Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

_Puma_ wrote: »
    At what stage of the main game did you start the DLC? Im just at Dragon Eerie now and wondering should I back track and start the DLC. SL128

I did it after beating the main game but didnt proceed to NG+. Think I was SL110 when I started the Sunken King.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

I'm playing through the DLC sections in DS2 (Scholar of the First Sin edition) and there are loads of summons signs.
    I've only been invaded a handful of times though.

Whats ur SM ? I'm up around 5Mill (prolly why I see nout lol)

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    Whats ur SM ? I'm up around 5Mill (prolly why I see nout lol)

That could be it alright. I'm either mid 2 mil or 3 mil. Cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

5 million isn't very high, 15 mil is the top tier and reached fairly quickly if you play PvP often

Probably not a whole pile of people playing SOTFS atm anyways

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

nearly 5000 concurrents at peak today

on pc at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I'd say most people playing are well over the 15M mark for SM. I know I'm about 45 million

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ah Jesus lads, shrine of amana...

sweetie wrote: »

Shrine of Banter more like, love that place!

Get a bow or binoculars and Soul Arrow. Or just feckin leg it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Believe it or not it's much easier now than it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I picked this up last week during the PS Store sale and just saw the credits this evening. It seems a lot easier than DeS and DaS or maybe I'm just over-levelled. I was SL 150ish when I beat the last boss in my world.

• Advertisement

DeS is by miles the hardest of the three IMO

DkS is easiest IMO, O&S are the only tough boss after you've experience with it.

If you're good at Souls and playing away then its only a 30 hour game, were you much over that?

Your SL is fairly high now, think mine was 112 on my first run, normally ends up about 70-80 now

If you're good at Souls and playing away then its only a 30 hour game, were you much over that?
    I'm at 70+ hours now, I think I left it on overnight once. I spent a lot of time sunbroing outside the first bonfire in Drangleic too, 3 medals to go. You'd be surprised how many summoners die
    when Nashandra or Aldia show up after the Throne Watcher & Defender

Get a bow or binoculars and Soul Arrow. Or just feckin leg it.

It wasn't too bad once I figured out the cleric dudes, winged spear ftw! Boss seems easy enough too

youtube.com/watch?v=oJknGGCaAg0

pretty interesting video here on the problems with ds2 compared to ds1 and how the troubled development of the game influenced them. i've only played about 15 hours of scholar of the first sin since it was released, after several hundred hours into ds2 (and the same in 1) and I could never figure out what it was that kept me away. this video helped me see what was pissing me off, i actually kinda feel like playing sofs now...it was quite cathartic :)

obviously wouldn't recommend watching until you've finished the game.

DS 2 has its faults but it's still one of the best games available on the PS4.
    I really wish they remastered DS 1 as I've started back on that recently and I really hate the PS3 controller now.

You can use a DS4 on a PS3. How to guide.

so i decided to give scholar another try and i'm having the weirdest bug

whenever i log onto an enemy and there's another enemy in my field of vision, the target just keeps switching so my character is aiming at one enemy then 1 second later the other. even if I run away or do anything else, so long as i am targeted on an enemy it just auto switches to the next one every second.

anyone come across this before? google wasn't much help

using an xbox controller on windows

/////

ah, i think it had to do with my absentmindedly running gedosato before i opened scholar

So I've nashandra, vendrick, smelter, dragon and darklurker yet to kill and as I want to solo them I've started the dlc to keep me going. Finding them all pretty tough. The tower is cool but past the second bonfire I get overwhelmed and then I tried the sunken king and eventually speedran to the dragon's sanctum place but couldn't find a bonfire and died. Found meself a nice longbow + 7 though! The mobs in the ice place are feckers too! What was people's thoughts on the dlc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I genuinely think the sunken king dlc is one of the best levels of the dark souls games. Extremely well laid out and almost brought me back to the feeling of doing the undead burg for the first time as it took me so long to get to the second bonfire.

the dlcs are incredibly well designed but the enemies can be a bit....poisy

maybe i just had the wrong weapons but it seems bloody impossible to stagger most of them, the design philosophy seemed to be add hp + embedded wolf ring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yeah I enjoyed all of the DLC's - of course there are 1-2 bosses that just feel like a reskin but they also have some of the best bosses in the game.

Finished ivory king today, really good.

Fume knight is rock hard even with summons...

****ing Fume Knight. I've been summoning the same player phantom for the last few tries and in the last I died just before she struck the final blow.

Evade wrote: »
    ****ing Fume Knight. I've been summoning the same player phantom for the last few tries and in the last I died just before she struck the final blow.

yeah he's a bastid! Very few summons around for him. Did you bring Ellie as well or is it better with a real player? Getting to the smelter demon is a hoot too.

yeah he's a bastid! Very few summons around for him. Did you bring Ellie as well or is it better with a real player? Getting to the smelter demon is a hoot too.

Ellie is pure ****e, you're better off trying to solo than use her in the base game. Maybe different in SOTFS.

Ellie is pure ****e, you're better off trying to solo than use her in the base game. Maybe different in SOTFS.

yeah I figured that. Basically pumps his hp up by a third! No way in hell I'll solo Fume!

SOFTS is the same, the AI summons die too easily against the Fume Knight and you're left soloing a beefed up enemy. Even a bad player summon can at least take the pressure of you long enough to heal.

On to Sir Alonne next.

Smelter is easy if you can use the gyrm greatshield.

Finally managed the Fume Knight. With a decent summoned partner and some patience and baiting his massive attack and rolling away rather than running like a headless chicken when he switched his attention to me. I tried Vendrick a few times but I still only have 4 giant souls even though I ascetic'ed the bonfire in black gulch. Can't be arsed with the trek to the ancient dragon and the iron passage and cave of the dead have practically zero real summons available. Think i'll try Sir Alonne tonight and be done with this game for a while.

Finally managed the Fume Knight. With a decent summoned partner and some patience and baiting his massive attack and rolling away rather than running like a headless chicken when he switched his attention to me. I tried Vendrick a few times but I still only have 4 giant souls even though I ascetic'ed the bonfire in black gulch. Can't be arsed with the trek to the ancient dragon and the iron passage and cave of the dead have practically zero real summons available. Think i'll try Sir Alonne tonight and be done with this game for a while.
    Vendrick is very do-able with 4 giant souls, I don't think I've ever had 5 going up against him. I think he's easier with 4 giant souls than the Ancient Dragon. Anti-clockwise circling dodges most of his attacks.

If you want a tip for Allone he's very resistant to
    slashing attacks. You'll need a thrust or strike weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Vendrick is simple enough, just tedious to whittle down without the souls. He'll pretty much one-hit you regardless of defence or level, so once you learn to dodge his (incredibly obvious) attacks, you're sorted.

The only difficulty is getting caught off guard when he jumps backwards and not being able to get behind him again before he does the sweeping attack

Advertisement