Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

This ****ing game , its demons souls and dark souls all over again

Got it today around 11:30am , nearly 8 hours played in one day.

Took out 2 bosses already and currently in trouble with the one I am fightning now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

eddhorse wrote: »
    Just got the Dragon Sword by taking the Red dragons tail off on the bridge. Took a lot of arrows. Makes the game easier, way better sword !!

Is that a Drake Sword 2.0 type weapon?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Bastille boss is ending me, there's no safe ****ing window to hit

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just killed those 3 assholes!!!! ****!!!!!!! Suited that cleric phantom.this time he survived long enough for me to kill second dude. Last dude on his own was piss easy.

God Damn dark souls!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Was kind of annoyed at the poor graphics at the start, but damn, this game is awesome!!

• Advertisement

Finally killed it -_- Think that's 7/8 bosses today D: May be time to give it a rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Just entered
    No Man's Wharf
    now. Tough enemies here.

(guys remember to keep things in spoiler boxes. Love following the convo but don't want bits ruined!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm done for the day. Did a bit of co-op and was utterly useless as usual. I've seen three bosses now but I've only taken out 1 so far. Slow going but I'm enjoying it :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm done for the day. Did a bit of co-op and was utterly useless as usual. I've seen three bosses now but I've only taken out 1 so far. Slow going but I'm enjoying it :)
    Co-op is so flawless in this game! Love it to bits. Even better you can repeat bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That's me done for the night too.

Finished off 4 bosses plus 2 more in co op and onto The Lost Bastille area tomorrow.

Just on spoilers, I'm going to assume it's okay to name an area like I have above. It gives other players a rough idea of where I am while at the same time not spoiling anything about the area to people who haven't got there yet.

• Advertisement

Is it me or Majula feels like silent Hill ( 2 at that) ? That Damn background theme is creepy as ****!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wish I could find some more miracles for my faith build. I want some fancy spells but instead all I have is heal.

Good grief..the developers of this game are ****ing twisted. The area I'm in...never seen anything like it D:

Just wasted 14k souls on that Damn cat ring... :pac:

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wish I could find some more miracles for my faith build. I want some fancy spells but instead all I have is heal.
    You can buy more from one or two characters, they're not far in the game and you see them after bosses.
    If I remember correctly one of them is just after Dragonrider.

I've got like 5 faith/int right now so I doubt I'm ever going to use magic as anything more than a diversion.
    krudler wrote: »
    Woohoo got some jolly cooperation going on and killed the first (i think) boss.
    I love how there are always like 10 summons outside boss spots at the moment. Great buzz in every area. I've enjoyed killing the same boss a few times just for fun with a few players.

11h15min and level 51. Time to call it a day.

Downed 3 bosses and working my way in 4th area. I was a bit distracted by a great spot for soul farming. 1700 souls per creature. I can't resist that!
    Finally got myself a very nice heavy armour. It was hidden very sneakily. Best thing is I can wear it with 63% load right now! I really like the new equipment load system, though it is a bit **** for light armour users.

14:25 SL73 wrecking **** with a large club. Think I've downed 7/8 bosses but I've lost count honestly. Game is too good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Downed 3 bosses and working my way in 4th area. I was a bit distracted by a great spot for soul farming. 1700 souls per creature. I can't resist that!
    Finally got myself a very nice heavy armour. It was hidden very sneakily. Best thing is I can wear it with 63% load right now! I really like the new equipment load system, though it is a bit **** for light armour users.

Can you spoiler the farming area?

Agreed on equip load, no more nitpicking so you don't 'jump' from light to heavy rolls. I think the battle system in general is much improved. It feels 'heavier' and more realistic, and fighting enemies is no longer the backstab/riposte spam it tended to be in Dark Souls. Enemies are fairly smart this time around...I've been tricked a few times! You really appreciate those backstabs too, now that the window is smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just wasted 14k souls on that Damn cat ring... :pac:

Was saving for that cat ring but got killed in
    Majula - behind the gate and over powered. Racing back bit too over confident and the git with the firebombs weakened me and next thing there's a
    spear in my chest. Lost it freakin all :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Really spent the day yesterday learning the ropes again and getting punished for my choice of start character, fresh start today for me.

One thing I really missed was a bow, could have made life easier for me in some parts if i had been able to pull enemies with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Managed to pick up Black Armour edition in gamestop for the 360 yesterday evening, the last one. Very pleased they still had one. Managed to get a few hours in playing. Taking things very slowly and have only found 1 boss so far, and only wandered in once. Spent ages trying to kill a fire lobbing snake head or something in a cave near a fire sword. Have a sorcerer build, and not overly enamoured with it. Need to find some more powerful spells I think. Also, starting strength of 3 is a real pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Woke up early so played a bit more. Another couple bosses down. The two sided guy on the pirate ship and the three iron swordsman guys.

Spears kinda suck tbh. They do no damage at all. I wont be using them like I did in ds1. I am using a fire sword +5 and the blacksmiths hammer at the moment. Dealing tons of damage. Feel godly. I have a lighting sword but dont like the moveset so ive shelved it for now.

Im level 75 now. Strength and endurance is what im pumping with small bits of dex and vitality in between. Need the vitality to keep my equipment load low enough to wear the cool armour.....and to have two weapons equiped. They break so fast you really do need two on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Four bosses down now, along with 60k souls already lost to one of the bosses at the tower of flame. Was having too much fun doing cooperation, then got too cocky once i went in myself!

Has anyone been down the hole in Majula? You need the cat ring, and even then it's tricky. I died more than a couple of times at what I assume is a trap / boss room!
    Rats, rats everywhere!

Also, i assume Pharos lockstones disables / enables traps? I used one in Cardinal Tower where you meet Pate. Did anyone try that part without using one, and if so, what was it like?

chickenboy wrote: »
    Also, i assume Pharos lockstones disables / enables traps? I used one in Cardinal Tower where you meet Pate. Did anyone try that part without using one, and if so, what was it like?

It enables a breakable wall there with
    2 chests one has a titanite the other a stamina recovery ring.

Edit: we might be talking about 2 different parts in the same area here? After you talk to pate you get locked in that area I died and couldnt get back in so had to in where the catapults are, the lock im thinking of is just below them if you drop down.

Also I've noticed that some locked doors if bashed will trigger enemies to open them from the other side..... that didn't end well ..... more than once :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Had a giant crow drop off a silver knight who destroyed me, bur when I went back he wasn't there :confused: Is that a random event? because I had been on that spot a few times and it didn't trigger.

Happened to me aswel, it turns out that (minor boss spoiler I guess)
    The Pursuer
    can be an optional encounter at that spot. I'm not sure what happens later if you kill him there, because I got destroyed by a sneaky hollow just as he landed!

calex71 wrote: »
    It enables a breakable wall there with
    2 chests one has a titanite the other a stamina recovery ring.

Edit: we might be talking about 2 different parts in the same area here? After you talk to pate you get locked in that area I died and couldnt get back in so had to in where the catapults are, the lock im thinking of is just below them if you drop down.

Also I've noticed that some locked doors if bashed will trigger enemies to open them from the other side..... that didn't end well ..... more than once :D

Yup, that's where I'm talking about. Sounds like it's time to head back and find me a breakable wall! :)

chickenboy wrote: »
    Yup, that's where I'm talking about. Sounds like it's time to head back and find me a breakable wall! :)

it should have been to the left on the same wall as the switch, it would be fairly obvious when you used the key, it glowed blue I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Whats the story with the contraption in Majula that doesnt move? I thought it might need one of those Pharos stones but that didn't work

Advertisement