Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

How do you repair your kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Good Video on Stats. 6minutes in and I already learned good stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How do you repair your kit?

Rest at a fire seems to do it, as does death.

Having some major problems getting past the areas after the Cardinal Tower area, gunna try the Heide area now, I fear DS is getting the better of me at the minute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Right I'm confused.

After getting a warning that my weapon could be at risk I go to the blacksmith to repair. Nothing to repair apparently.

Then tackle my second boss in at Heide's Run and during it my smicter breaks.. What am I supposed to do?

• Advertisement

There are a few different soapstones for being summoned , I have 2 now a small white and a normal one, I think the small one only lets you be summoned for a shorter period/number of enemies and has a different reward :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Feckin PM text comes in 30 mins after I get in.

No dark souls til tomorrow night so

tok9 wrote: »
    Right I'm confused.

After getting a warning that my weapon could be at risk I go to the blacksmith to repair. Nothing to repair apparently.

Then tackle my second boss in at Heide's Run and during it my smicter breaks.. What am I supposed to do?

Every time you go to bonfire your equipment repairs itself. Just have a loot at the line under your weapon in main screen. you will see it go down like a hp bar.
    Thing is they dialed up durability loss to 11 so stuff breaks very damn fast. I think they might be pushing on us to have more then one main weapon?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

calex71 wrote: »
    I don't like the health penalty , it penalises you for being crap :(

It's definitely stopped me rushing back to an area and being reckless, that place with the snoozing knight is probably the first semi difficult part. I'm liking not knowing where to go,tried a few areas and went back to others, the first playthrough is just the practice run anyway.

Tried out the Giants at Anor Londo esque place, one at a time I can handle but I seem very under powered to be there, so it seems I am at an impass.

Only using a shortsword which is pretty sucky.

• Advertisement

Every time you go to bonfire your equipment repairs itself. Just have a loot at the line under your weapon in main screen. you will see it go down like a hp bar.
    Thing is they dialed up durability loss to 11 so stuff breaks very damn fast. I think they might be pushing on us to have more then one main weapon?

I broke the first sword you get fairly early on, I already have swords with lightning and fire on them, maybe they made it so you dont need to farm titanite so much this time around, there was a lot of bollock acting with levelling up in the first game, especially when it came to getting slabs to make things +15.

The repair thing is odd, they want you to repair weapons by resting, therefore respawning, but doing that too much will make some enemies spawn less? giving you less things to blunt your weapons on lol

Little weird thing I've noticed. Around the bonfire in No-man's Wharf the FPS seems to go a way up.. seems faster than 30FPS

What do these Pharros Lockstones do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

What do these Pharros Lockstones do?
    There are certain wall panels it fits into. Basically treasure.

I would just like to say, the online in this game is FLAWLESS. As soon as the server overload had passed this morning, I've had nothing but joy playing co-op with others. Would still like to get invaded more though! Hasn't happened yet.

Having some major problems getting past the areas after the Cardinal Tower area, gunna try the Heide area now, I fear DS is getting the better of me at the minute :(
    Once you kill The Last Giant, just go for Heide's castle as you should be powerful. I couldn't be assed with The Pursuer right now, feels too tough. There are two bosses in Heide that are reasonable. Wait until you see one of them though...say no more ;)

Cydoniac wrote: »
    There are certain wall panels it fits into. Basically treasure.

I would just like to say, the online in this game is FLAWLESS. As soon as the server overload had passed this morning, I've had nothing but joy playing co-op with others. Would still like to get invaded more though! Hasn't happened yet.

Ha I know , same here and I am itching to try out my white ring on some fool invader !!!!! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

**** this ****ing game.

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just picked up my copy from PM. The Black Armour Edition is gorgeous, love the little metal plate that comes with it.

And now: Here. We. Go!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Getting on the best,
    just merked the wharf, got my pyro glove and own a pirate ship 8-)

Kiith wrote: »
    **** this ****ing game.

:(
    Do you need help?
    OdgeXD wrote: »
    Getting on the best, just merked the wharf, got my pyro glove and own a pirate ship 8-)
    SPOILERS!!! Please keep that info in boxes.

• Advertisement

It was a slow enough day for me, didn't get very far as I got stuck being unsure where to go, felt I was finally making progress though near the end.

Got the key to the Mansion and have made my way well into the Forest of Fallen Giants, get the feeling I'm just before the boss in that area, can't wait to get properly stuck in tomorrow!!

That 3rd Estus Flask really is essential to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh Lord. I think I entered new blight town. Turned right the funk around

Woohoo got some jolly cooperation going on and killed the first (i think) boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Just got the Dragon Sword by taking the Red dragons tail off on the bridge. Took a lot of arrows. Makes the game easier, way better sword !!

I fecking give up. I can't kill those 3 assholes. It's like they got hot coded in to them to do that ****y jump when I try to use,healing items. I wasted in total around 40k souls on them already. I am sick of it. Spent 3 hours on that spot already. I did 7 runs already with nothing spawning in there already.

Gotta say im really enjoying the game now. It's way more open than dark souls with at least 3 different paths available at any one time. I have been using nothing in my off hand for a long time now. Anyone know who to activate power stance with dual wielding

Right.. so I've killed 3 bosses now.

1 in the forrest and 2 around Heide's Tower. A few of ye were saying there is a third path around Majula but I can't seem to find it at all. I found the path where you can't progress but that's all.

Just wondering where to go next as I wasn't a major fan of No man's Wharf

I fecking give up. I can't kill those 3 assholes. It's like they got hot coded in to them to do that ****y jump when I try to use,healing items. I wasted in total around 40k souls on them already. I am sick of it. Spent 3 hours on that spot already. I did 7 runs already with nothing spawning in there already.

Just beat those guys at SL46 and a +3 rapier if that's any indication of what stats u need. I fought them about 5 times almost beating them on my first attempt by my sword broke lol. Came back and beat them after I cleared out another area and gained more power. U kill the first 1 up on the ledge then wait for the second do a bit of dog then drop down right. You gotta be patient as **** in the fight and wait for a clear and easy strike

tok9 wrote: »
    Right.. so I've killed 3 bosses now.

1 in the forrest and 2 around Heide's Tower. A few of ye were saying there is a third path around Majula but I can't seem to find it at all. I found the path where you can't progress but that's all.

Just wondering where to go next as I wasn't a major fan of No man's Wharf

The forest boss drops a key that opens a bunch of doors around the cardinal tower bonfire. One of the doors leads on into another area

• Advertisement

Right I'll have a look around there again

Advertisement