some tree where there's chaos and war all around me and some boss who I don't think I ever even got a hit on. The thoughts of jumping back in at those points...!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Really want to get back into playing either Dark Souls 1 or 2 but my problem is I got close to the end of both but never actually finished so I'd be dropping myself right in at the deepest of ends having not played since around April or so. Actually in Dark Souls 1 I'm just at Ornstein and Smough but stopped playing as DS2 came out just at that time, and in DS2 I'm just after going through some tree where there's chaos and war all around me and some boss who I don't think I ever even got a hit on. The thoughts of jumping back in at those points...!

For the first game, fighting Silver Knights in Anor Londo gets you into the groove quickly! As for the second, the Iron Keep is full of fast, hard hitting enemies to practise on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You're really near the end in DS2!

J_E wrote: »
    You're really near the end in DS2!
    I guess I should go and finish that one off first so. Might be a good way to get myself going for a run at NG+ too.
    For the first game, fighting Silver Knights in Anor Londo gets you into the groove quickly! As for the second, the Iron Keep is full of fast, hard hitting enemies to practise on!

Were the silver knights the big bastard things right beside the fog gate to O+S? I was thinking a few rounds with them would be a decent way of getting back into it. That being said it probably wouldn't take too much to remember everything, I had to abandon the game for a few months another time due to work and college around the time I was struggling with Sif. Took a day or two after picking it back up but I swear killing Sif was the biggest feeling of relief and triumph I've had in a game since trying to get those licences in the first Gran Turismo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The Smeltor Demon was the bane of my existence for a while. Once you got the better of him there was nothing better than SunBro-ing it up and helping people take him down. Sunlight Spear domination :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I'm pushing about 40 million SM now. Where's the best place to put down my marker for Sunbro-ing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

New patch coming to prepare for the new DLC

Wow - huge changes including the ability to banish invaders, blue or red.

New DLC.

Many places still active on this during a first playthrough does anyone know? I'm 2.7m soul memory and Lv 149

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

So very upset. Sold off a whole bunch of stuff. Had around 20,000 souls, enough for around 3 lvls. I died while having a look around no mans warf. While going back to retrieve my souls I did the most stupid thing and ran off the fecking edge and drowned. So thats enough dark souls 2 for today haha

Many places still active on this during a first playthrough does anyone know? I'm 2.7m soul memory and Lv 149
    Iron Keep always a hot spot. Popular co-op areas are Covetous Demon and Mirror Knight.

• Advertisement

Just finished the game there. Am I right in thinking I should download and play the DLC before moving on to NG+? I read that to access the new areas you need to be well into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

hadoken13 wrote: »
    New patch coming to prepare for the new DLC

Wow - huge changes including the ability to banish invaders, blue or red.

New DLC.

New DLC :eek:

I have the season pass for PC. I'm to lazy to read through that, do i get this for free since there is no new content in it?

Just finished the game there. Am I right in thinking I should download and play the DLC before moving on to NG+? I read that to access the new areas you need to be well into the game.

Yeah, you unlock the areas after beating the Old Iron King, the Rotten, and then the last one is in the Shrine of Winter. I wouldn't like to face it NG+ for my first run :O

Just launched into the first DLC there. Yeah... Bit of a step up compared to the ease at which I was running round the place towards the end of the standard game. My all out int/faith (55 stat in each) build may come back to haunt me here as I've pretty much no defence.

Just launched into the first DLC there. Yeah... Bit of a step up compared to the ease at which I was running round the place towards the end of the standard game. My all out int/faith (55 stat in each) build may come back to haunt me here as I've pretty much no defence.

Defense is for pussies. Don't get hit = job done.

Dark Orb/Great Resonant Soul/Great Lightning Spear

not%20GMO%20vegan%20cheese%20but%20could%20you%20tell%20anyway.jpg

Dark Orb/Great Resonant Soul/Great Lightning Spear

not%20GMO%20vegan%20cheese%20but%20could%20you%20tell%20anyway.jpg

You best believe I'm stocked up on those spells. Sunlight spear too. And +5 dark sunset staff and +10 lightning archdrake chime. Also have a +10 magic black witches staff for when the other two are on the verge of breaking. Could really do with more wilted dusk herbs though. On the longer treks into Dragon Sanctum I start to run out of spells a bit. Those ghost knights can soak up quite a bit of damage.

