Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm going for a STR build first. Not tanky just using a high STR scaling weapon (if I can find one without a guide!).

If that fails I'll re-spec with DEX (again if I find the right weapon).

I reckon it will be the best way to go in blind with as other builds normally require some research. I found doing a INT character first time in DkS1 very tough at the start as I didn't rescue Logan's apprentice guy, didn't know where to farm green shards etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Another new trailer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I switched off the last trailer because of how much it gave away, so i'll be avoiding that one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Kiith wrote: »
    I switched off the last trailer because of how much it gave away, so i'll be avoiding that one as well.

Who would have guessed that Patches was the real son of Gywnn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I was a DEX build on Dark Souls (+15 Scimitar never, ever failed me) so I might try something different this time around! Maybe more of a focus on magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Wonder will my PS4 Controller work with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DEX for me too, rolly rolly stabby stabby.

Think I'll run two builds at once though, one dex one magic or tank

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Wonder will my PS4 Controller work with this?

It is supposed to work if you have it wired, but you will not get any force feedback/vibration.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

noodler wrote: »
    Who would have guessed that Patches was the real son of Gywnn.

I was gonna say I hope Patches is in this so I can kick him off a cliff but Patches is me old friend now. He sold me well needed humanities which I then used to buff my estus and got me through the 4 kings fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reading about this game is killing me, mad to play it!

In regards to the Petrified Something starting gift. I read before
    trading it to the crow gets you a ring that gives you a white aura, maybe handy when invading someone? Anyway, now it looks as thought the crow will give you a random item for the petrified something as people report getting titanite, rings, weapons, etc.

I was thinking of going with the ring that gradually restores HP but then I might find 2 better rings that might make it redundant so might just go with petrified something and take my chances.

Saw a poll of what classes are being picked first:

Class - Percentage - No. votes

Warrior 7.24% 16

Knight 25.79% 57

Swordsman 17.19% 38

Bandit 9.05% 20

Cleric 4.98% 11

Sorcerer 13.12% 29

Explorer 11.76% 26

Deprived 10.86% 24

• Advertisement

I'll either go Deprived or Swordsman when i start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Deprived and blind you pussies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Are any places confirmed to be doing a midnight opening for Titanfall - because I'd buy this a midnight in a line on those twats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm going to have to start avoiding this thread, too many info slips!

I must go Pure blind!!!

(Says he who'll be checking a wiki after 2 hours play:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

On my other tab i have play-asia open with a 50 Dollar PSN card ready to be checked out. Still contemplating it. Y u do dis Dark Souls

Deprived and blind you pussies

That's my plan, no wiki until I'm truly stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

On my other tab i have play-asia open with a 50 Dollar PSN card ready to be checked out. Still contemplating it. Y u do dis Dark Souls

I was very tempted too but I held off because I don't want to be way ahead of the crowd on the eu servers. I want as many invasions and as much golly co-op as possible and getting even a day or two head start would probably thin the numbers massively.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

€60 just taken from my PSN wallet - T minus 27 hours. :D

F1ngers wrote: »
    €60 just taken from my PSN wallet - T minus 27 hours. :D

Were you able to pre-load it? If it means getting to play it at midnight tomorrow night, i might do the same now.

49.99 in smyths, if I cant find a spare black armour one I'll get it there, 59.99 in gamestop and 54.99 in hmv/xtravision.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Kiith wrote: »
    Were you able to pre-load it? If it means getting to play it at midnight tomorrow night, i might do the same now.

Checked my settings just now, it says "expected download date: 13/03 and expected playable date: 14/03".

Looks like I can play this at 00:01 on friday. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Money has been taken from my account by amazon,not ywt dispatched,will I have it by Friday though?using the parcel motel up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Money has been taken from my account by amazon,not ywt dispatched,will I have it by Friday though?using the parcel motel up north.
    i doubt it, last time i used amazon first class service was for gta5, the game was dispatched on the thursday and it was in my motel depot at 10pm on the saturday night

Which edition did you get, I still have no movement or money taken on my Black Armour edition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Which edition did you get, I still have no movement or money taken on my Black Armour edition.

Just normal,the other one is sold out

psugrue wrote: »
    i doubt it, last time i used amazon first class service was for gta5, the game was dispatched on the thursday and it was in my motel depot at 10pm on the saturday night

Ahhh crap,doesn't really matter I guess

Just normal,the other one is sold out

Yeah I pre ordered it back in September, have never ordered a game so early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah I pre ordered it back in September, have never ordered a game so early on.

Same man, and yet no movement, can only hope we get the dispatch email early tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

money gone out of account and status is now preparing for dispatch on the black armor edition ps3 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I could buy this on day of release but im in debt. If their ever was something that could make me forget about my debts then it's this game haha really don't wanna miss out launch week

Advertisement