Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

calex71 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get mauled by
    three little pigs in majula
    :mad:

Yes. I had to run away. Returning 4 hours later to slaughter them when I had my Greatshield was.......immensely satisfying. :P

I played it a lot today. Frustrating at parts but overall I'm quite enjoying it. Haven't gotten stuck yet which is a positive sign. I went with the Knight coz he starts with a decent sword and he starts with pretty amazing armour in the Falconer set. I've replaced it by now but its way better then everything else you see for the first 3 or 4 hours. Lucky choice.

I've killed 3 bosses so far. The
    dragon rider and dragon slayer
    guys who are up in the Armoured Giants area. One shotted the
    dragon rider
    and felt like a badass. Then I died loads on the
    dragon slayer
    and my ego got checked. Got him eventually though.

3rd boss was the
    last of the giants. He tries to step on you but if you have a good shield you can just block it.
    Fairly simple. Only died once on him. He seems like this versions pinwheel.

I started out by pumping strength to 30 to equip a 100% block shield I found. Now I'm pumping lots of endurance a little dex so I can use bows and spears. I have a morning star that does great bleed damage but it's moveset is limited. The Braodsword that my guy started with still seems the best weapon because its so bloody fast so I'm still using that. I feel like a tank. :)

Only having
    1 Estus
    at the start is a big deal. So unforgiving. I'm up to 3 now so it's a little better but it's a massive shift from the
    5,10 and 15 flasks
    you have in Dark Souls 1. Takes some getting used to.

Graphically it's....a bit of a disaster. Poor shadows. Low res textures. Aliasing all over the place. The grass in Majula looks horrific because of it. It's a bad sign that Dark Souls 1 is a prettier game. I'll probably pick up the PC version when it hits.
    Oh that area isn't useless. Some good loot and a dream tree around the corner from the fire

I found that tree. What does it do? Do you need that specific starter gift item for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone finding it like a mix of Demon's and Dark Souls? the Cardinals Tower reminds me of the opening level of Demon's, it even has a similar layout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

put one of those polished balls in the nest and got a white ring , I'm going to have fun with this later :D
    makes you look like a phantom for folling invaders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Still no word from Parcel Motel... is usually around 23.30 when they drop me a text.

On the plus side my girlfriend made cakes:

y1N4iyi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

put one of those polished balls in the nest and got a white ring , I'm going to have fun with this later :D
    makes you look like a phantom for folling invaders

I'm trying to figure out how to drop it in the nest?? :P

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    Still no word from Parcel Motel... is usually around 23.30 when they drop me a text.

On the plus side my girlfriend made cakes:

Wife her.

Did anyone get in the coffin by the shore in the tutorial? it seems to have undone my character, or made me younger or something? I had a beard, now I'm sans beard.

I like the way you can hide the HUD, I think it's far too big anyway so its handy to make it vanish until you attack or use an item.

Controls do feel more floaty than the first, haven't had any issues with hitboxes yet but will see. Found the camera sensitivity too high so turned it down, there's definitely input lag between moving the stick and the character moving, gotta kinda accomodate for that in combat.

Graphics vary from lovely to full of low framerate tbh, indoors isnt too bad but Majula slows right down at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

krudler wrote: »
    Wife her.

Did anyone get in the coffin by the shore in the tutorial? it seems to have undone my character, or made me younger or something? I had a beard, now I'm sans beard.

It changes your sex :P

I must have completely missed the armoured giants area, where is it? :D

OdgeXD wrote: »
    It changes your sex :P

I must have completely missed the armoured giants area, where is it? :D

It's proper name is "Heide's Tower" but it reminded me of Anor Londo because of the big armoured giant guys. You can reach it from the bonfire in Majula. It's one of the 3 or 4 paths you have available at the start.

I'm trying to figure out how to drop it in the nest?? :P

select an item in the inventory and choose "leave"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Something tells me that I'm not supposed to be able to kill those
    2 Troll things by the water?
    Or maybe i'm just **** :o

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »

I got them but i used all my throwing knives

Mr Blobby wrote: »

I tried to kill em at the start too. You are woefully undergeared for it but I felt like I had to accept the challenge. :P
    I lured the first guy to the edge and he fell off. Easy souls. The second guy wouldn't fall off the edge so I fought him conventionally. He killed me 5 or 6 times before I got the pattern down. Just wait from him to flop on his back and stab him a few times. Rinse repeat. Just takes patience.

I am assuming that Heides Flame place is not the 1st place you are supposed to go after the hub area?

Also looks very similar to Anor Londo!

I am assuming that Heides Flame place is not the 1st place you are supposed to go after the hub area?

Also looks very similar to Anor Londo!

Its the first place I went. They hit like a truck but they are slow so you can avoid the strikes.

Funny seeing all the bloodstains around the big well/hole thing in Majula.

