Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Just finished one of the most heart racing moments with the boss
    Ruin Sententials, Sick fcukers over at from software thought fightning ornstein and smough was not enough in Dark Souls 1 they added an extra 1 to that and make you fight 3 in this :O.
    in The Lost Bastille. Taken a well needed break after that , felt like going a round with mike tyson

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Aw noooo, it's a Blightown type area :(

Find it odd how restrictive the platforms are, you cant just roll off some of the ones with ladders anymore, even ones that are safe to fall off, that'll impede speed runners

What'd people make of the tutorial/Things Betwixt? I thought being able to light the torches was a good touch, least noobs would have some sense of direction, although in typical DS fashion it doesn't tell you how to do this until almost the end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How long should I stay hollowed for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Having never played this before **** me I'm lost..everything that 'safe' in games doesn't apply here.. I can see why it's brilliant though..it will just take patience and practise..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Is there any reason why I can't put down my white sign soapstone? I'm human and have defeated the areas bosses (Heides)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jesus Christ this game........hahahahaha I can't get past the big troll guy near the house at the start of the game with the 3 old hags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is there any reason why I can't put down my white sign soapstone? I'm human and have defeated the areas bosses (Heides)

I've had that a lot, I think it bugs if you are summoned and it fails , quiting to the title and reloading solves it.

Jesus Christ this game........hahahahaha I can't get past the big troll guy near the house at the start of the game with the 3 old hags

Just grab the pine resin and leg it :pac:

calex71 wrote: »
    I've had that a lot, I think it bugs if you are summoned and it fails , quiting to the title and reloading solves it.

That sounds like what could have happened alright.

Just checked, that hasn't fixed it...hmm :( No jolly cooperation for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Found boss 4 and 5. Both wiped floors with me. Decided to stick to the one in Sinners Rise. Used Damn effigy and one phantom. When I got to a boss phantom decided to feck off! I was going back and got killed by fecking jumpy boomy *****! So that was a useful waste of humanity...

Now just a little tip - when you just get sick of dying and have nothing to lose. Just try some stupid tactic. I did it on that stupid boss and it mourns out my stupid tactic was his weakness... After countless times of dying I killed him from third try with my stupid tactic...

brady12 wrote: »
    Having never played this before **** me I'm lost..everything that 'safe' in games doesn't apply here.. I can see why it's brilliant though..it will just take patience and practise..

Patience is key, as tempting as it is to try leg it back to collect any souls is, don't cos dying on the way to get them is even worse. And like the old woman in the opening says, you'll lose them again and again and again. A few thousand souls is nothing later on in the game, the first time you lose 50k or even more of them, now that's a hurt only DS players know :pac:

Has anyone fought the rat boss yet? christ that was annoying, I don't think I was supposed to be in that area yet though I just sorta bumbled my way into it :pac:

I'm definitely not feeling the same sense of I dunno ,desparation and challenge as the first game, but that's probably more to do with familarity of the mechanics and stuff like that.

Dunno why anyone would want to leave Majula either, can get a tan, nice view, there's other people around, few pigs to munch on if you get hungry, be grand.

In No Man's Wharf with 16k souls and no idea when the net bonfire is coming, can definitely feel the desperation!!

Also those things that cause bleeds are *****!

On a fun side note I found out today that one of the directors was the guy who did the design for resident evil outbreak , kind of blew my mind open

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Alright that's it for the night. Pissed off I wasted my twinkling titinite since I'm using the black knight ultra greatsword as my main weapon now. Only killed three bosses today and still have no idea of my progress through it all. For those of you saying it's easy etc..well it gets a lot more difficult as you go on I can say. I'm stumped and the only way I know I can go has a boss I don't feel like trying to beat tonight :P A good day in all I spose

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

I'm guessing I'm not the only one having problems summoning or being summoned tonight?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Been playing for a couple of hours now. Ran straight through Majula into the forest of the giants not realising
    all the stuff I bypassed, just got back there now and got the estus flask, learned how to level up and joined the blue sentinels covenant
    . Not a clue what i'm at though,
    I'm guessing the forest is the right way to start off with though.

Not figured out summoning or anything yet.

Well that's great, my whole equipment went from fully repaired to zero. I have to pay to repair it. How much are the rings to repair you might ask? Well in total about 25k souls. I had to put away two rings as I can't afford to repair them now.
    How the hell the durability works on this game?!

