Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Someone please spolier me and tell me, there is surely another bonfire other then the one after you get off the ship at the Bastille? Or a shortcut at least?

**** you Sentinels

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Also missed this area. It's easy to miss considering the path up their goes unused once you like the bonfire in Heide's Tower. Slightly over leveled for it but it gets a bit harder further on. Lots of pvp here also for some reason. Got invaded 5 times total

Edit - stupid phone and it's word prediction

Where's this?

I havent been invaded once yet am kinda disappointed lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Someone please spolier me and tell me, there is surely another bonfire other then the one after you get off the ship at the Bastille? Or a shortcut at least?

**** you Sentinels
    Go down a little further and move the barrel that will blow up the wall it unlocks the hidden area to a bonfire, also the door that leads to a pit is a shortcut you can drop down to by turning in the corner where the dog was chewing on the dead body with the loot you can take

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How the hell do you reverse hollow? the effegies just block invaders apparently. I can't help but notice I have less and less HP as I go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

**** you Sentinels

How are people getting to the bastille? It was the 2nd area I got to after the forest of fallen giants, through the nest. the ship you mention is not somethign I've seen. I mentioned earlier all the enemies had their backs to me so I guessI took the back door :o

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How the hell do you reverse hollow? the effegies just block invaders apparently. I can't help but notice I have less and less HP as I go on.

Use them from the inventory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

calex71 wrote: »
    How are people getting to the bastille? It was the 2nd area I got to after the forest of fallen giants, through the nest. the ship you mention is not somethign I've seen. I mentioned earlier all the enemies had their backs to me so I guessI took the back door :o

Ya that's how I got there but you can get there from the No Man's Wharf area also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I think it was very smart of myself making a boob joke in the message saying amazing chest to the girl you lvl up with

effigys are just flying in my pocket :L

You can get there after you kill
    The Pursuer
    which I have just now realised.

You can also get there via
    No Man's Wharf (which is the boat way
    which you can get to after if memory serves me right
    the area in Heide's after you kill the Dragonrider

You can get there after you kill
    The Pursuer
    which I have just now realised.

You can also get there via
    No Man's Wharf (which is the boat way
    which you can get to after I think
    the area in Heide's after out kill the Dragonrider

AH ok I got there too early so, getting swarmed by 5 or 6 goons at the same time going the nest route was not fun :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Only got to mandula. Nice music, met the ds2 version of crestfallen warrior joined the blue covenant.

I next went to some tower of increasingly difficult large knights, killed three of them but next area had another three at once so I ran past them to my first boss.

Dragon rider, he destroyed me an shoved me off the ledge for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

I thought the same thing, i came in via the pursuer way.

F*ck
    the three sentinels. magic ooze on a weapon seems to be the way forward. I can kill off one of them and then i get stomped.

Having some real problems with The Pursuer, think online is a bit messed up, not seeing any summon signs at all :(

I don't really know how online works but if anyone is on PS3 could use some help on this mofo. I'm level 48 if that's relevant. Just don't have the stamina to handle him.

Oh my daaaaaays, just got him on my next attempt :D

Mickeroo wrote: »

Just use the human effigy as you would a normal item, turns you human yu dont need to be at a bonfire anymore

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Use them from the inventory

ah balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Having some real problems with The Pursuer, think online is a bit messed up, not seeing any summon signs at all :(

I don't really know how online works but if anyone is on PS3 could use some help on this mofo. I'm level 48 if that's relevant. Just don't have the stamina to handle him.

Dodge towards him and to the right for EVERYTHING he does. Less chance for sword to clip you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

krudler wrote: »
    Where's this?

I havent been invaded once yet am kinda disappointed lol

From Majula walk towards Heide's Tower area. If you spoke to the miracles woman that was in Heide's tower you should meet up with her along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did a very stupid thing. I panicked and killed someone I should not have killed... That someone is the npc phantom that I should be able to spawn too for boss battle I am stuck with.

I really hate all bosses,which are half hot babe and insect in dark souls franchise. Those are always are very ****y fights :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

How do you leave messages? I'm about 5 bosses in and still don't know. Could do with the human effigy boost!

the Wharf boss was piss easy, I havent really settled on a build yet, i might reassign my stats and start over

• Advertisement

How do you leave messages? I'm about 5 bosses in and still don't know. Could do with the human effigy boost!

press start and go over to where you'd quit out of the game its to the left, i prefer the orange stone method from the last game myself

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Just click start and it's the second to last option; they don't give you humanity if they're rated, I think they add a bit of health if you're short.

I've gone for a Dex build but just found the Drangleic Sword in the Pursuer area and it seems like it could be very good, 186 base damage scaled C with strength and B with dex. But it requires 25 str and 20 dex, I don't have the str.

Has anyone used it?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I've gone for a Dex build but just found the Drangleic Sword in the Pursuer area and it seems like it could be very good, 186 base damage scaled C with strength and B with dex. But it requires 25 str and 20 dex, I don't have the str.

Has anyone used it?

I got it to +3 and it served me well but don't use it so much now. If you want a greatsword it's the best I've found so far. It's better for certain fights where the ultra greatswords/giant club are just too slow.

Has anyone used it?

Sitting waiting in my inventory also :(

On that topic, in dark souls 1 you could two hand some things to by-pass the "you are not strong enough etc" how does it work here? I guess the old rule of thumb still works, how many swings can you get two handed and a do a roll before you run out of puff :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

chickenboy wrote: »
    Just click start and it's the second to last option; they don't give you humanity if they're rated, I think they add a bit of health if you're short.
    krudler wrote: »
    press start and go over to where you'd quit out of the game its to the left, i prefer the orange stone method from the last game myself

Ah feck, cheers.

I've been pumping my stamina, HP, DEX and STR so far. Went for a DEX build really so can anyone recommend a weapon?

Sitting waiting in my inventory also :(

On that topic, in dark souls 1 you could two hand some things to by-pass the "you are not strong enough etc" how does it work here? I guess the old rule of thumb still works, how many swings can you get two handed and a do a roll before you run out of puff :confused:

3 two handed swings, then roll :P It still works on the same principal I think, you can two-hand them when you're within a cetrain stat range of what's needed

Um, guys in Lost Bastille, entered area that requires key, entered a cage lift, now in an area with a bonfire that is blocked by a statue?? How the hell do I get it out of the way?!

So, looks like I have stumbled into Sinner's Rise haha Still baffled by the statue.

Um, guys in Lost Bastille, entered area that requires key, entered a cage lift, now in an area with a bonfire that is blocked by a statue?? How the hell do I get it out of the way?!

You need to get the item that reverses petrification. I forget the name though D:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Is the cracked blue eye orb bugged? It immediately says it can't find anyone no matter where I use it. Maybe there just aren't sinners in this game yet?

So, looks like I have stumbled into Sinner's Rise haha Still baffled by the statue.

Don't worry. You will come across an item that you can use. It's only one use so choose who you want to unpetrify. There are probably more in the world.

Advertisement