Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Amazon has taken money from my account and is preparing to dispatch, will not be getting it till tuesday, but it suits me better that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Was I the only fool who was looking around for an 'amazing chest' with a great weapon or armor? Awful slow :o

I left an amazing chest ahead sign there, wonder was it mine haha

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

krudler wrote: »
    I left an amazing chest ahead sign there, wonder was it mine haha

You and 500,000 others in fairness!

noodler wrote: »
    You and 500,000 others in fairness!

I did get a few +1's for my "imminent beating to a pulp" outside Artorias' boss fight area heh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finally dispatched from Amazon, curious to see when it will arrive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If parcel motel then you might be lucky to get it on fri/sat, but if not - Tue/wensday.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Anyone with experiences of midnight releases? While I'm assuming the majority of people will be there for titanfall, I'm hoping I won't have any trouble in getting a copy of Dark Souls!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

chickenboy wrote: »
    Anyone with experiences of midnight releases? While I'm assuming the majority of people will be there for titanfall, I'm hoping I won't have any trouble in getting a copy of Dark Souls!

That the thing local Gamestop is is not doing it... I would love to come tonight and pick up Dark Souls 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

chickenboy wrote: »

Went to a midnight launch for Black Ops 2 in Charlestown in Finglas. Just a big queue of people waiting to buy the game. I'm sure it wouldn't take a second for them to grab a copy of Dark Souls in the storeroom...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If parcel motel then you might be lucky to get it on fri/sat, but if not - Tue/wensday.

Same, just dispatched first class to NI. Can't really see how it would get to NI by the morning (and thus hopefully be available for collection on Friday evening in Dublin!) but we shall see.

Do PM operate on Saturdays? If not then I will end up waiting until Tues regardless if it doesn't get to NI in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I did get a few +1's for my "imminent beating to a pulp" outside Artorias' boss fight area heh.

Do you get anything for people leaving you +1's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Won't summon anyone on my first play including NPCs. All bosses must be defeated by me, and me alone. I will lay down my sign if a covenant i take a liking to demands it of me.

Yep same approach as DeS and DaS. I will put my sunbro sign down for others though, early release co-op is too good to completely pass up.

\O/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If i see an npc summon sign, i'l probably use it. Mainly to see if something interesting happens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Do you get anything for people leaving you +1's?

You got your health back in Demon's Souls. In Dark Souls I'm not so sure I think it refilled your estus or else gave you humanity???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You got your health back in Demon's Souls. In Dark Souls I'm not so sure I think it refilled your estus or else gave you humanity???

Think it's only an extra flask, humanity would be nice though

Retr0gamer wrote: »

You got an extra estus flask, I didnt know what was happening the first few times I just magically got one but wasnt complaining heh. I think you get one if someone kindles a bonfire you also did as well or something.

Always thought it was a cool touch that you can hear the bells ringing if someone else does it too off in the distance, not sure about the blighttown one but you can definitely hear the one where the gargoyles are.

Pre-load just finished.

4920194+_319efab1548c8e5db6f1ff388ddf02c0.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You got humanity when another player kindled the last bonfire you visited which would happen a lot more than a +1.

People seemed to ignore those messages in Dark souls whereas in early Demon's souls you'd get a lot of +1's.

You hear the bells in blighttown as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got random estus magically thrown at me a few times and I never left down a sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Probably other people kindling bonfires

I always left plenty of helpful messages throughout but can't remember ever once noticing a +1 on any of them. Odd how some random messages you come across could have 50 votes yet most helpful ones never had anything

• Advertisement

The icon for the messages changes as well if it gets a ton of +1's. Think Solaire's portrait is the 2nd level up.

Harps wrote: »
    Probably other people kindling bonfires

I always left plenty of helpful messages throughout but can't remember ever once noticing a +1 on any of them. Odd how some random messages you come across could have 50 votes yet most helpful ones never had anything

I saw one that had 100+ on it and it all it said was "despair", and it was just randomly there someplace in anor londo, not even near enemies. I will admit I fell for a "try jumping off" sign in Undead Burg as there was a platform under it, it was my first day playing it though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Big Knox wrote: »
    Pre-load just finished.

4920194+_319efab1548c8e5db6f1ff388ddf02c0.gif

How big is the download and does it unlock at 00:01?

I will admit I fell for a "try jumping off" sign in Undead Burg as there was a platform under it, it was my first day playing it though :pac:

I did that a lot when i started playing. Now every time i see one i shake my head and laugh at the nearby bloodstains.

We were all young once :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I saw one that had 100+ on it and it all it said was "despair", and it was just randomly there someplace in anor londo, not even near enemies. I will admit I fell for a "try jumping off" sign in Undead Burg as there was a platform under it, it was my first day playing it though :pac:

Did the exact same myself in the Parish in my first couple of days! That was before I even knew the messages were left by other players and not part of the tutorial

Kiith wrote: »
    I did that a lot when i started playing. Now every time i see one i shake my head and laugh at the nearby bloodstains.

We were all young once :P

hehe "secret ahead" well isnt that helpfuuuuuuuuuuul; *you died*

well, shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

So, my friend got his Black Armor Ed early...

1920475_10152333190708217_1355235592_n.jpg

Stunning box art!

OdgeXD wrote: »
    How big is the download and does it unlock at 00:01?

5 gigs and word on the street says is it should unlock at exactly that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Pre-loading, kinda hoping it's 00:00 CET

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Kiith wrote: »
    The icon for the messages changes as well if it gets a ton of +1's. Think Solaire's portrait is the 2nd level up.

From the wiki the different icons from DS1 - http://darksouls.wikidot.com/orange-guidance-soapstone

Advertisement