Well that's great, my whole equipment went from fully repaired to zero. I have to pay to repair it. How much are the rings to repair you might ask? Well in total about 25k souls. I had to put away two rings as I can't afford to repair them now.

If you rest at a bonfire your equip automatically repairs

As long as they are not broken by the time which they show a red indicator under your weapon slot when you are equipped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

As you take damage armour and rings will degrade. When you rest or die it goes back to full durability. If you bring it down to zero durability it breaks then it must be repaired. Only need to repair **** if it breaks. Little Red bars under your weapons on the hud show dura as well as the actual number on the item info. I broke one of my rings in the rat cave from standing on acid. Cos me 12000 souls.

Cheers lads. Looks like it was acid for me too.

Acid almost instantly makes your gear go bust. 10k more souls to go ffs. I am stuck in area where I am getting one shoted by enemies too. This is going to be fun...

Flexile Sentry
    was a really cool boss design, got him on 1 attempt :D

Was also wondering when the
    pyromancy flame
    was going to show up!

Onward to some new place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Seem to be a little bit stuck again.

The only boss I seem to be able to find is the one in Sinners Rise and I struggling on him. Beat him in co op but I want to beat all the bosses in my game by myself.

Is there anything in Soldier's rest? Seemed like a dead end to me. Interesting too as that was part of the demo.

Little surprised I've only beat 1 boss in No Man's Wharf and only have 1 bonfire there so maybe I'm missing something there.

tok9 wrote: »
    Seem to be a little bit stuck again.

The only boss I seem to be able to find is the one in Sinners Rise and I struggling on him. Beat him in co op but I want to beat all the bosses in my game by myself.

Is there anything in Soldier's rest? Seemed like a dead end to me. Interesting too as that was part of the demo.

Little surprised I've only beat 1 boss in No Man's Wharf and only have 1 bonfire there so maybe I'm missing something there.

Have gone through both those areas pretty extensively today and found not much else then the obvious. Found 1 boss in each.

Apparently
    if you get the ring that reduces fall damage and you have enough health you can drop down the hole in Majula and it brings you to new areas.

Can confirm it leads to a new area, assuming it's the one with the damn rats. There is also another area you can drop to, dunno what it's called but some dude ran at me and body slammed the floor and blew up, thus killing me.

So back to the Bastille I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I went back on just to unlock
    Hunter's Copse
    Think I'm a little op for the area, anyone else been there?

I used my last effigy :'(

Ha I'm taking every cheap win I can get in this game , Dragon rider after him knocking me over the edge numerous times the last time as I killed him voiding the victory I noticed I could see him from the switch on the way back to him , back to the smith I go for some arrows :D

80 or so arrows later he put up his shield and showed interest in me, when I ran down through the fog 1 hit was all it took :cool:

In No Man's Wharf with 16k souls and no idea when the net bonfire is coming, can definitely feel the desperation!!

Also those things that cause bleeds are *****!

They're afraid of fire, use a torch and they back away, lob firebombs too. Be wary with the torch though if those bigger hollow guys lob oil at you it sets you alight and ain't nobody got time for that.

You can light up the whole place too if you have a Pharos' stone, its not far into the level go up the stone stairs after you see the first long armed thing, hang a right past a dog and right again the symbol is on the ground. spares you using a torch for the level.

Have gone through both those areas pretty extensively today and found not much else then the obvious. Found 1 boss in each.

Apparently
    if you get the ring that reduces fall damage and you have enough health you can drop down the hole in Majula and it brings you to new areas.

Can confirm it leads to a new area, assuming it's the one with the damn rats. There is also another area you can drop to, dunno what it's called but some dude ran at me and body slammed the floor and blew up, thus killing me.

So back to the Bastille I go!

That's where I was earlier, tanked up and not able to move from those fast fcukers, the next area is basically Blightown 2, it's awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

OdgeXD wrote: »
    I went back on just to unlock
    Hunter's Copse
    Think I'm a little op for the area, anyone else been there?

I used my last effigy :'(

Also missed this area. It's easy to miss considering the path up their goes unused once you like the bonfire in Heide's Tower. Slightly over leveled for it but it gets a bit harder further on. Lots of pvp here also for some reason. Got invaded 5 times total

Edit - stupid phone and it's word prediction

Advertisement