Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

And there go 60k souls... I cannot beat the boss in sinners rise

I've no human efency and no where else to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

tok9 wrote: »
    And there go 60k souls... I cannot beat the boss in sinners rise

I've no human efency and no where else to go.

Tip... have you noticed the side gates?

You can still get souls. Grab them when you enter the room, provoke him until he does a longer attack sequence, then dash away and have homeward bone ready.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got the ruined sentinels before I gave up for the night. Great fight. Miracles are paying off, once the two show up together I peppered one of them with lightning bolts, killed him as he jumped down from the platform after me. Last one was a case of keeping my shield and stamina up and taking my time.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Tip... have you noticed the side gates?

You can still get souls. Grab them when you enter the room, provoke him until he does a longer attack sequence, then dash away and have homeward bone ready.

Well those souls are gone now. Do you mean the gates before entering the battle as they are locked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So finishing day 2 of Dark Souls just before the fight with the Sentinels as cant be arsed with them yet.

Really enjoying it so far, probably as much as if not more than DS1.

Have about 4 areas open to me and the Sentinels to fight, looks like there is much left to do :D

Has anyone used the unpetrefy-ing item on the statue just off Majula? Where does that lead?

• Advertisement

Well those souls are gone now. Do you mean the gates before entering the battle as they are locked

In that case you should move on, you'll find the key on killing another boss that unlocks those doors.
    Side doors allow you to brighten the room. Make sure you have a 100% physical def shield, incredibly important.

Has anyone used the unpetrefy-ing item on the statue just off Majula? Where does that lead?

Yep! A new area :)

In that case you should move on, you'll find the key on killing another boss that unlocks those doors. I'm not 100% why, but those doors are important, otherwise the damage you do is pretty much nothing.
    Edit: the damage thing is in my head lol... it's too brighten the room. Make sure you have a 100% physical def shield, incredibly important.

I'm not sure where to go.

I've killed 1 in no mans, 1 in Bastille, 2 in heides and 1 in the forest I think.

Should I just farm and get the ring to jump down the hole in majula?

I'm not sure where to go.

I've killed 1 in no mans, 1 in Bastille, 2 in heides and 2 in the forest I think.

Should I just farm and get the ring to jump down the hole in majula?
    You might want to use a lockstone somewhere in the bastille... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hah was all geared up for a fight with Dragonrider, when he lunged his way off the side of the arena :pac: Easiest souls ever!

Where does one purchase new spells?

Hah was all geared up for a fight with Dragonrider, when he lunged his way off the side of the arena :pac: Easiest souls ever!

Where does one purchase new spells?

There are a few NPCs throughout the world. One thing I found odd compared to DS is how much more spread out these NPCs are. I wonder how speed runners are handling it? Still haven't seen Power Within, I dunno if it's gonna be in the game or not.

• Advertisement

You might want to use a lockstone somewhere in the bastille... :)

I did in one place.. where it opened 2 invisible walls... don't think I got anywhere in particular with it though... and I've no lockstones left :P

How do I get human effigy other than finding them around the place?

I did in one place.. where it opened 2 invisible walls... don't think I got anywhere in particular with it though... and I've no lockstones left :P

How do I get human effigy other than finding them around the place?
    if you use the lockstone below the Servants Quartets bonfire, it leads to a new area. That's where you can get the key.

Effigies do drop, they're uncommon though. You can use a coin to increase luck. Malentia has a limited number to sell at 1500 each. Alternatively, if you have a friend playing the game, they can drop it on the ground for you.

if you use the lockstone below the Servants Quartets bonfire, it leads to a new area. That's where you can get the key.

Effigies do drop, they're uncommon though. You can use a coin to increase luck. Malentia has a limited number to sell at 1500 each. Alternatively, if you have a friend playing the game, they can drop it on the ground for you.

Sound Cydoniac.. I probably should have looked around a bit more. I literally just found the area you are talking about.

Unfortunately I'm hollow, 30% health gone, no lockstone and no effigy so I'm currently in a bit of bother.

