Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I genuinely can't wait to feel completely bewildered again, know most of DS1 like the back of my hand now so I want that feeling of not knowing what's around a corner or behind a door back, or getting that "ummm, wtf is that thing?" feeling seeing something off in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Either Gamestop.ie or Amazon using Parcel Motel. The latter should arrive by Saturday at the latest.
    If I get the parcel motel one should I get it to go to the depot up north?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hawke wrote: »
    If I get the parcel motel one should I get it to go to the depot up north?

Yep, change your delivery option to the Northern Irish address and choose first class delivery which will be free.

A few people actually got GTAV a day or two before official release using that method, but certainly wouldn't count on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

LAAAAMMMMEEEE!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Yup, and that's just about close enough that I'll hold off on the PS3 purchase, and get this on PC instead. 1080p60 here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Yup, and that's just about close enough that I'll hold off on the PS3 purchase, and get this on PC instead. 1080p60 here I come.

I would like to do this but half the players will have finished it by then and it'll definitely be ruined for me.

I can barely wait another week, I am not even talking about another god damn month and a half for PC port.

Amazon version works out to be 45eu, but I dont know if I will manage to wait until Tuesday. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I can barely wait another week, I am not even talking about another god damn month and a half for PC port.

Amazon version works out to be 45eu, but I dont know if I will manage to wait until Tuesday. :mad:

i did not want to wait the whole weekend , so i just ordered off gamestop. it's a bit of a gap between the console and PC release, too big for me anyway. hard to ignore it for 6 weeks !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll get it on the PS3 next week, and than get it for the pc for my 2nd playthrough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Annoying that it's that far in advance, another 7 weeks to wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHAHA I'm gonna be an expert at this by the time ye get it! Actually I'll still probably be stuck on the tutorial level :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Really bad sign. Said they were doing PC as primary platform so there's few reasons why it would be delayed compared to console release.

Either they're really are just having trouble finishing it up for PC (can't blame them, Japanese are notorious for that) or they lied and it's actually a console port with some PC-ish bells and whistles.

I'd hazard a guess they MIGHT be doing it for this reason
    Kiith wrote: »
    I'll get it on the PS3 next week, and than get it for the pc for my 2nd playthrough.

Getting eager PC gamers to buy it twice... which is hella lame of them. Or maybe they think this somehow prevents piracy seeing as how we've heard that as an excuse from Japan and US before.

In the end. It's lame lame lame. I'm not rich enough to be buying two copies of the game and there's no way in hell I'm getting a PS3 version when I have a monster gaming PC here ready for this wonderful game. Guess I'll just try to avoid spoilers as much as possible. I'll just play one of the dozens of untouched games in my steam library while I wait. First world problems or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

€40 on GMG with this code: OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/action/dark-souls-ii-eu/

Got a great deal in Gamestop, traded in Assassins Creed 4 and Dark Souls 1 and got 54 euro off Dark Souls 2. Just have to drop in Friday morning, drop 6 quid and then have Paddy's Week OFF to get a proper lash into this!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Got a great deal in Gamestop, traded in Assassins Creed 4 and Dark Souls 1 and got 54 euro off Dark Souls 2. Just have to drop in Friday morning, drop 6 quid and then have Paddy's Week to get a proper lash into this!

Oh wait, its a long weekend too, right?! DAMN! Looks like I am not going with Amazon after all...

Got a great deal in Gamestop, traded in Assassins Creed 4 and Dark Souls 1 and got 54 euro off Dark Souls 2. Just have to drop in Friday morning, drop 6 quid and then have Paddy's Week to get a proper lash into this!

Hmm, that's not a bad idea. I've already got Dark Souls on the pc, so could trade my copy in.

Hmm, that's not a bad idea. I've already got Dark Souls on the pc, so could trade my copy in.

For the Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition, I got 15 euro credit (that is including the extra 25% credit when you preorder a game)

I got 39 euro for AC 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I got 39 euro for AC 4

I'm guessing thats PS4?

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'm guessing thats PS4?

yupp

Got a great deal in Gamestop, traded in Assassins Creed 4 and Dark Souls 1 and got 54 euro off Dark Souls 2. Just have to drop in Friday morning, drop 6 quid and then have Paddy's Week OFF to get a proper lash into this!

You traded Dark Souls?! after one playthrough? the practice run?! boooooo

krudler wrote: »

I know yeah but I look at it as my practice run for Dark Souls 2 :) I hope to be spending a lot more time on DS2!

krudler wrote: »

Don';t worry, he'll end up buying it again.

I think i've bought Demon's Souls three times at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I bought dark souls at least 4 times on the same console
    probably would of been more but I have it digital now so its mine forever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I still have my US Collectors Edition of Dark Souls and never have any intention of selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I should probably pre-order this... :pac:

Well, I traded in my PS3 version of Dark Souls ages ago, would love to pick it up again. I do own it on PC too lol. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Picked up for €29.45 on Inexus.us, roughly €20 cheaper than steam version.

I don't mind not getting the 'early access' stuff because by the time it comes out on PC it'll be closer to total release of all that restricted content anyway. Kinda bummed about waiting so long but I guess there's more important things to do... and I have dozens of steam games I haven't even touched yet so I can burn through some of those while waiting, too.

• Advertisement

I had the regular version, bought it 2nd hand, then found a mint condition copy of the limited edition one with the art book in xtravision for 15 quid so yoinked that and sold the previous one. I know I'll wind up getting the collectors one if its ever around cheap, you'd be surprised where they turn up.

Advertisement