Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeah graphically it actually looks worse than demon souls and dark souls 1 which is sort of ridiculous but the fps in most places is a little smoother so its a good trade off in my opinion.

I imagine the PC version in six months and the xbone/ps4 version in about a year will be a lot prettier.

PC version is out late april, not in 6 months! I would've gone hollow if I had to wait that long. It's interesting to find out the game looks graphically worse - possibly from the new architecture? I've heard people say the frame-rate is worse that DaS1, that on the ps3 it drops to 25fps at times where as the 360 seems to like the more PC-ish architecture and doesn't drop as many frames. Just what I've been reading though, haven't seen the game running real-time myself, only videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

that on the ps3 it drops to 25fps at times where as the 360 seems to like the more PC-ish architecture and doesn't drop as many frames.
    Read that as well. Apparently the PS3 doesn't have the screen-tearing issues that are allegedly rife on the Xbox version.

You'd wonder if it was rushed? If so maybe they decided to leave the graphical tweaking til the end rather than leave us with another barren Lost Izalith near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh my lord soul my ps3 has stopped reading discs. And my nephew has sold his ps3. Had to buy the game again digital. €80 for standard edition ......worth

is it not 59.99 on psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

krudler wrote: »
    is it not 59.99 on psn?

Yeah it is. I bought the disc for 20 quid with trade ins on top of the 60 it cost me on psn. Finished installing now. Weeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Nyeh, nothing in parcel motel yet even though it was dispatched through one day delivery from Amazon yesterday morning... Where are you?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Yeah it is. I bought the disc for 20 quid with trade ins on top of the 60 it cost me on psn. Finished installing now. Weeeeee

Why not sell your physical copy?

My blu ray drive broke on my ps3 once too, had to replace. Easy enough, just make sure you get the right type.

argos have the standard one for 53.99 if anyone doesn't feel like getting ripped off by gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

argos have the standard one for 53.99 if anyone doesn't feel like getting ripped off by gamestop

bulling with them.60 quid.told me when i pre ordered it be only 55 which was dear anyway

brady12 wrote: »
    bulling with them.60 quid.told me when i pre ordered it be only 55 which was dear anyway

yeah they're a joke, i thought with hmv being open again they'd have the cop on to lower their prices a bit, nope. man I miss hmvs 42.99 launch day pricing that was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I had to get ripped off by them, went to Smyths bright and early because they were a tenner cheaper just to be told by the helpful salesperson behind the counter that they had two there on pre-order and she didn't know what "the lads" had done with the other copies, what a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Think I might have missed out on a mini boss or major enemy at least. Climbing a ladder in the land of the giants, a
    big bird swooped in and dropped off a shiny knight, just before i got killed by a couple of hollows who chased me from parts unknown!
    . Anyone else had this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Think I just went with the DS2 equivalent of the pendent as my gift, hope fully snuggly is at hand to trade in my magic bean to.

Right at the start I found a trail
    of large foot prints
    i should definitely follow this right? :pac:

Edit : Achievement unlocked "This is Dark Souls" well that ended in me
    having my head bitten off by a giant rat
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

God the frame rate is so hard to get used to having played nothing but PC games for the last few years

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

calex71 wrote: »
    Think I just went with the DS2 equivalent of the pendent as my gift, hope fully snuggly is at hand to trade in my magic bean to.

Right at the start I found a trail
    of large foot prints
    i should definitely follow this right? :pac: :D

I did the same,
    and was even saying it to myself that i should turn around when i saw the footprints. But i was asking for it after i punched him in the back and he slaughtered me.

I've killed my first boss, which wasn't too hard, and have successfully invaded two people already. I've not been invaded yet though. Getting the hang of the changed dodge/roll mechanics with my Swordsman. Still haven't used a shield, and quite enjoying it. On the lookout for some better weapons now. I'm also wearing a monocle and goofy looking hat (which boosts my item discovery) :P

Really enjoying it so far.

Kiith wrote: »
    I did the same, but i was asking for it after i punched him in the back.

I've killed my first boss, which wasn't too hard, and have successfully invaded two people already. I've not been invaded yet though. Getting the hang of the changed dodge/roll mechanics with my Swordsman. Still haven't used a shield, and quite enjoying it. On the lookout for some better weapons now. I'm also wearing a monocle and goofy looking hat (which boosts my item discovery) :P

Really enjoying it so far.

I'm still at him !!!!!! Not letting the 1st enemy of the game best me :P

Attempt #11 here we go EDIT: I got sat on this time :D

Ah here time to move on , ill come back for him later, I will say this though don't just run by him
    lure him away from where he is 1st and see what he was looking at !!!!!!!! valuable prize to be claimed there

Actually a question there, when he had a hold of me there was another status bar that came up ? not sure what ut was for , logic would suggest it was to struggle to escape but couldn't figure out what to press :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nyeh, nothing in parcel motel yet even though it was dispatched through one day delivery from Amazon yesterday morning... Where are you?!

Still waiting here too

I really should stay out of this thread until I get to go home and play it myself, the wait is killing me :pac:

Still waiting here too

Phew. First time using PM and thought I might have done something wrong. I'd feel a lot better if Amazon had provided me with some tracking information for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Phew. First time using PM and thought I might have done something wrong. I'd feel a lot better if Amazon had provided me with some tracking information for it.

Ya same here,are you using pm up north?

Yep, and sent with priority post. No activity on my account, emails or texts yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

mine just arrived in parcel motel up north there now, happy days! hopefully have it this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Threw it on for a minute during lunch. Within 15 seconds of getting to control my character I died :pac:. I thought the
    dogs were attacking me so I punched one and a load came out of no where
    , trophy popped up, had to start laughing.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Threw it on for a minute during lunch. Within 15 seconds of getting to control my character I died :pac:. I thought the
    dogs were attacking me so I punched one and a load came out of no where
    , trophy popped up, had to start laughing.

Ha thanks for the heads up , I had planed on going back there once I got my gear and then forgot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, you can't upgrade your stats? When I will be able to do so?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mine has arrived in Parcel Motel in the North too :)
    Guys, you can't upgrade your stats? When I will be able to do so?

There's an item that lets you respec, I believe.

Do you get notified when its arrived at pm up north and then another notification when its arrived in your pickupo point in your county?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

One more thing, does the equipment load system works different now? I had my load at 55% and 10% and my mobility is same?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Do you get notified when its arrived at pm up north and then another notification when its arrived in your pickupo point in your county?

I had to login to PM to see it had arrived up north.

Only arrived at 2pm sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

you'll get a text with a code when it has arrived at your local pickup point, then just enter your phone number and code and the door will swing open where your game is, seeing as they have arrived this afternoon, they should be at your local depot sometime tonight, depending on where you live.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    I had to login to PM to see it had arrived up north.

Only arrived at 2pm sadly!

Ya nothing there,OK getting kinda freaked out now seeing as my mine shipped before all of yours lol I emailed customer service there anyway

Advertisement