Also.. I bought those ones for 1500 earlier in the game.

The only consistent drop I know of for effigies
    are skeletons in poison pool. Failing that, dogs in the Bastille, from the tower bonfire, go forward and go the left, run past them to the ladder across and push the ladder down. Make sure you talked to Malentia as she gives a ring to regular shoppers that's amazing for extra souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Sound Cydoniac.. I probably should have looked around a bit more. I literally just found the area you are talking about.

Unfortunately I'm hollow, 30% health gone, no lockstone and no effigy so I'm currently in a bit of bother.

Also.. I bought those ones for 1500 earlier in the game.

There is another area you have missed, as i think alot of people have missed. Content feels around the same level as The Bastille in terms of difficulty
    From Maluja fire head towards the Heide Tower. Remember that contraption on the way that didn't work? Well the priestess NPC that was in Heide works it and opens up a new path for you for 2k souls.

That boss your talking about is very VERY tough if you fight him without doing the trick. Funny thing is i beat him without knowing about the trick.
    I had a torch in my offhand for my 5th or so attempt and i noticed he was missing lot more of his strikes and not dodging about as much. Got the key for the two side doors after defeating him :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Beaten the Last Giant and the Pursuer (ballistas made that one a bit too easy imo), done for the night now. Enjoying it so far though I'm not finding it particularly difficult yet.

Love how quickly I'm getting summoned the whole time, and vise verse, used to having to wait around for ages in the first game. Disappointed with not getting invaded at all yet though.

How many covenants have folks come across yet? I've been keeping eye out for the sunlight alter but no sign yet. Only found the 2 in majula yet, joined Victor's covenant but left it once I realised what the deal with it is so I'm in the way of the blue now.

Gone with a dex build (swordsman) but beginning to wonder if I'll start a cleric since miracles are the one thing I've never really used in Demons or Dark Souls.

I do like how there seems to be more of an obvious plot in this one with plenty of NPCs and a nice big safe area to hang out in, it's more reminiscent of Demon's Souls in that regard. Looking forward to doing some more exploring tomorrow.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Beaten the Last Giant and the Pursuer (ballistas made that one a bit too easy imo), done for the night now. Enjoying it so far though I'm not finding it particularly difficult yet.

Love how quickly I'm getting summoned the whole time, and vise verse, used to having to wait around for ages in the first game. Disappointed with not getting invaded at all yet though.

How many covenants have folks come across yet? I've been keeping eye out for the sunlight alter but no sign yet. Only found the 2 in majula yet, joined Victor's covenant but left it once I realised what the deal with it is so I'm in the way of the blue now.

Gone with a dex build (swordsman) but beginning to wonder if I'll start a cleric since miracles are the one thing I've never really used in Demons or Dark Souls.

I do like how there seems to be more of an obvious plot in this one with plenty of NPCs and a nice big safe area to hang out in, it's more reminiscent of Demon's Souls in that regard. Looking forward to doing some more exploring tomorrow.

I didn't get invaded at all till i got to Huntsman Copse (beta area) Then i got invaded 5 times in a short period of time.

Covenants:
    There is a sunbro covenant, but its only the broken statue from the first game. No Solaire :( Also found what seems like an invader cov from the way the guy was talking but he wouldn't talk to me about it cause i dont think i used enough cracked red orbs
    so he had to die.
    Rat King Covenant also. Which I'm currently a member of. Its just troll city pvp

Wow that Irish guy in the Harvest area! Hes ****ing great. Calls the PC an eejit. Hope he goes back to Majula :D:D:D:D:D

I haven't had a single Dark Spirit invasion and I can't use the cracked blue eye orb at all. I hope it isn't bugged. Anyone have success using the item?

I haven't had a single Dark Spirit invasion and I can't use the cracked blue eye orb at all. I hope it isn't bugged. Anyone have success using the item?

