Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Managed to cancel my inexus.us pre order in favour of the mildly cheaper direct2play.com. Cheaper and came with the digital goodies so I'm happy :)

That deal is going to expire in one day so anyone wanting the direct2play sale should buy now. There's other deals around, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

krudler wrote: »
    The full soundtrack is online now, had a listen to a few tracks on a playlist without trying to look at the track titles, all very similiar, big choral boss music, some frantic/threatening sounding stuff and some really serene music too. I did see a youtube comment that might have spoiled something boss character wise which could be interesting if true, that's all I'm saying! Friday can't come fast enough :D

Checked out some of the track also and its pretty much more of the same which isn't a bad thing. Don't go searching for the OST on youtube if you don't wish to know the names of the bosses.

The spoilers are coming fast and heavy now that its so close to US release. Best to stay away from anything Dark Souls related if you don't wish to spoil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

My copy ordered from VG+ got shipped on friday, fingers crossed i'll get it today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

cnUnt9q.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHAHA That is brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

right. getting close to release date so I'm bowing out until sometime in May

enjoy yourselves, you console bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can't access reviews but if people could let me know when they are released, I would appreciate it.

Few of the peops on the fextralife dark souls wiki got the game already and are really impressed by it so far.

had a look around but can't see any reviews so far. would also appreciate it if anyone comes across any :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd assume they'll be released when America wakes up, so sometime this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Couldn't help it, looked up what the 2 mysterious starting gifts do. One could be very handy but only if you can use it multiple times.

The other I'm not sure

Spoilers for anyone who wants to know.
    Petrified Something - Can be traded for The White Ring that makes your character take the appearance of a white phantom. Cosmetic effect only.

Seed of a Tree of Giants - Makes mobs hostile towards invaders

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Can't get enough of the Majula theme, DS2 equivalent to Firelink Shrine, its a gorgeous piece of music

I can't wait to see nice friendly Majula!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My copy ordered from VG+ got shipped on friday, fingers crossed i'll get it today or tomorrow.

If you are getting it sent to Ireland it will take 7-10 days, so expect it no sooner than the 18th due to the bank holiday, if you are in North America, than you lucky boy.

Xenji wrote: »
    If you are getting it sent to Ireland it will take 7-10 days, so expect it no sooner than the 18th due to the bank holiday, if you are in North America, than you lucky boy.

Got stuff off them before in 3-4 days and am in Ireland.

From peoples first impressions a trend among them all is that the graphics have gotten a downgrade from what footage and gameplay we have seen so far, the lighting is completely different.

Got stuff off them before in 3-4 days and am in Ireland.

You must of been lucky, I have ordered off them for years and the quickest has been 7 days, I ordered 3 separate games off of them last month and they all took 13 days from shipped date to arrive which has never happened before. I ordered Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on the 28th and it was shipped on the same day and it has yet to arrive yet, but I would say it will arrive on Thursday and it will be 13 days again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

From peoples first impressions a trend among them all is that the graphics have gotten a downgrade from what footage and gameplay we have seen so far, the lighting is completely different.

Yeah. Word on the street is that the gameplay footage from a while back of the Lightning storm castle is actually running on a PC. Not to bothered to be honest since i just want to play the game. Ill masterbate over the graphics when i get the PC version when its released

Yeah. Word on the street is that the gameplay footage from a while back of the Lightning storm castle is actually running on a PC. Not to bothered to be honest since i just want to play the game. Ill masterbate over the graphics when i get the PC version when its released

Graphics have never really been the reason to play the Souls games, I actually think they are quite fitting to the atmosphere being a bit gritty, grimey and unfinished looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The 2nd half of the game is supposed to be a lot better looking than the first half! Hopefully this is the case!

• Advertisement

surprised no reviews out yet , any one any idea when the review embargo is up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

2smiggy wrote: »

They'll be up later this evening.

Famitsu gave it 37/40, which is the same score they gave the original Dark Souls.

2smiggy wrote: »

It ends tomorrow at 12.00 PST or 19.00 Irish Time.

Yeah I saw a quick glimpse of an area and it looks nowhere near as nice as the demo footage, its basically DS1 with a better framerate and more environment physics, but that suits me fine. they addressed the frame drops a lot apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah I saw a quick glimpse of an area and it looks nowhere near as nice as the demo footage, its basically DS1 with a better framerate and more environment physics, but that suits me fine. they addressed the frame drops a lot apparently.

Damn you PC Master Race!!!:mad:

Long as it looks ok and is stable then happy days, its not about the graphics

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The graphics in Dark Souls were no better than those in Demon's Souls either really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The graphics in Dark Souls were no better than those in Demon's Souls either really.

I thought they were still quite nice
    and the artwork in the background of the game was lovely as well
    So I don't mind it looking like ds1, cause that game was beautiful :D

• Advertisement

Another new trailer

Advertisement