Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

While I'm living in the UK, I'd feel an awful lot better if amazon would hurry up with the dispatching and switch to dispatched.

Been like that all day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

tok9 wrote: »
    While I'm living in the UK, I'd feel an awful lot better if amazon would hurry up with the dispatching and switch to dispatched.

Been like that all day. :(

First class?

I'd say your fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

noodler wrote: »
    First class?

I'd say your fine.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Relocated my PS3 back in to mancave. Recharging both controllers.

spongebobI'mReady.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

my local gamestop is not opening tonight, and they won't give it to me this evening before they close. i have a course and a bit of an exam tomorrow, so might be for the best, but i would have like 3 or 4 hours this evening :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Any tips for some one who has never played demon or dark souls and whose going spending day tomorrow playing this.?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You will die. A lot. It's ok though, as that's what's supposed to happen. Stick with it, and actually try to learn from your mistakes. If you pay close attention to your enemies, you'll figure them all out.

That's pretty much all you need.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Relocated my PS3 back in to mancave. Recharging both controllers.

spongebobI'mReady.jpg

NyVZM3d.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

brady12 wrote: »
    Any tips for some one who has never played demon or dark souls and whose going spending day tomorrow playing this.?

Take it slow, don't rush anything. The tutorial is your first character

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

27.99 on g2play is this the cheapest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

The old cliche - you are going to die over and over and over and over and over and over and over, you just have to accept that and not get frustrated. If it plays the same as Dark Souls then when you do die it's 99.99% likely it's your fault, not the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Take things very slowly, it's not a race and rushing will get punished.
    Shield up and walk everywhere. If you're going melee get a 100% physical block shield.
    Be aware of your surroundings.
    Summon help as much as you need, there's no rewards for solo play.
    Talk to every NPC and expand all their dialogue options, a lot of information is hidden beneath layers.
    If you try an area and the mobs seem way too hard (i.e you are taking no health of with a weapon swing) track back and look for an easier route, the game is not linear.
    Frequent deaths are part of the game, do not see them as defeat but rather a learning experience. How did you die? Why did you die? What can you do differently next time?
    If you lose a lot of souls do not rush to get them back, they will be waiting so take it extra slow and be even more careful.
    And finally, PRAISE THE SUN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Try to avoid looking at guides as soon as things are going wrong. It's a really bad habit to get into and spoils the atmosphere and incredible buzz of success. Just pay attention to patterns and keep eyes open for shortcuts and secrets. Always remember to talk to an NPC more than once because sometimes they have more to offer. Oh, and you can kill anyone, so don't kill a blacksmith or merchant you may need by accident... Having said that taking risks sometimes has its rewards so keep that in mind too :)

Few other small pointers, these are based on Dark Souls 1 so I don't know what the new battle mechanics are like...

-If you are going to be a swift-moving character, keep weight light, as the lighter load gives you a fast roll that allows you to completely avoid a lot of attacks if done right.

-Locking on isn't always the best solution, especially for huge bosses you want to navigate around.

-Do actually look at stats as they can be very useful. If you're fighting a fire demon, you obviously want something with better Fire DEF, and so on.

-Enjoy it! online can be really fun, bar awkward invasions in the middle of fighting enemies/low on health. Once you get past the dying thing though and realise that's just part of the cycle, it is an incredible game.
    2smiggy wrote: »
    my local gamestop is not opening tonight, and they won't give it to me this evening before they close. i have a course and a bit of an exam tomorrow, so might be for the best, but i would have like 3 or 4 hours this evening :(

I'm friends with a local manager and begged him. It's not that they are being mean, but they will actually get in quite a bit of trouble from above if they are caught doing that ahead of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Caution and patience are your friends, if you think you're going to charge into a room of enemies and batter them with a sword you'll get mangled quickly. It's not a rushing action game. Divide and conquer, use your shield always entering a new area, keep an eye on corners. Never get cocky.

If you have the patience and put in the time, it's genuinely one of, if not the most rewarding game ever made.

edit: just realised you're on about DS2, point still stands though :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I just got a call there and I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad... I think I'm deliriously happy though. the job at the weekend is cancelled. It's Dark Souls binge time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Maaaan, April 25th can't come soon enough (I say that while doing a Masters that i'm quickly running out of time for!). I'm very jealous of you all right now! Will have to avoid this thread and all other info for the near future. I'll just praise the sun while you folks have all the fun!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well I just got a call there and I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad... I think I'm deliriously happy though. the job at the weekend is cancelled. It's Dark Souls binge time!

You're happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Wel damn Amazon now has my delivery date for Monday 17th, guess I wont get in until at least Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

So I kinda ballsed up the order on the store, I pre-ordered the game and it's fully downloaded but I had no funds in my wallet when they tried to take the money for it, I have the funds in there now. Just wondering if anyone knows if I'll just be able to purchase it again with the money in my wallet and then have it work with the file I've already downloaded or if I'll need to wait until whenever they decide to take the actual funds out of my wallet? D: Pls help

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Damit gamestop here aint doing a midnight launch for Titanfall, boooo, was in hmv and they had loads of dark souls just sitting in a box behind the counter, sniff. so close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I'd love if a Gamestop. Xtra Vision (or even Tesco) was open at Midnight to pick this up. I was sure there would be a big fuss over Titanfall releasing, and I could walk in and pick up a copy of this. i am even in the mod to pull an allnighter :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm not actually going to play it tonight. As much as i would, i'd end up playing till god only know what time. So early to bed, and than an entire days binge tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

tinodz wrote: »
    I'd love if a Gamestop. Xtra Vision (or even Tesco) was open at Midnight to pick this up. I was sure there would be a big fuss over Titanfall releasing, and I could walk in and pick up a copy of this. i am even in the mod to pull an allnighter :/

I thought they would be open, but only the cory GS is open i think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The Gamestop in cork is going to be open. not the local one. :(

So I got my ps3 all ready. tomorrow I will pick up Dark Souls 2 and a big feck off Subway for Breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Please unlock at CET ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The Gamestop in cork is going to be open. not the local one. :(

So I got my ps3 all ready. tomorrow I will pick up Dark Souls 2 and a big feck off Subway for Breakfast!

I wanna Subway too :(
    OdgeXD wrote: »
    Please unlock at CET ;(

Any luck?

Dispatched there so I'll have it tomorrow alright... just have to get through work first :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any luck?

Nope. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mine shipped to parcel motel up north this morning at 4:49am, still no word on it being delivered though :(.

• Advertisement

While I know I'm still going to love this game, I had a feeling when I played the demo at eurogamer that the game looked surprisingly good and performed excellently.

When doing the 2 stress tests I thought it still looks pretty good while there was the odd stutter.

But after looking at the comparison thread on Neogaf, the difference between what was shown and the final product is pretty big.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781625

I'd be shocked if it isn't being ported to next gen as we speak and we'll have that version this time next year.

Advertisement