Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Just realised, this time tomorrow night I will be praising the sun \O/

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Big Knox wrote: »
    Just realised, this time tomorrow night I will be praising the sun Dying over and over again \O/

:(

Fixed that for you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Edit. Double post stupid fne

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mine dispatched at 4:49 from amazon,doubt I'll have it though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

So just to clarify... If I were to walk into Tesco/xtravision/game after work tomorrow would i be able to pick up any version of this game without hassle? I'm putting my faith in titanfall to keep her on the shelves. I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while now and would rather not have to spend Friday driving around in a huff looking for a copy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice to see a non mainstream game looking like it's going to be hard to get, though the hipster in me is sad that the Souls series is no longer a pleasure of the few keyed in folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

So just to clarify... If I were to walk into Tesco/xtravision/game after work tomorrow would i be able to pick up any version of this game without hassle? I'm putting my faith in titanfall to keep her on the shelves. I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while now and would rather not have to spend Friday driving around in a huff looking for a copy!

well if in doubt pre-order but id say you will be fine, also I think you can pre-order with gamestop online and pick it up in a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It'll sell well but I'd be shocked if it was difficult to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nice to see a non mainstream game looking like it's going to be hard to get, though the hipster in me is sad that the Souls series is no longer a pleasure of the few keyed in folks.

I'd imagine you'll get over it soon enough once you realize how much fresh meat there is to invade! The veterans will run riot in PvP in the first few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Amazon is preparing to dispatch mine.

Very sceptical it will get to PM in NI and then down to Dublin by Friday night even with first class delivery.

I'd say I am looking at Saturday evening being my first chance to crack it open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    I was very tempted too but I held off because I don't want to be way ahead of the crowd on the eu servers. I want as many invasions and as much golly co-op as possible and getting even a day or two head start would probably thin the numbers massively.

Lay down on the sofa just after i posted that and fell asleep. Sick as a dog :( Woke up now 14 hours later :eek: Ill wait it out till Friday :D

Umbasa

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I doubt you'd find any special editions but the regular one should be ok, I have two xtravisions, three gamestops, a hmv, a few tescos, two smyths and argos, bound to find it in one of them. am hoping there's a black armour one around.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was looking up the rings in this game, there are a lot of them, but I saw 2 mental ones you get, 1 for clearing the game without dying and the other for clearing the game without resting at a bonfire :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Saw it on fextra life wiki. Now that would be the ultimate bragging rights when you get invaded by a guy wearing both rings.

Also, anyone on PS3 gimme an add for some jolly co-op

sheehy83

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was looking up the rings in this game, there are a lot of them, but I saw 2 mental ones you get, 1 for clearing the game without dying and the other for clearing the game without resting at a bonfire :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Saw it on fextra life wiki. Now that would be the ultimate bragging rights when you get invaded by a guy wearing both rings.

if you look at the speed runs for DS1 , i'm sure it will not be too long before this will be done.

sheehy83

I assume summoning etc is still random on consoles?

i.e. friends can't play together.

noodler wrote: »
    I assume summoning etc is still random on consoles?

i.e. friends can't play together.

aaaahhhhhhhhh so on PC you can join people on your friends list?

Edit: just read the below, hopefully a lot of us can pick the same God.
    The added option of regional matchmaking will ensure players can communicate better, while a name-engraved Ring will enhance the likelihood of friends playing together.

Players will have the choice of ten different gods, and if friends are signed up to the same god, their chances of being connected are increased.

"It's not exactly friend summoning, but you can call up your friends [and say,] 'Let's believe in this god together', and when you try and match up, the probably of matching up with that person will be a little bit higher," Miyazoe said.

"Again, we're trying to enhance the matchmaking process and the co-op process a little bit more. Hopefully players will be able to catch onto this and utilise it for a better multiplayer experience."

it's easy enough to find friends for coop , i've had no bother with it really. just summon the right name after arranging meeting point, and make sure the soul levels are close enough

Won't summon anyone on my first play including NPCs. All bosses must be defeated by me, and me alone. I will lay down my sign if a covenant i take a liking to demands it of me.

2smiggy wrote: »
    it's easy enough to find friends for coop , i've had no bother with it really. just summon the right name after arranging meeting point, and make sure the soul levels are close enough

Any word if party chat is blocked again in this on xbox? Could get around it using private chat in the 1st game anyway.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Any word if party chat is blocked again in this on xbox? Could get around it using private chat in the 1st game anyway.

I read the consoles (and I assume PC) have in game voice chat as long as both players have it turned on from the menu.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This time 12 hours i'll be playing Dark Souls 2.

**** yeah :P

Won't summon anyone on my first play including NPCs. All bosses must be defeated by me, and me alone. I will lay down my sign if a covenant i take a liking to demands it of me.

I think that I used summon help for Moonlight Butterly (Wasn't needed but some awesome mage took me through the entire area! and I wasn't going to say no).

And also for Queelag although Is hould have given her more attempts.

I actually don't think I summoned for anyone else (I am almost certain I killed S&O after a great many tries).

Cannttt waaiittt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sheehy83

Sure it'd be rude not to! I'm Jack_somethingsomething I forget to be honest....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I beat O&S solo and hollow, that was a good day :D

on the ps3 , just had to send messages, a bit annoying and slow, but it got me there. when playing with people i knew I often just used my mobile to quicken things up :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    This time 12 hours i'll be playing Dark Souls 2.

**** yeah :P

Bought on PSN? Was Pre-load available? May just buy it on PSN if it unlocks tonight at 11:01 or 00:01 and just skip the gym tomorrow :D For some reason i don't trust EU PSN to unlock it on time

hehe

krudler wrote: »
    I beat O&S solo and hollow, that was a good day :D

And there was a great "view" afterwards :P

And there was a great "view" afterwards :P

Was I the only fool who was looking around for an 'amazing chest' with a great weapon or armor? Awful slow :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bought on PSN? Was Pre-load available? May just buy it on PSN if it unlocks tonight at 11:01 or 12:01 and just skip the gym tomorrow :D For some reason i don't trust EU PSN to unlock it on time

Apparently yeah, the pre-load is available today. I've not started it yet, as i'm working till 6pm, but that should give me plenty of time to download it and have it ready for midnight.

Hopefully it will unlock at 00:00.

Or else... :mad:

Advertisement