Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

noodler wrote: »
    PM?

I don't know about you but mine was only dispatched from Amazon to NI yesterday afternoon - so would eb shocked if its even in NI yet - nvm my PM site.

Mine dispatched at 4:50 am yesterday morning, hopefully have it sometime today

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mine dispatched at 4:50 am yesterday morning, hopefully have it sometime today

Bastard!

I didn't get the confirmation of dispatch email til after 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Good luck to all who start their journey today. Extremely jealous that I have to wait until the 25th of April :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Just came out of the shop with titanfall and dark souls 2 in my pocket. Just need to get home now! As quickly as possible.

Think I would get funny looks if I asked random people if I could use their Homeward Bone? :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bastard!

I didn't get the confirmation of dispatch email til after 12.

Delivery estimate is for 9pm 14th , im guessing thats for delievery up.north though :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Delivery estimate is for 9pm 14th , im guessing thats for delievery up.north though :-/

Will it stay up North all weekend then?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

nope, parcel motel deliver on saturdays so if its up north today/tomorrow, you'll definitely have it tonight or tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Was just about to tell people I was worried as the lad who comes around with the mail had one item for me and it wasn't Dark souls.

Then he just came back a minute ago and handed it to me! :D

Now the long wait. :p

God I hope not :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Lads the game is in my possession. I shall see thee in 2-3 days, or when im so pissed off at a boss i need to vent my rage on the forums :D

1 CE available in the Charlestown store in Finglas. Was gonna snag it but only got €45 credit with the games i traded in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

The hardback guide is available on Book Depository for €25:
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Dark-Souls-II-Collectors-Edition-Strategy-Guide/9780744015478

I've one on pre-order with Amazon but they still don't have it in stock. No rush on it but it could easily sell out.

The guide for the first game was a thing of beauty and very handy on subsequent playthroughs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'a effin brilliant. Absolutely love not knowing what's going to be around the next corner, and love the sense of exploration that the Souls series gives. It doesn't look great, at least not from a graphical / texture point of view, but you won't really notice as the area design is excellent.

Also, clicked a certain sign and it told me there's been 15 million deaths worldwide :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

No black armour or CE availabile in either gamestop I was in this morning, smyths have the regular one for 49.99 so wouldnt be giving gamestop 60 for it will get it later.

Finish work.
    Get game.
    Get munchies and beer.
    Tell everyone go away.
    Relish in dying over and over and over.

That's my night sorted :D

Kiith wrote: »
    It'a effin brilliant. Absolutely love not knowing what's going to be around the next corner, and love the sense of exploration that the Souls series gives. It doesn't look great, at least not from a graphical / texture point of view, but you won't really notice as the area design is excellent.

Also, clicked a certain sign and it told me there's been 15 million deaths worldwide :P

Is it interconnected like the first game or more of a hub style of Demons Souls? I heard reports of both.

krudler wrote: »

Tell everyone go away

LOL

Yeah graphically it actually looks worse than demon souls and dark souls 1 which is sort of ridiculous but the fps in most places is a little smoother so its a good trade off in my opinion.

I imagine the PC version in six months and the xbone/ps4 version in about a year will be a lot prettier.

Is it interconnected like the first game or more of a hub style of Demons Souls? I heard reports of both.

Yeh it's interconnected. You can just warp to places if you want to instead of running.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeh it's interconnected. You can just warp to places if you want to instead of running.

Fast travel from the get go eh?

It definitely feels more demons souls so far anyway, but that might be just cause I'm so used to dark souls. Started as a swordsman, and by God it's tough without a shield. Also, I'm picking fights with this I really shouldn't be :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just thrown a good amount of junk food in to me. My body is ready! Installing patch and of I go!!!

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Fast travel from the get go eh?

Yeah, it's available from the 2nd bonfire.

Yeah, it's available from the 2nd bonfire.

Hmmm dunno if I like that so early in the game, you worked for it in the first one. Being able to jump around kinda takes away from having to slog through areas using what you'd learned previously. I'm presuming you have to at least reach where you want to warp to first?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just picked up the only black armour edition available in GS Cavan.

Funny thing happened while I was there.. Some guy came in about 15secs after me looking for the Black Armour edition. He was pretty disappointed that I got the only copy. He seemned like a nice chap so I said we'd flip a coin for it.

I won.. And thus my body is ready :cool:

kwQQ8aq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not off to a good start here on xbox,

The dark souls 2 service is not available, please try again later.
    Please see the following URL for more info.........

Select "cancel" to start the game in off line mode :mad:

I'm presuming you have to at least reach where you want to warp to first?

Yeah bonfire needs to be activated before you can warp. And I've not used it yet, so can't really comment on how it will change the game.

Yeah bonfire needs to be activated before you can warp. And I've not used it yet, so can't really comment on how it will change the game.

Ah cool, will try my best to not use it straight away, be a bad habit to get into and you'd be doing yourself out of learning and souls anyway just bouncing around from one area to the other. Will wait to open the game world up more before I start doing that. be handy for replays and NG+ though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Summary of players deaths so far. Watch your footing :D
    • Falls: 590,589 deaths
    • Traps: 57,509 deaths
    • Other players: 43,711 deaths
    • Enemies: 2,186,193 deaths
    • Other: 91,500 deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh my lord soul my ps3 has stopped reading discs. And my nephew has sold his ps3. Had to buy the game again digital. €80 for standard edition ......worth

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just picked up the only black armour edition available in GS Cavan.

Funny thing happened while I was there.. Some guy came in about 15secs after me looking for the Black Armour edition. He was pretty disappointed that I got the only copy. He seemned like a nice chap so I said we'd flip a coin for it.

I won.. And thus my body is ready :cool:

kwQQ8aq.jpg
    fairplay to you...you must be a Sunbro

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Not off to a good start here on xbox,

The dark souls 2 service is not available, please try again later.
    Please see the following URL for more info.........

Select "cancel" to start the game in off line mode :mad:

same here. Blame titanfall tbh. Xbox servers getting hammered.

Advertisement