Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have been watching a stream most of the evening........Mother of god what have I gotten myself into :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I decided to get a PSN points card on Amazon.com and get this early. Will probably get the PC version too so this character will be my prototype!

I'm soooooooo tempted to do this right now but worried online combat might be a lagfest if the game has me connected to US servers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

There's an option called "Cross Region Play" and I think when you play from am EU PSN account, that's what it considers your region.

Not 100% sure on that yet, I've only started messing about with it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Have been watching a stream most of the evening........Mother of god what have I gotten myself into :D
    Don't spoil it too much for yourself - I'm planning to go into this game as blind as possible and not to resort to guides for the first playthrough unless I'm really stuck. Can't wait. This is gonna be magical...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 greyfox56

im getting this on PC when it's out. it will be my new skyrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Watching Peeve on twitch, he's already on NG+ it seems . I only watched a small bit , as not to ruin too much. He's pumped up vit, end, dex and new stat adaptability to around 40. It does seem u level quick enough. Even your starting soul level, bar deprived, is in double figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I decided to get a PSN points card on Amazon.com and get this early. Will probably get the PC version too so this character will be my prototype!

Can you buy it on a US account, download and unlock then play it on your main eu account?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Big Knox wrote: »
    Can u buy it on a US account, download and unlock then play it on your main eu account?

Nope, you can only play it on the US account.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    Nope, you can only play it on the US account.

I'm pretty sure you can.

Really? I should probably stop posting. I just assumed it was stuck to whichever account you unlocked it with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I can play games on my IE account that I've purchased with my Jap and UK accounts so I'm sure the US is no different

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    Really? I should probably stop posting. I just assumed it was stuck to whichever account you unlocked it with.

On Vita I think it is like that but on PS3 you can play it on different accounts on the same machine.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Can u buy it on a US account, download and unlock then play it on your main eu account?

Yep, that's what I'm doing. As long as the account you've purchased it with is on your PS3, you can play it on any account.

I've had a US account for ages, but this time, I just got a PSN code from Amazon.com having set my billing address to be a US address. I was able to use my AIB Debit Visa without a single hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Yep, that's what I'm doing. As long as the account you've purchased it with is on your PS3, you can play it on any account.

I've had a US account for ages, but this time, I just got a PSN code from Amazon.com having set my billing address to be a US address. I was able to use my AIB Debit Visa without a single hassle.

Sounds good but will you be stuck playing on US servers now?

I think that's done by your account region, not the game region. There's a setting that lets you restrict online play by region which I've turned off so I'll prob end up playing people globally.

It's not something I'm sweating about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

DMBrandon a popular Dark Souls streamer has finished the game already (got the game early) and feels like its the best game he ever played. Said he wont go back to Dark Soul since Dark Souls 2 just does everything better...

Much hype

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CVG have a 'Confessions of a filthy casual' playing DS2. Slight spoilers about the first area though and gives some tips about starting off.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/453414/blog/dark-souls-2-diary-part-1-confessions-of-a-filthy-casual/

One thing that sounded weird was he said NOT to use effigies and get used to having 50% health until you find a ring that brings it to 75%. He said they are very sparse and should only be used when you want to be in human form and have full health for a boss.

I thought DS2 wanted you to be in human form more, I didn't think the effigies would be so scarce for you to just try go through most of the game hollow.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    CVG have a 'Confessions of a filthy casual' playing DS2. Slight spoilers about the first area though and gives some tips about starting off.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/453414/blog/dark-souls-2-diary-part-1-confessions-of-a-filthy-casual/

One thing that sounded weird was he said NOT to use effigies and get used to having 50% health until you find a ring that brings it to 75%. He said they are very sparse and should only be used when you want to be in human form and have full health for a boss.

I thought DS2 wanted you to be in human form more, I didn't think the effigies would be so scarce for you to just try go through most of the game hollow.

From what I've read, you can be summoned even when you're hollow, and if you help defeat the boss, you get your health and humanity restored. Maybe the scarcity of effigies is a way to promote jolly cooperation as the best way to restore your humanity?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

chickenboy wrote: »
    From what I've read, you can be summoned even when you're hollow, and if you help defeat the boss, you get your health and humanity restored. Maybe the scarcity of effigies is a way to promote jolly cooperation as the best way to restore your humanity?

Well that would be good! I knew you could be invaded whilst hollow but didn't think you could be summoned too. I never once put down my summon sign in DS1 but will definitely do it in this in memory of the Sun Bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Well that would be good! I knew you could be invaded whilst hollow but didn't think you could be summoned too. I never once put down my summon sign in DS1 but will definitely do it in this in memory of the Sun Bro!

:eek:

That's one of the best aspects of the game, plus it's a great way of practicing against bosses that are giving you a hard time, you can be summoned into someone else's game to fight them before you take them on yourself, if you're in someones game and they have another person too its basically free souls and humanity.

• Advertisement

I don't think i ever did either. Did plenty of PvP in the Forest Covenant, but never got myself summoned for PvE.

Sure in Demon Souls i used to go offline half the time. Trying to get the world tendency full white or black online was a bloody nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i must have fought O+S between 50-100 times , used to love getting summoned at start of Anor Londo on bridge of first gargoyle and going the whole way through the level. Often did this late on weekends after the pub :)

chickenboy wrote: »

I've been hearing from my american mates that you get an effigie just by being summoned for PvE so all the more reason to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've been hearing from my american mates that you get an effigie just by being summoned for PvE so all the more reason to do it.

It does sound in theory like an excellent way to force people to get involved more in co-op.

Amazon still haven't dispatched - merciless curs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

noodler wrote: »
    It does sound in theory like an excellent way to force people to get involved more in co-op.

Amazon still haven't dispatched - merciless curs!

I wouldn't say they will until tomorrow.

Was initially getting it delivered to flat but decided I couldn't gamble in case he couldn't fit it in the mail slot..

Come on Friday already!

Think I'll go with a faith build for this game, just to try something different. I've always ignored miracles so it will be interesting to try something new.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Whatever build gets me my precious soul arrows and crystal spells quickest!

(I have no idea whether the game even contains soul arrows and crystal spells)

If i go magic, i'll try Hexes mainly i think. See what the new magic type is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

2smiggy wrote: »
    i must have fought O+S between 50-100 times , used to love getting summoned at start of Anor Londo on bridge of first gargoyle and going the whole way through the level. Often did this late on weekends after the pub :)

Same, fought O&S, Artorias and Kalameet dozens of times for the lulz. I liked getting someone from the brige gargoyle to O&S as well, trying not to make a balls of getting past the archer knights on the walkway, pressure :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll be going Dex again :) My Demon's Souls build was magic (mainly because I heard it was over-powered and wanted to get hrough it quick) and DS one was a DEX, preferred DEX I think. I'll be looking to get my hands on a katana as soon as possible, I'm curious about dual wielding but would feel naked without a shield.

Will be nice to play his with a big population online, was a late comer to the first game and it sucks having to stand around for ages hoping a summon sign pops up but with no shortage of invaders.

Advertisement