Are you human? I tried using the red orb in a few places and "Use" was grayed out. I wondered why for a long time then figured it was cause i was hollow. Didn't bother reverse hollowing to find out :pac:

I'm calling it a night. Only 60% health remaining now!:P
    The only consistent drop I know of for effigies
    are skeletons in poison pool. Failing that, dogs in the Bastille, from the tower bonfire, go forward and go the left, run past them to the ladder across and push the ladder down. Make sure you talked to Malentia as she gives a ring to regular shoppers that's amazing for extra souls.

Right, I definitely haven't been to the first area which I assume the poster below mentions.
    There is another area you have missed, as i think alot of people have missed. Content feels around the same level as The Bastille in terms of difficulty
    From Maluja fire head towards the Heide Tower. Remember that contraption on the way that didn't work? Well the priestess NPC that was in Heide works it and opens up a new path for you for 2k souls.

I'll look into that in the morning.
    That boss your talking about is very VERY tough if you fight him without doing the trick. Funny thing is i beat him without knowing about the trick.
    I had a torch in my offhand for my 5th or so attempt and i noticed he was missing lot more of his strikes and not dodging about as much. Got the key for the two side doors after defeating him :D

I saw a message which mentioned
    using a torch but I was at an even lower level then so didn't notice any difference.

The issue is I can be doing well but all he really has to do is 2 hit me as every hit does a little damage even if I block it.

• Advertisement

Are you human? I tried using the red orb in a few places and "Use" was grayed out. I wondered why for a long time then figured it was cause i was hollow. Didn't bother reverse hollowing to find out :pac:
    I'm a seasoned dark souls player so I know this :) I am human and on the relevant covenant. It immediately says "no player found in area"with the blue orbs, as if it didn't even try searching.

For anyone getting frustrated by certain enemies you can't see (you know the ones)
    to kill the assassins in the fog, first hug the edges of the area until you see a chest on the top of a platform with a sloping side. This is where to lure them. Slowly walk out from the start of the slope with your shield held up until you see one of them throw a dagger, then quickly run back and up the slope to the chest, and wait with your shield up. They will ALWAYS follow you, so you can mash away at them in the enclosed space. They're not worth a huge amount of souls, but it means you can get rare items in there more comfortably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I don't even know man, I'm stuck at 50% health with not one damn effigy in sight and have access to 4 different bosses that are bloody impossible at such low health

Nice one.. this is the area from the server tests. Should be able to handle it. At the second bonfire now.. and 50% health!

I like your style OdgeXD! :P

Oh excellent.. found a lockstone.

Gotta go work today 😟

Don't you guys use the the binding ring? Gives you more health while hollow. I only used an effigy for the sinner boss, stocking up for a rainy day got about 30+ at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Alright make that 3 bosses now, still don't know how I'm gonna kill these others :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

OdgeXD wrote: »
    I don't even know man, I'm stuck at 50% health with not one damn effigy in sight and have access to 4 different bosses that are bloody impossible at such low health

The non respawning enemies issue kicks in yo!

In a way it does make game a bit easier in some ways ( clearing a path to boss by pure grinding ), but in other cases - if you stuck, well you stuck.
    I heard there is an item that you can burn and respawn enemies in area, but I have not find a single one yet.

Bythe way lads, whats the story with that "No mans land"? I am on my 5th boss and have not even found that area yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Got the game yesterday in Argos and have it waiting for me when I get back to Dublin.

Just one thing I noticed from reading the thread is in relation to inconsistent rolling. I believe it's L to move and L3 to roll ? Recommendation in another forum was to change that to stop rolling at the wrong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gotta go work today 😟

Don't you guys use the the binding ring? Gives you more health while hollow. I only used an effigy for the sinner boss, stocking up for a rainy day got about 30+ at the moment

I sow this ring on Loading screen and I want it! I cant find bloody thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Running round exploring I found the old dragon slayer boss WTF is going on? ?? :D

Back to forest of giants , just up against my first proper boss the last giant, very cool boss if a bit easy. I say he's easy but I haven't beat him yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This game is breaking my heart, I had about 2000 souls and fell down a hole in the tutorial area and there was a guy with a bow and a guy with a sword waiting for me :(

Im gonna keep on going though :D

Advertisement