You best believe I'm stocked up on those spells. Sunlight spear too. And +5 dark sunset staff and +10 lightning archdrake chime. Also have a +10 magic black witches staff for when the other two are on the verge of breaking. Could really do with more wilted dusk herbs though. On the longer treks into Dragon Sanctum I start to run out of spells a bit. Those ghost knights can soak up quite a bit of damage.

A dark infused longsword is easy to add to a mage, does decent damage to pretty much everything and its not heavy, so its useful for conserving spells. Once you've explored the Sanctum fully I'd recommend using a Homeward Bone and then just legging it as far as the boss, no need for a battle with the Blood Knights

Might give that longsword a go when I get back to the PS3 tomorrow so. Is there much to see in the Dragon's Sanctum? I'm down where all the spiked floors are tempting me with their items. I did a bit of Sunbroing at the first bonfire a few times and know I need to find some way to unlock a shortcut that also leads to an illusory wall bonfire down in the depths.

In Black Gulch, made it possible to receive Forgotten Key after defeating a Giant when the player has 99 Souls of a Giant.

That's what, 200 playthroughs to get that legit? Screw the hackers, should be blocking their accounts instead

EDIT: I suppose you could ascetic the ancient dragon 90+ times to get that.

• Advertisement

Might give that longsword a go when I get back to the PS3 tomorrow so. Is there much to see in the Dragon's Sanctum? I'm down where all the spiked floors are tempting me with their items. I did a bit of Sunbroing at the first bonfire a few times and know I need to find some way to unlock a shortcut that also leads to an illusory wall bonfire down in the depths.
    You need to explore the room a bit, you can turn off the spikes. There are a few good items if you can figure out the block puzzles and explore the stairs on the upper area of the large spiked room.

That's what, 200 playthroughs to get that legit? Screw the hackers, should be blocking their accounts instead

EDIT: I suppose you could ascetic the ancient dragon 90+ times to get that.

What's the Forgotten key do anyway?

hadoken13 wrote: »
    What's the Forgotten key do anyway?

It opens the door to get Havels Set and one of the dark portal things

It opens the door to get Havels Set and one of the dark portal things

Are you sure? Can you not get the set and access to the dark portals without 99 souls of a giant?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I stopped playing this about a year ago and decided to fire it up again last night. I'm fairly lost as to where i should go to next and thought If I post what bonfires i have lit and what souls i have that maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Things Betwixt
    Forest of fallen giants 3 bonfires lit
    Heides tower of flame 2 bonfires lit
    No mans Wharf 1 bonfires lit
    The lost Bastille 3 bonfires lit
    Sinners Rise 1 bonfire lit
    Shaded Woods 3 Bonfires Lit
    Doors of Pharros 2 Bonfires lit
    Brightstone cove Tseldora

Souls
    Soul of the last giant
    Dragonrider soul
    Flexile Sentry soul
    Ruin Sentinel soul
    Soul of the lost sinner
    Scorpioness Najka Soul

And Soul of the Duke's Dear Freja which i got just last night because thats the area i spawned into so just continued through it.

Where to next?

Thanks.

Get naked and boost your health, jump down the hole in Majula.

That or go see Lucia of Lindelt in Majula with 2000 souls. She is down an archway near the cat, you've already gone down to reach Heides Tower. Get her to move the path and follow it

Why get naked to jump down the hole I've put the silvercat ring on but still die. Surely I'd be better off with armor on?

Oh I just made it to the first platform..... wish me luck

weiland79 wrote: »
    Why get naked to jump down the hole I've put the silvercat ring on but still die. Surely I'd be better off with armor on?

A lighter percentage ups the distance you can fall. Its not very much but it can mean making it or not

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »
    Oh I just made it to the first platform..... wish me luck
    You might need to boost your health/have many lifegems to get down successfully. It doesn't take a lot more than the default health. Rolling helps.

Advertisement