Crazy how many signs/bloodstains and summon signs are around, joys of being on the same level as everyone else day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Kirby wrote: »
    I tried to kill em at the start too. You are woefully undergeared for it but I felt like I had to accept the challenge. :P
    I lured the first guy to the edge and he fell off. Easy souls. The second guy wouldn't fall off the edge so I fought him conventionally. He killed me 5 or 6 times before I got the pattern down. Just wait from him to flop on his back and stab him a few times. Rinse repeat. Just takes patience.

Killed the ****ers :D
    Cheers!

I can't find this place at all. The options I see are to the forest, way blocked by the statue, underground was that's a dead end, the mansion and the tutorial area. What am I missing?

I can't find this place at all. The options I see are to the forest, way blocked by the statue, underground was that's a dead end, the mansion and the tutorial area. What am I missing?

Which place are you looking for?

Have headed for the forest of the giants or whatever it's called now, it's handy being able to warp in regards to leveling up as you always have to come bac to the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I was just 1 hair away from getting my ps3 controller air born and meet its fate in a wall. I guess its time to make a break after 8 hours so far.

Wasted about 20k souls and 2 Humanities
    That area where you get 3 skinny/tall knights boss.

This really makes me a bit worried about non respawning enemies now. I lost so many souls and in some areas stuff started not to spawn. At least in old games if I was ****, I could still kill stuff again and regain souls I lost.
    I am starting to find that if you got more then one enmy it starts to get almost impossible to kill stuff. I will mention controls again. I have encountered parts where I clearly hit an enemy, but my blow just went through and did not do any damage. Then enemies killing me with random animations.

Yo Shadow, that boss took me like 8 attempts but I tell you, once you figure it out it's not incredibly difficult

• Advertisement

it's handy being able to warp in regards to leveling up as you always have to come bac to the girl.

And nobody has mentioned her Irish accent yet. Half expect her to come out with something like "More souls? Deadly buzz" :D

Yo Shadow, that boss took me like 8 attempts but I tell you, once you figure it out it's not incredibly difficult

Its not even the boss that is biggest issue, I just get cought in stupid situations where boss gets a lucky blow and then I stupidly take estus flasks... To make it worse I died so many times on the way there thanks to fecking Zergling **** tactics by mobs.
    I will go there again, just got a bit pissed off after losing 20k souls and 2 humanities on nothing.

I noticed some stuff is now in limited supply to, you cant stack up on stuff anymore. when its gone its gone ladS?

Had a giant crow drop off a silver knight who destroyed me, bur when I went back he wasn't there :confused: Is that a random event? because I had been on that spot a few times and it didn't trigger.

Had a giant crow drop off a silver knight who destroyed me, bur when I went back he wasn't there :confused: Is that a random event? because I had been on that spot a few times and it didn't trigger.

Same m8, he just molested me and when I came back, he was gone.

Found that area, missed a hard to find lever :P Wreaking all in my Giant Club's path

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Just finished playing for the night before work in the morning. Really enjoying it so far. I've killed
    Ornstein
    Dragon Rider
    and
    The Last Giant
    so far and I'm currently wandering through the
    Wharf
    . Looking forward to spending Saturday and Sunday playing it.
    Same m8, he just molested me and when I came back, he was gone.

He appears again later on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Having an amazing time on this! Taking it very slowly...spent a lot of time just helping people beat the first boss, you can still do a boss you've killed if you're a phantom in another world. I don't mind about racing through, want to have a nice and lengthy first playthrough :) currently on
    The Pursuer, think I have an idea how to kill him as a co-op buddy shot the bolts right through my character, lol.

WORD OF ADVICE: Do NOT pick Explorer. The items seem elusive at first but the stats are awful, and I found it way too hard to play through the game, had to give it up after 2-3 hours in sheer frustration, and this is coming from a seasoned player.

I like how dying makes your hollow self look worse each time

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Having an amazing time on this! Taking it very slowly...spent a lot of time just helping people beat the first boss, you can still do a boss you've killed if you're a phantom in another world. I don't mind about racing through, want to have a nice and lengthy first playthrough :) currently on
    The Pursuer, think I have an idea how to kill him as a co-op buddy shot the bolts right through my character, lol.

WORD OF ADVICE: Do NOT pick Explorer. The items seem elusive at first but the stats are awful, and I found it way too hard to play through the game, had to give it up after 2-3 hours in sheer frustration, and this is coming from a seasoned player.

Yeah I picked him only to find the hood on sale very early on , same as you giving up now and restarting , the one thing was the pharros key that u need to get that stamina recovery ring but you can buy one for a measly 4k souls right where you need it, the key that is.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    I like how dying makes your hollow self look worse each time

I don't like the health penalty , it penalises you for being crap :(

Advertisement