Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It is a massive difference, and it's not just the lighting. We can only hope the pc version still has the improved textures that they showed in all the original trailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mine shipped to parcel motel up north this morning at 4:49am, still no word on it being delivered though :(.

I've used PM in 2 places 1 in dublin and one in drogheda, always my drogheda ones arrived around 1am and the dublin one just after 2:30 , you could nearly go up to tesco and wait for the van to pull up with the delivery , watch him put it in the machine and instantly enter a pin a take it back out ....... I chatted to the guy once while he was filling the machine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

And it's go time :D Soon as it hit 00:00 it's available

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

After 1.01 update....grrr.

EDIT: 126MB.

Yeah but only 126mb :P

Goodness I am so excite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Which means I'm out of here! Enjoy it fellas, you lucky bas7ards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Did you guys get a patch? Im just getting the same error message!

Aye, no problems, watching intro. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

And I died

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

have fun lads :) hopefully be back on this thread within the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

pre-order picked up from the local Game; despite it being a titanfall launch, the first game out the door was Dark Souls! :)

Can we get some rule that if you'r posting spoilers, you mark the general area they're for? I wanna keep coming in to chat about progress, but it would be too easy to ruin things for yourself by random hovering. i've already done it to myself a couple of times in the dark souls subreddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

chickenboy wrote: »
    pre-order picked up from the local Game; despite it being a titanfall launch, the first game out the door was Dark Souls! :)

Can we get some rule that if you'r posting spoilers, you mark the general area they're for? I wanna keep coming in to chat about progress, but it would be too easy to ruin things for yourself by random hovering. i've already done it to myself a couple of times in the dark souls subreddit.

Agree with this. Would be nice to chat about this and that as we progress. Something like, Majula boss spoiler:
    Piggies to stronk
    would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah no point posting spoilers if you're not going to at least say what area, although the area names themselves might be too much for some people, but if you wanna do 100% blind you shouldnt be on a thread discussing it anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Regretting ordering this from Canada, the wait is killing me. I'll have to avoid this thread altogether until I get it, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ShaneU wrote: »
    Regretting ordering this from Canada, the wait is killing me. I'll have to avoid this thread altogether until I get it, enjoy!

Canadian mail has got a bit slower in the last month or so it seems, the last 4 things I ordered from VGP have all took 13 days exactly to arrive, which has been the longest in 4 years or so of ordering from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It was sent last Friday, won't get it til Tuesday I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ShaneU wrote: »
    It was sent last Friday, won't get it til Tuesday I'd say

I would bet it will be Thursday, I ordered 3 games off of them last month and one at the start of this month, all took exactly 13 days from shipping on a Friday, before this it usually took no longer than 10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

tok9 wrote: »
    While I know I'm still going to love this game, I had a feeling when I played the demo at eurogamer that the game looked surprisingly good and performed excellently.

When doing the 2 stress tests I thought it still looks pretty good while there was the odd stutter.

But after looking at the comparison thread on Neogaf, the difference between what was shown and the final product is pretty big.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781625

I'd be shocked if it isn't being ported to next gen as we speak and we'll have that version this time next year.
    I believe the demo version was actually running on a PC, so I imagine there could be a "HD texture pack". Still, that's a fairly shocking difference.

On the positive side, I would rather less than spectacular visuals for a smooth FPS counter.

Picking it up in the morning, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Pre-ordered my collectors edition from the Hut. Shipped on Wednesday so I guess I have an outside chance of getting it tomorrow. Should have it next week anyways which mighn't be the worst as I have a ton of stuff that needs doing this weekend.

Anyways, I'm out of here until I finish my first playthrough. Perhaps I'll see some of you xbox folk about the place for some Jolly Cooperation. Good luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tok9 wrote: »
    While I know I'm still going to love this game, I had a feeling when I played the demo at eurogamer that the game looked surprisingly good and performed excellently.

When doing the 2 stress tests I thought it still looks pretty good while there was the odd stutter.

But after looking at the comparison thread on Neogaf, the difference between what was shown and the final product is pretty big.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781625

I'd be shocked if it isn't being ported to next gen as we speak and we'll have that version this time next year.

Wow, that looks so bland now. What happened that they had to cut shaders and lighting down so much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I believe the demo version was actually running on a PC, so I imagine there could be a "HD texture pack". Still, that's a fairly shocking difference.

On the positive side, I would rather less than spectacular visuals for a smooth FPS counter.

Picking it up in the morning, can't wait!

No, they were adamant that the demo was running on a PS3. I probably said it earlier in the thread after playing how impressed I was with the visuals and performance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

not even gona look at the monitor

you'[re all bastards

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still no txt message :mad: just gonna have to try and be patient,42 was a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's being delivered now... I wish I was off :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm engaged in chores and manly duties about the house, being supervised closely by She Who Must Be Obeyed, it'll be the afternoon before I pick this up :(
    Dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Still no txt message :mad: just gonna have to try and be patient,42 was a good price.

PM?

I don't know about you but mine was only dispatched from Amazon to NI yesterday afternoon - so would eb shocked if its even in NI yet - nvm my PM site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm engaged in chores and manly duties about the house, being supervised closely by She Who Must Be Obeyed, it'll be the afternoon before I pick this up :(
    Dammit!

Run off to the shops using the excuse of needing more bleach (pour all the bleach down the sink for extra believability).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone seen a Black Armour in a B&M store today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm engaged in chores and manly duties about the house, being supervised closely by She Who Must Be Obeyed!

Don't you go getting yourself hollow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Played it for an hour. Butchered in the tutorial. Stormed off in a huff. I've missed this.

Advertisement