Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The review done on Rev3games was a little concerning regarding hit detection.

If you don't want any spoilers whatsoever, just listen to the video.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most of the reviews don't take into account the multiplayer mode. I just hope the servers don't crash on release day due to everyone piling in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

All this hype has really made me want to back and get back into DS1. I got stuck at those stupid gargoyles on the roof

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Delighted, but not that surprised, that the reviews say it's as good as it is. Can't bloody wait to play it.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Most of the reviews don't take into account the multiplayer mode. I just hope the servers don't crash on release day due to everyone piling in!

I guess we'll see how it handles the Americans when they login later today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems performance is a bit shaky still. PC version might be the way to go:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-dark-souls-2-face-off

• Advertisement

That's not good to hear. If it's true, and considering the game doesn't exactly look spectacular, there really shouldn't be any performance issues.

Definitely going to stick with the pc version in the long run (assuming it's not a buggy mess).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Aye, im gonna try my best to hold out for the PC version. Shame they didn't release a next gen version too.

Still, I don't think the performance issues negatively effected Dark Souls too much so hopefully its the same with this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Even if I had a decent PC to play with, a month and a bit would be a genuinely torturous wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Annoying thing is that I will dish out 60eu for a lot worse version of a game on Friday, when I can preorder superior version on pc for less then 30eu...

I wonder if mouse and keyboard actually holding back pc version. I have no clue how will they make it playable... I would even prefer a pure controller way again like ds1. I know for sure that I will play it with controller. Hopefully ps4 one.

I'll buy it on PS3, than trade it in once it's out on the PC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not sure if its of any use to many but had an email earlier offering free parcel motel shipping from gamestop.ie
    You must be registered with Parcel Motel to avail of this offer.
    Place your order on either TitanFall or Dark Souls II at GameStop.ie using your Parcel Motel (Finglas) address for delivery (don't forget to include your PMID in the address).
    Select 'ROI - Express' as your shipping method.
    Use the coupon code PARCELM at the checkout to ensure FREE shipping. GameStop will cover the Parcel Motel delivery fee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I wonder if mouse and keyboard actually holding back pc version. I have no clue how will they make it playable... I would even prefer a pure controller way again like ds1. I know for sure that I will play it with controller. Hopefully ps4 one.

On a related note, I stumbled across this ridiculous review of the first game yesterday: http://www.game-over.com/content/2012/09/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-review/
    After digging out my 360 controller from the box of “useless old console crap I never wanted to revisit” and re-learning how to use such an archaic and clumsy control system, I finally settled in for this self-styled hard-as-hell RPG

Mouse & keyboard is great for many genres, but this stubborn attitude of it's 'better than everything else, point blank' is incredibly frustrating - in fact, it's borderline unusable in many game types. Some games are designed for controllers, and there are few better examples than Dark Souls.

It's great that more PC developers are integrating gamepads so generously - I've played a lot of games recently that thankfully allowed Dualshock use without any fuss whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

On a related note, I stumbled across this ridiculous review of the first game yesterday: http://www.game-over.com/content/2012/09/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-review/

Mouse & keyboard is great for many genres, but this stubborn attitude of it's 'better than everything else, point blank' is incredibly frustrating - in fact, it's borderline unusable in many game types. Some games are designed for controllers, and there are few better examples than Dark Souls.

It's great that more PC developers are integrating gamepads so generously - I've played a lot of games recently that thankfully allowed Dualshock use without any fuss whatsoever.

I agree. I am Hardcore PC gamer ( and gamer in general ) and I got my 360 controller handy for all my Racing games ( I am too poor to afford g27 :( ), Platformers ( Rogue Legacy was the latest one ) and Dark Souls. K+M is superior in FPS and Strategy games, but try playing racing games with keyboard, if you can that you can put that in CV as life achievements! :pac:

I honestly cant even imagine a K+M Dark souls 2 experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone seen the Dark Souls II Collector's Edition Strategy Guide anywhere else besides Amazon, got it last time for Dark Souls and sold it for nearly €80 a couple of months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MANvsGAME playing Dark Souls II on Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/manvsgame, of course if you watch it their will be spoilers galore, although he is mainly just playing around with weapons at the moent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

calex71 wrote: »
    Not sure if its of any use to many but had an email earlier offering free parcel motel shipping from gamestop.ie

Says you'll get it Friday, not really an advantage then is there?

The Gamestop dispatch depo is close to where I live, wonder if I could nip down and collect on Thursday!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't wait for casual gamers to see these scores, go out and buy it and trade it in Monday!

CVG: 10/10
    VideoGamer: 10/10
    GameInformer: 9.75/10
    AusGamers: 9.6/10...
    Famitsu: 9/10/9/9
    M!Games: 90%
    IGN: 9/10
    Gamespot: 9/10
    Destructoid: 9/10
    Polygon 9/10
    Eurogamer: 9/10
    Edge: 9/10
    Gamereactor(Spain): 9/10
    Press-Start: 9/10
    OPM(UK): 9/10
    EGM: 8.5/10
    US Gamer: 5/5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Hey goys, for all you people who've used Parcel Motel before, I'm guessing there's no way of just adding €3.50 for a single delivery to your account? Never used them before and was gonna use them for this, to have it delivered from Amazon by the weekend, but having to add €10 minimum kinda ruins the value for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Good to see such high review scores this early, Dark Soils was a slow burner and only fully shone after multiple playthroughs when people got to grips with all the mechanics, storylines, online play and community aspects so if this is anything similar then the reviews will have only scratched the surface.

Going to be a long six weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Hey goys, for all you people who've used Parcel Motel before, I'm guessing there's no way of just adding €3.50 for a single delivery to your account? Never used them before and was gonna use them for this, to have it delivered from Amazon by the weekend, but having to add €10 minimum kinda ruins the value for me.

If you just add your credit card to your account you'll only get charged as you use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

3wayswitch wrote: »
    If you just add your credit card to your account you'll only get charged as you use it.

I added my cc details to my PM account...is that really all I have to do?

I wonder if there's any way of getting the US version on PSN...i would quite like to play tonight :)

Kiith wrote: »
    I wonder if there's any way of getting the US version on PSN...i would quite like to play tonight :)

A US psn account and some PSN vouchers?

noodler wrote: »
    A US psn account and some PSN vouchers?

Hmm, i have none of those. Still though, i'd really like to play it tonight :pac:

Hmm, i have none of those. Still though, i'd really like to play it tonight :pac:

Google it. You could have both in 20 minutes.

You just need to put in a US address and then buy a voucher on Ebay or whereever.

US PSN account is free. US PSN credit can be bougth digitally from playasia or amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

noodler wrote: »
    Google it. You could have both in 20 minutes.

You just need to put in a US address and then buy a voucher on Ebay or whereever.

It's 6.5 GB btw.

Play Asia sell US PSN codes and are totally reliable if you don't fancy eBay

I'm assuming it would connect to US servers for the online side of things, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Didn't realise I could get a free trial of Amazon Prime with that Parcel Motel address, which includes free expedited release day delivery. So all things going well there could be a chance of having the game delivered by Friday evening for roughly €47 all in. Not the worst. Although I'll kinda feel bad starting DSII without fully completing DS1, I just want to get in on the action when no one has a clue what everything means!

• Advertisement

I'm assuming it would connect to US servers for the online side of things, yeah?

Yes it would.

Advertisement