Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Does anyone know any Youtube commentators that do a *Noobs* guide to Dark Souls?
    I never really played much of DS1 so i'd like to see some walkthroughs with good guides.

I found it a lot more fun when you play it blindly. Sense of discovery in that game is part of experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Does anyone know any Youtube commentators that do a *Noobs* guide to Dark Souls?
    I never really played much of DS1 so i'd like to see some walkthroughs with good guides.

I personally found the Dark Souls Wiki to be the best resource in understanding the game and knowing how to build my character etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I personally found the Dark Souls Wiki to be the best resource in understanding the game and knowing how to build my character etc.

Best resource full stop!!!!! the amount of searches I did on that site was insane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So, Local gamestop is not doing midnight launch for Dark souls 2 :mad:.
    Will have to go in the morning like a little peasant. :pac:

Gamesnash is not dark souls 2 at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I used this one too. Both good, but preferred the layout of this

http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Souls+Wiki

if someone tells me they are the same with different skins there will be some serious face palms happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This guy does a good straightforward explanation of how most of the mechanics work http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXUX--WbiYNgKRqv3i21qfqFB7bjUS6Z5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mallory Rancid Sunset

I found it a lot more fun when you play it blindly. Sense of discovery in that game is part of experience!

this its part of the fun of the game for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Trying to avoid all the videos and streams is going to be torture

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Using guides to kill bosses takes away a lot of the satisfaction you get from beating a boss. You do kinda need to use a wiki throughout tho (Well... not really but i'd recommend it anyway !) Since there's so much **** that the game doesn't really explain in any detail.

Such a pain that its not out on PC until next month..... Ignoring the megathread on it will be hard !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

we'll need a seperate thread for the pc version in april methinks, so the glorious master race can share their experiences of the beginning of the game and such without risk being spoiled by someone who'se already on their sixth playthrough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

ShaneU wrote: »

Its already torture for me. There is a guy that has been banned from 3 different streaming sites and is currently streaming on a Russian site. Every time i get the urge to open his stream i close it within 10 seconds as i feel i already seen to much even if its just a new armour type i never seen before. Spoiled 2 bosses for myself already, but they don't seem "story" related so it ain't so bad

ShaneU wrote: »

Same, I'm getting it day one, might even stroll down to gamestop and see if I can get it during the Titanfall launch

we'll need a seperate thread for the pc version in april methinks, so the glorious master race can share their experiences of the beginning of the game and such without risk being spoiled by someone who'se already on their sixth playthrough

That's not a bad idea, us console peasants can feel smug for once :pac: well for like a month, then you can bask in all your extra framerate sorcery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

And... Pre-ordered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Won't be looking at or reading a single thing this time around. I didn't watch streams before the release of Dark but I did read up on some of the bosses and what was the optimal route through the game which I regretted doing.

Going in completely blind this time which should hopefully make things harder and extend the initial play-through time as much as possible but god damn it's so hard to stay away from everything. Without a doubt my most anticipated game release of my lifetime so far.

5 days.

Going in completely blind doesn't seem as daunting for this having beaten the first game, I'm sure From Software are banking on this and are going to have some surprises for seasoned players in there too though. The little tweaks I have read seem really interesting, just hope the invading isn't unbalanced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I've been avoiding everything since the release trailer. I had to look up the wiki a couple of times on my first playthrough of DkS and had read a fair bit about it which took away from the experience a tad. Having beaten the first game so many times I feel I should be able to navigate past anything at this stage.

I wont get to play DS2 til the Wed after release though, will be hard avoiding the US streams next week and then the chat on here over the weekend!

Gonna be tough avoiding reading posts from people that are further ahead, stupid work getting in the way of jolly co-operation

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah would love to look up some vids but I really want to keep the tutorial level a surprise. I'm sure I'll be looking up plenty of videos when I get stuck anyway.

• Advertisement

with parcel motel do I pick 1-2 day delivery or free saver delivery for launch day with amazon?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

First class (1-2 days) should be free. That's the one to go for.

Thanking you, and it's gone again booooo, amazon, y u tempt me so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Won't it still be the following week by the time PM ship it down from the north and then get it to your collection box?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

penev10 wrote: »
    Won't it still be the following week by the time PM ship it down from the north and then get it to your collection box?
    pm deliver it down from the north the day they receive it, so you'll have the game late friday or at the latest saturday.

Any idea when reviews will come out?
    Its released in the US on tuesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any idea when reviews will come out?
    Its released in the US on tuesday.

Tomorrow,unless there's a review embargo?

Tomorrow,unless there's a review embargo?

Just had a quick look there and there's an embargo till Tomorrow.
    There's already some reviews pouring out :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:cool:

• Advertisement

The full soundtrack is online now, had a listen to a few tracks on a playlist without trying to look at the track titles, all very similiar, big choral boss music, some frantic/threatening sounding stuff and some really serene music too. I did see a youtube comment that might have spoiled something boss character wise which could be interesting if true, that's all I'm saying! Friday can't come fast enough :D

Advertisement