Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ Dunno ever time I tried to burn an effigy it says you can't at that bonfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

krudler wrote: »
    ^ Dunno ever time I tried to burn an effigy it says you can't at that bonfire.

I though I needed to burn it to get humanity back so I used on one of the bonfires. Instead of humanity it gave a buff for that area, that none can invade it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anyone who has made it to the Soldiers Rest bonfire in the area you can unlock after killing
    The Last Giant
    is that just a random area to pick up loot or does it lead somewhere? It seems a maze to me and not sure if I've gone everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Only managed two boss kills so far today and found another two bosses, attempted both and got ganked twice. Running low on effigies so it may be time to stop D:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone who has made it to the Soldiers Rest bonfire in the area you can unlock after killing
    The Last Giant
    is that just a random area to pick up loot or does it lead somewhere? It seems a maze to me and not sure if I've gone everywhere.

It doesn't go anywhere at the moment. You should have the soldier's key which opens a few doors in the forest area.

Loving the game although it is easy going so far however I hear from a good source the difficulty spikes up in the 2nd half and towards the end of the game quite a bit which is good news. It makes sense they tone down the first few areas and bosses to get new players in so hopefully the balance is right by the end.

They really have done a great job sorting the online side of things. Have done a lot of co-op using the small white soap stone in Heides and The Lost Bastille and loved it so going to keep up the trend. However I joined the Blue Sentinels and haven't been summoned to help a single person yet which is disappointing as I've had the ring on for hours and I haven't been invaded myself either.

Won't get to play over the next two days which is going to be a killer! :(

• Advertisement

****ing dammit, this area is hard as balls and the boss is even worse. Good luck when you get here chaps.
    spiders man, spiders everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

OdgeXD wrote: »
    ****ing dammit, this area is hard as balls and the boss is even worse. Good luck when you get here chaps.
    spiders man, spiders everywhere

Beat it. Hehe. They hit like a truck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Haven't had chance to play since last night. Ended up getting dragged outside today, because I was told "its a lovely day lets go outside".

Praising the real Sun sucks.. :pac:

Beat it. Hehe. They hit like a truck

I've tried the boss once so far, gonna be fun figuring this fight out :pac:

Just wondering what weapons people are using the early game?

I have a +4 Rapier which I'm not a big fan of move set wise so have moved to a +2 Falchion hopefully can upgrade that and do a bit of damage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm so sick of stupid white phantoms with pursuer. Every time I'm about to take him out one of them gets the bright idea to jump on the ballista and ends up killing me. This is the fifth time so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm so sick of stupid white phantoms with pursuer. Every time I'm about to take him out one of them gets the bright idea to jump on the ballista and ends up killing me. This is the fifth time so far.

I think it's a hilarious trolling opportunity :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/q7h1q99yjt89ag2/o87RGm7-lA

Ruh roh...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I caved and bought it :D

Not allowed play until I beat Manus though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well after spending about an hour or so trying to beat the boss in The lost bastille I gave up and decided to go back to No man's wharf which went surprisingly well.

Beat the boss in one go.

Anyone looking for a tip going through the area.. I highly recommend using a
    torch

Bloody rats :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Happened me my 1st time killed both of us, to be fair though at that point of the game it really is the way to kill him, 2 or 3 shots will but him down for a nice ring from him and a nice set of armor and weapons up ahead.

Actually did anyone manage to take him out on the earlier encounter? does he come back here for a second fight or is the way clear????

calex71 wrote: »
    Happened me my 1st time killed both of us, to be fair though at that point of the game it really is the way to kill him, 2 or 3 shots will but him down for a nice ring from him and a nice set of armor and weapons up ahead.

Actually did anyone manage to take him out on the earlier encounter? does he come back here for a second fight or is the way clear????

When the bird drops him off? he didnt respawn there for me anyway

krudler wrote: »
    When the bird drops him off? he didnt respawn there for me anyway

Yeah I don't think he will respawn there by second fight i meant the boss fight sorry wasn't clear, you get one chance at him there as far as I know and likely die , was just curious to know if you took him out there would he be a boss battle later because he doesn't have a boss health bar on that encounter be nice if there was a chance of extra loot if you got him down there.

Before I abandoned my 1st character I murdered Pate and plan on going back and killing a few others to see what they have but Pate did have something very interesting
    Ring of thorns - when damage is taken the ring retaliates and inflicts damage toward the perpetrator

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ha, when he dropped for me I said I'd fight him.. after seeing him move around I just decided to get out of there :P

Think he leaves once you hop down.

Also.. anyone else get a sex change? :P

• Advertisement

Old Dragon Slayer was a nice surprise!!
    Orstein!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Old Dragon Slayer was a nice surprise!!
    Orstein!!!

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

calex71 wrote: »

I ran away from him. He teleports away. It's just a teaser.

As a boss he isn't too bad once you figure him out and avoid trolls
    bait him to do his rush forward attack. You can dodge it easily by rolling towards him at the last second.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Didn't get any good time to have a proper go yet, tonight will be a late one! 1st off Majula is beautiful. Hope you can setup a house there at some point, start a veg patch and retire on the golden coast just praising the sun.

I started as a Knight because of high adaptability, I have a feeling that stay is gonna be important. My poise is so bad, a few hits on my shield and my guy goes into a slow mo stagger back. Tried rolling instead of shielding and get hit when im full sure I dodged it.

I think its brilliant how the mechanics have slightly changed, means we're all noobs again.

I honestly thought id be cruising through this but I have died an unreal amount of times a d im only at the sleeping Knight in the first :( was also sickened to see my epic white beard fall out, need to get my humanity back!

What class did everyone pick at the start?

Just looking to check my own feeling on this one, I'm at the The Lost Bastille entered via nest after pursuer, after the starting bonfire and an L shaped walk way with a few dogs and guys with scythes, at the end I am met with a locked gate and a larger one with a switch on the other side, I think I may have come at this from the wrong side as all the enemies have their backs to me.

Edit: Never mind I found a way in

I went cleric. I raised my strength to wield larger weapons but my starting mace is just far better and even out classes them for damage since its a b scale for strength. Not switched from it since, even the flames word is rubbish in comparison. I need to raise my faith a bit more to start using the more interesting miracles. I'm currently dreaming of a divine mace :)

I went for the Bandit. Mostly because the bow comes in handy for drawing out enemies and you start with a nice bit of dex, which is how I intend to roll with this playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cleric id say will be very interesting with the higher level spells. I was tempted by the bandit class for the bow and arrow alone, a few times it would have come in very handy so far!

I got the morning star in majula but can't use it yet.

At the opening menu what the heck is the purpose of the "Information" option?

• Advertisement

Two more bosses down, a bit stumped as to what I should be doing now.

Advertisement