Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

noodler wrote: »
    Everyone of Singh's moves seems to one shot me. When he flies over me, he always seems to catch me.

This is awful.
    The co-op summons are killer and can usually beat him by themselves. It's not too bad when you figure out his pattern of moves but you must not get attacked by his claws/tail or you'll be destroyed pretty fast. It's best to bait a forward fire breath when he's on the ground. Just avoid him in general when he's flying but keep an eye on where he's going to fly as you want to predict where he's going to land.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

J_E wrote: »
    The co-op summons are killer and can usually beat him by themselves. It's not too bad when you figure out his pattern of moves but you must not get attacked by his claws/tail or you'll be destroyed pretty fast. It's best to bait a forward fire breath when he's on the ground. Just avoid him in general when he's flying but keep an eye on where he's going to fly as you want to predict where he's going to land.

Had a go with the two NPCs.

They had great health but just not doing enough damage. Horrible fight. Really lazy stuff.

I'll have to find another decent Dec weapon, the Ricards rapier has an awful hit box and my raw axe ain't playing to my strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone recommend a good dex weapon this late in the game?

Better than :
    Richard rapier +10 (lightning)
    Dragon slayer axe +5 (raw but also has lightning)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Better than :

Black steel Katana, farm from Knights in Iron Keep
    Poison infused manslayer from Shrine of Amana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Better than :
    You need 30 strength, but the Curved Dragon Greatsword is everything in terms of damage. Also a fan of the Drakeblood Greatsword, but it really depends on your playing style. For a long time I was using the Warped Sword because I liked how it played for speed Sanctum Mace is another hugely powerful weapon but it is a gamble to use and you really need high poison resist to use it effectively.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Black steel Katana, farm from Knights in Iron Keep
    Poison infused manslayer from Shrine of Amana

Poison infused manslayer is great in PvP, I managed to beat a fair few level 500+ dual avalyn wielding fast rolling havel mages with my level 150 swordsman thanks to it. My actual hits would do hardly any damage but the panic that would set in once the poison took effect used to be hilarious, most would try run away and heal which would result in a swift forbidden sun to finish them off. The hate mail :D

Blacksteel katana was my go to PvE weapon if I remeber correctly.

Power Stancing a BlackSteel and Manslayer, both poison was wonderful in PvP.

Though poison whips were a true scumbags game

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Power Stancing a BlackSteel and Manslayer, both poison was wonderful in PvP.

Though poison whips were a true scumbags game

I never had much joy with the whips and found them easy enough to fight against if you were just aggressive and stayed on top of them.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I never had much joy with the whips and found them easy enough to fight against if you were just aggressive and stayed on top of them.

I've never used them, but never came up with a solid strategy against them. I normally used 30% weight characters so I got stunlocked quite easily by them

Real shame there's no carry over for saves for the new version of the game, would love to get back into PvP on the Xbox One but don't feel like getting a whole new character back to where I was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Just cleared bloodborne so I'm thinking of getting this game.

I've never played the other dark souls game before only bloodborne which I was terrible at at the start but got better in the end and loved the game.

Would this be up there with bloodborne or is that a much better game?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dark Souls 2 is a great game but it's no Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 1 on the other hand, best game of last generation hands down.

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Just cleared bloodborne so I'm thinking of getting this game.

I've never played the other dark souls game before only bloodborne which I was terrible at at the start but got better in the end and loved the game.

Would this be up there with bloodborne or is that a much better game?

Thanks

Bloodborne is better. I'd say the community is fairly active with the new Scholar of the First Sin release, so this mightn't be too bad to dive into.

Most people will recommend you get Dark Souls 1 or Demons Souls before this, but as they're only on Last Gen you probably haven't a choice.

All in all Dark 2 is a wonderful game for all the stick it gets, I finished it 10 goddamn times. Definitely worth picking up to try atleast

Cheers lads yes I don't have a last gen console so can't get Dark Souls or Demon Souls so this is my only option and I really want to play another game like Bloodborne I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I think I almost preferred DS2...probably because it was slightly more straight forward as well as having awesome PVP, though the design of DS1 is obviously pretty unbeatable :P

Bought the game only 45 euro in argos girlfriend is collecting it for me at 1 I'm hoping I don't get addicted to it like bloodborne ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I find dark fog is the best poison method, quick casting, area of effect, most people just roll away expecting dark orb and get caught in the cloud

Great game loving it so far.

Very happy the controls are the same as Bloodborne has made it a lot easier for me to get used to it.

Very happy the controls are the same as Bloodborne has made it a lot easier for me to get used to it.

Have you a shield, or do you play like a man? (Two weapons)

Have you a shield, or do you play like a man? (Two weapons)

I have a shield but I don't use it too used to playing with bloodborne so I don't even think to use it so I go on the offensive with the bastard sword.

Just realised your health goes down a bit everytime you die and that weapons can break easily and their is some big bloke in the forest with a sword and a shield that is mauling me everytime I get up there. This game is going to be a challenge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I have a shield but I don't use it too used to playing with bloodborne so I don't even think to use it so I go on the offensive with the bastard sword.

Just realised your health goes down a bit everytime you die and that weapons can break easily and their is some big bloke in the forest with a sword and a shield that is mauling me everytime I get up there. This game is going to be a challenge!

Warning... Warning... rage inducing moments will follow! :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

false sense of security ahead.

false sense of security ahead.

I regretted that comment about twenty minutes later when I was mauled to death ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I'm currently playing about 5 games one of them being Bloodborne, but i have an overwhelming urge to get this again and do a Company of Champions run. For anyone who has played the original and this re-release, how much does the new placements affect the difficulty? And how much do the new weapon placements mix the game up? Looking at this from a PvE point of view only. Not interested in doing PvP for this game again

And this is where I give up ha.

Great game but it's just no fun doing the same area non-stop and dying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

And this is where I give up ha.

Great game but it's just no fun doing the same area non-stop and dying.

Where?
    We can help.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Where?
    We can help.

The Forest of the Fallen Giants.

In Bloodborne when I started I felt I was getting better even though I was dying in this I feel I'm getting worst so that's what's frustrating me.

Is it a boss giving you trouble?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it a boss giving you trouble?

Sadly not I'm getting killed just after leaving the bonfire in that area ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big difference from Dark Souls to BB is that in most cases you have to fight defensively in Dark Souls. Backing up and not depleting you're stamina rolling around all over the place, unlike BB. Also getting your hands on a bow and some arrows for pulling individual enemies will help you alot. In BB you can in most cases walk into areas, dash all over the place and cleave through 6+ enemies at a time.

Just gotta take it slow or slower than BB. That's the best advice to be honest. Also the dodge/roll is not nearly as good in Dark Souls as it is in BB, so maybe running with a shield for the start of the game would be a good idea till you get the timing down

Advertisement