Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Have a soft spot for S&O, Gaping Dragon and Nito themes myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »
    Have a soft spot for S&O, Gaping Dragon and Nito themes myself.

I don't have a soft spot for anything ornstein and smough related :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

chickenboy wrote: »

I could watch Peter play and talk about Dark Souls all day! He plays a character called Pate in DS2 but I found out yesterday he also does all the grunts and noises from the male character :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there really no music bar boss fights or Firelink? Bloody hell, i don't think i'd ever noticed that before. Obviously, i know the boss fight music as it always bring on a sense of dread, but i always thought there was music in some other places.

Ash Lake has music alright, does the Crystal Cave? I think it does can't remember though, aside from that it's boss areas and Firelink

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Crystal Cave definitely doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

krudler wrote: »
    Ash Lake has music alright, does the Crystal Cave? I think it does can't remember though, aside from that it's boss areas and Firelink

When you meet b00bs mcgee in Anor Londo, there's definitely an angelic hum in the background.

That's just the sound of the wind blowing over those mountains :pac:

"amazing chest ahead"

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

I just guffawed loudly on a bus reading that! Morto!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Must be some interest in this, Gamestop have some stores doing a mid-night opening.

calex71 wrote: »
    Must be some interest in this, Gamestop have some stores doing a mid-night opening.

Really? jesus wouldn't have thought it was anywhere near as big as that. Have seen far more popular franchises go without midnight openings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

No way. :eek:

I'm not on-the-ball as far as midnight openings go - outside of GTA and COD what other games usually warrant them?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Maybe its more due to Titanfall then Dark Souls? 59.99eu though... **** this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Maybe its more due to Titanfall then Dark Souls?
    Yeah, that makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Would definitely go to a midnight opening to pick it up, but wouldn't it be weird being that one guy there for Dark Souls :D I have about 10 games i want to trade in for Dark Souls so i think ill leave it till Friday....9am sharp :)

I just visited Dark Souls 2 forums on gamefaqs and spoiled myself alittle :mad: and now i hate myself for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So the best price is still 37£ on amazon? I am waiting to see if PC version will be announced.

What about extravision? Are they doing samestop on us with 59.99eu?

Gamefaqs have some amount of absolute dopes there. Used to be my favorite gaming forum years ago but spoiled way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I'm watching a stream now :( Although he is in the starting area that have been in like every gameplay video released. Time to destroy my router

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I have a course I go to every 3 or so weeks, And next Friday is one of those days. I have course work to hand in and a bit of an exam. I usually do all this Thursday night. Shame cause I would have got in Thursday night if my local gamestop were opening.

• Advertisement

I saw the list of starting items, some very interesting ones that you wouldn't have a clue what they do, think I'll pick one of them. I'm avoiding any vids about the tutorial, want to be completely surprised by that.

Full list here

Nothing: Receive no gift.
    Life Ring: This ring of old slightly increases HP.
    Human Effigy: A familiar looking effigy. Returns the hollowed to life.
    Healing Wares: Various items used to cure poison and restore HP. Essential for anyone travelling Drangleic.
    Homeward Bone: Returns you to the bonfire last rested at. Having one may ease your mind, but there are no easy journeys.
    Seed of a Tree of Giants: A seed grown from a Tree of Giants. Inedible.
    Bonfire Ascetic: Toss into a bonfire to raise the strength of nearby foes. Only for those who seek greater challenges.
    Petrified Something: A simple petrified lump. It may be of some use, someday.

black armour edition is back in stock on amazon, anyone know what they're like for launch day stuff? will free uk delivery get it to me on launch if I use parcel motel?

edit: dammit it's gone again, at this rate I must chance change my arm launch day there's plenty of shops here that might have it

Since there's no Master Key, i'll probably pick the most obscure sound gift.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wonder if there's a trick one thrown in there by the developers that does nothing. There's two candidates for that I can see from the list.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wonder if there's a trick one thrown in there by the developers that does nothing. There's two candidates for that I can see from the list.

No coconut this time either, that might take some getting used to

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The coconut wasn't a starting item, though, it randomly spawned somewhere in the starting area(s)!

That
    seed of a tree of giants
    sounds like a keeper.

The coconut wasn't a starting item, though, it randomly spawned somewhere in the starting area(s)!

I thought it was a starting gift, but you could also get it from Snuggly.

A Petrified Something
    sounds too crap to not just do nothing.
    The Seed sounds like it will grow a tree
    making a shortcut to a new area.
    Bonfire Ascetic
    will be basically for bragging rights combined with deprived and SL1.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Wheres the best place to order this if I want it delivered on the day?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Either Gamestop.ie or Amazon using Parcel Motel. The latter should arrive by Saturday at the latest.

Advertisement