Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hah what price are second hand copies going for? Surely there's been a few people butt hurt enough to trade in already. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anyone join a covenant yet? Just joined one in the Majugula place or whatever it's called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone join a covenant yet? Just joined one in the Majugula place or whatever it's called

which one????? theres two there one will make the game harder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

calex71 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get mauled by
    three little pigs in majula
    :mad:

Toughest fight i've had so far :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Tough little feckers!

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Toughest fight i've had so far :o

I know right !!!! I was so disgusted i blew them up with witching urns :pac:

which one????? theres two there one will make the game harder

I joined the champions one then just found the blue sentinels and joined that, I'm playing on ps3 in my college house so just doing a run around before I start a proper game at home...which one makes it harder/how? Already a little lost!

Although that said just found out how to level up and upgraded my estus already :D

I joined the champions one then just found the blue sentinels and joined that, I'm playing on ps3 in my college house so just doing a run around before I start a proper game at home...which one makes it harder/how? Already a little lost!

Although that said just found out how to level up and upgraded my estus already :D

The Champion Covenant , makes the game harder and disables co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was wondering why the hell there are so many blood stains in that area... Then I sow them... Yup makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I turned on Dark Souls and downloaded the update at 4:00PM. The electricity went off at 4:05PM.. Its only back on now.

I think its a warning :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Giving it a break for now, made a little progress but I've died so much. Some of the hitboxes are bull**** but oh welp I love Dark Souls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Game aquired, chips n dip for later, junk food for now, installing as we speak :D

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Giving it a break for now, made a little progress but I've died so much. Some of the hitboxes are bull**** but oh welp I love Dark Souls :D

I am no dark souls expert as some people here, but I found some of the controls/hit boxes/ animation to be bull****. Dark souls had it all perfect and if I died I died because I was ****. Good few times now I had "this is bull**** " moments.
    The placement of some enemies near bonfires is a bit stupid too. There is one bonfire which is pretty much instant death, unless you can one shot those massive iron bastards with maces.

The back stab is completely unreliable now no??? I was pummelling guys from directly behind and I might get a back stab on the final blow

I would estimate a loss of about 50k in souls now too :(

Enjoying it, seems to be a lot to explore in the fallen giants place.

Edit: Again I'm an idiot and completely over looked being able to fast travel ..... and found the soap stone instantly dropped it and got summoned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What does the code give ya?

Some weapons and armour.

I've given the code to Big Knox

On the game itself.. Very disappointed my first death was a fall! :P

Still not able to level up, could someone remind me what I have to do as I was completely oblivious to the text that popped up talking about it?

Best part so far was in the Cardinal tower and how I managed to find a shortcut back to the bonfire.. I'll just say the enemy helped a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Talk to a lady in green near the bonfire in Malaysia to increase your stats. You have to exhaust all her conversations before she will do it. Agree with a few posts above about the controls not feeling as tight as before. Sometimes I feel like I don't have total control over my character. Hit boxes feel Ok. Took sometime getting used to having less iframes on the dodge. Running without a shield atm and just killed my second boss on 3rd try. Fun stuff. Shame about the frame rate. Roll on pc release

I am no dark souls expert as some people here, but I found some of the controls/hit boxes/ animation to be bull****. Dark souls had it all perfect and if I died I died because I was ****. Good few times now I had "this is bull**** " moments.
    The placement of some enemies near bonfires is a bit stupid too. There is one bonfire which is pretty much instant death, unless you can one shot those massive iron bastards with maces.

That area is completely useless as far as I can tell there's nothing worthwhile there at all other than a random bonfire and lots of turtles. I'm on the 4th boss after the crab people atm, only tried him once so far, Artorias v1.5

Edit: On the mention of backstabs being unreliable, parrying seems a big bugged too. I've had a load of parries so far but haven't had one riposte when I think I should have.

Odd one and new to me, I was summoned and after clearing an area of enemies I got a message on screen duty fulfilled returning to your own world, was I banished by the host or something else?

Man.. I haven't got to any boss yet!

Odd one and new to me, I was summoned and after clearing an area of enemies I got a message on screen duty fulfilled returning to your own world, was I banished by the host or something else?

You're only allowed to kill a certain number of enemies when you're summoned, also all enemies have a limited number of respawns. Once they're finished you can use an item at the bonfire to respawn them, but it makes them stronger.

• Advertisement

Oh that area isn't useless. Some good loot and a dream tree around the corner from the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lads need help!
    What class would you's suggest for a new player? Preferably something that has a shield.

Also what should I be picking for a *Gift* ?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Lads need help!
    What class would you's suggest for a new player? Preferably something that has a shield.

Also what should I be picking for a *Gift* ?

Warrior. Go for the healing stuff as a gift. Not sure what's in it but it sounds most useful

I have not shouted out: "you fecking bitch!" so Damn hard as I did just a minute ago. So second boss and I summoned other player. Boss was on 1mm oh health,just needed one hit. The summoned guy decided to shoot a fecking balista in to my face instead of bosses face. One more fecking humanity wasted.

God damnit

I've already lost all my souls! Such an idiot. On to my first boss who 1 hit killed me then got cocky on the way back and a normal lad killed me :(

Dark Souls.. I forgot how punishing you can be

Just remembered something when I re-ran through the beginning on Forest of Fallen Giants, when you climb the ladder
    you get attacked 3 the guys but there is a knight sat at the tree, no indicator to interact with him :confused: did anyone give him a slap?

Just remembered something when I re-ran through the beginning on Forest of Fallen Giants, when you climb the ladder
    you get attacked 3 the guys but there is a knight sat at the tree, no indicator to interact with him :confused: did anyone give him a slap?

I attacked him, he gets up and fights back, only had the broken straight sword so he killed me but he didn't seem very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Liking it so far, only died once and that was in the tutorial lol got to Majula and found an npc sitting there, ah tis himself...

I'm actually disappointed with myself.. I've died some amount of times trying to kill the boss near the Cardinal Tower bonfire.

Edit: Finally.

Edit2: Think it's best I level up next.

• Advertisement

Have gone for the Bandit class as looking to go for a Dex build...kind of thinking I should have picked the swordman now, but I don't like the idea of fighting with a shield.

Would it also be right to say that there is no essential starting gift as was the case with the master key in DS1?

Advertisement