Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Forcing myself to not play DS again until I atleast finish the second game... I want to be rusty and scared and sh1t when I go in...

Has to be the only game series people want hardship in

super-meat-boy-20090916044708554_640w.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Booked Friday and Monday off next week, to get really stuck into this. Can't bloody wait.

Anyone know if games unlock at midnight if you pre-load them on PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Kiith wrote: »
    Booked Friday and Monday off next week, to get really stuck into this. Can't bloody wait.

Anyone know if games unlock at midnight if you pre-load them on PSN?

But it's not out till the following Friday (14th)...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Deano7788 wrote: »
    But it's not out till the following Friday (14th)...

When someone says "next" to me, I usually take it to mean they do not mean the Friday coming, it is the next one after it.

there was a thread on after hours about this recently

if I remember correctly the general consensus was that you're wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

noodler wrote: »
    When someone says "next" to me, I usually take it to mean they do not mean the Friday coming, it is the next one after it.

It was the Monday next week part that made me think it, seeing as how the following Monday is a holiday anyway.

there was a thread on after hours about this recently

if I remember correctly the general consensus was that you're wrong

So, if I tell you that we should meet up next Friday? You wouldn't really think I mean this Friday?

It was the Monday next week part that made me think it, seeing as how the following Monday is a holiday anyway.

Good point. Would be strange if he had to take the 17th off/

yes, the friday that is coming up next

if you said it on a wednesday or thursday i'd ask you to clarify just to be sure but since today is a monday, next friday is definitely the friday coming next

yes, the friday that is coming up next

if you said it on a wednesday or thursday i'd ask you to clarify just to be sure but since today is a monday, next friday is definitely the friday coming next

Not to me!

Not ever!

Thats what "this" Friday is for!

• Advertisement

ILL BASH YE FOOKIN ED IN
    I SWARE ON ME MUM

Oh crap, forgot it was Paddy's day. Better remove that day from the holiday system.

Ugh, drunk / hungover Dark Souls 2? I'm gonna be mad :pac:

I'd have to agree with noodler on this one though....even if it is technically wrong. Next whatever day is always the one after to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have the 17th off and was gonna book off the 14th for the long weekend, forgot DS2 is out the 14th, nice!

No point in taking 14th off for me as PM are unlikely to get it to me until late Friday or early Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Just bought the Collectors Edition. 96€ from amazon. Was searching for the last 2 weeks for it. Finally popped up in stock on ps3 just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It does not looks like I will have my Black Armour Edition now till the 18th, another good reason to take the day off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What about the PC master race version? Any clear idea when that's out?

What about the PC master race version? Any clear idea when that's out?
    "We haven't announced a PC release date yet," says Bandai Namco, despite the date popping up on its own marketing materials.

As it stands we do not know, the April 25th date has been officially denied.

Xenji wrote: »
    It does not looks like I will have my Black Armour Edition now till the 18th, another good reason to take the day off work.

Where you ordering from?

Would ParcelMotel help?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xenji wrote: »
    As it stands we do not know, the April 25th date has been officially denied.

I really hope it's,not going to be even later date...

I will wait until it's launched and then I might pick it up for ps3 in brick and mortar depending on price.
    If pc date only week or two later, then I am waiting for pc version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

IGN have a 'Making Of' vid up on their site with a 2nd part coming today. Looks so class, I cannot wait to play it. Even though they are making it more 'acessible' by explaining game mechanics, they say you will still start the game with no idea what to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If anyone's interested here's the character select menu music and the Majula theme, which is apparently the DS2 equivalent of Firelink Shrine, they're both gorgeous pieces of music, really can't wait to hear the soundtrack blaring during boss fights too.

noodler wrote: »
    Where you ordering from?

Would ParcelMotel help?

From Amazon, made the mistake of hitting SuperSaver delivery back in September, I could change the delivery but it actually suits me to get it a few days later, will be able to get a better run at it and a few more days off work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Good to see Motoi Sakuraba back as a composer. Sometimes that guy can phone it in but when he's good, he's amazing. Luckily Dark Souls was one of his soundtracks he cared about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

We all forget about the music! Very much looking forward to the OST. I feel the music has a bigger impact in this series because the game has no BGM outside of 2 areas and boss fights. Apart from the fact its heart pounding, soul crushing, dread inducing ear sex.

Gwyn's theme is easily in my top 5 of best videogame songs of all time, ever

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

We all forget about the music! Very much looking forward to the OST. I feel the music has a bigger impact in this series because the game has no BGM outside of 2 areas and boss fights. Apart from the fact its heart pounding, soul crushing, dread inducing ear sex.

The lack of music is implemented really well, how much of a relief is it to hear the Firelink theme when you make it back there from Undead Parish for the first time, or after a rough section to just get there and take a time out. Gwyn's theme is great, love Ornstein and Smough's the most, Four Kings is class, Artorias' theme is beautifully melacholy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

My favourites from the original game are study/reading background noise. They're amazing

I hope DSII only has boss music, like the last one. Other games feel very loud and noisy since I've played DS.

And the credits

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

My favourites from the original game are study/reading background noise. They're amazing

I hope DSII only has boss music, like the last one. Other games feel very loud and noisy since I've played DS.

And the credits song is clearly better than Gwyn's... I ;)

Is there really no music bar boss fights or Firelink? Bloody hell, i don't think i'd ever noticed that before. Obviously, i know the boss fight music as it always bring on a sense of dread, but i always thought there was music in some other places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there really no music bar boss fights or Firelink? Bloody hell, i don't think i'd ever noticed that before. Obviously, i know the boss fight music as it always bring on a sense of dread, but i always thought there was music in some other places.

ha can't say I noticed that either :D

Advertisement