Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Got the the Chariot boss so I have a choice between him and the other one in the copse.
    Mother****ing catacombs all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

In no mans wharf, there seems to be what looks like a moving contraption beside
    the sorcerer.
    Anyone know how to work it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I'm so glad I played DS 1 to death. Loving the game so far, backstabbing is a lot harder but seeing all those summon signs is great knowing there is help when I need it!

Praise the Sun

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This game is breaking my heart, I had about 2000 souls and fell down a hole in the tutorial area and there was a guy with a bow and a guy with a sword waiting for me :(

Im gonna keep on going though :D

I didn't even realise those fog gates lead to a tutorial until I went back there after clearing forest of the giants :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bythe way lads, whats the story with that "No mans land"? I am on my 5th boss and have not even found that area yet...

No Man's Wharf? You can access it easily now, I've only finished three bosses and am there now. You access it through
    Heide's Tower of Flame and defeating Dragonrider
    . You can run past the strong enemies in the tower with no effort at all if you want to save your resources for the boss, although apparently you get more space for the fight if you kill them all. Might work to your benefit not to though, as the boss committed accidental suicide for me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Can someone please tell me how your supposed to level up your character if the enemies you have killed before you die stay dead. I mean once you die you restart you energy with less than you had before but also the enemies you had a chance against are now all gone so now you have no choice but to wonder into a new area where the enemies are much too strong for you

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know what the deal with the new stats are? I've been mainly puumping into Dex, Vigor, endurance, vit and a little in strength, my character still seems pretty sluggish at times in combat even with high dex.

find it kind of annoying vit has been split into 2 tbh.

Anyone using duel wielding much? used it a little at first but have started using a shield now because there didn't seem to be any way to block.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Eleven or twelve bosses down. I have a feeling im very far into the game. Level 87. And thw irony is im using the same weapon for nearly all.of it. Ive picked up a hundred others and none of em are as good. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Kirby wrote: »
    Eleven or twelve bosses down. I have a feeling im very far into the game. Level 87. And thw irony is im using the same weapon for nearly all.of it. Ive picked up a hundred others and none of em are as good. :p

What Character are your using and what attributes have you powered up mostly?

Kirby wrote: »

Pretty much the exact same stage as me. Will be interesting to see what bosses we've both killed and how different our paths have been :P

Wanna put them in spoilers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Got the the Chariot boss so I have a choice between him and the other one in the copse.

That's where I am, Huntsman's Copse is the area that feels the most Dark Souls-y so far, wasnt it the demo area? The difficulty spikes enormously in it though, the beginning is standard hollows and then you've got those big guys with sickles and the four lads waiting on the way to the bridge. Even getting back to the fog gate is a struggle.

I'm struggling for human effigies at the mo, the merchant won't sell me any more, do you get them for being summoned and defeating bosses like the first game with humanity ?

krudler wrote: »
    That's where I am, Huntsman's Copse is the area that feels the most Dark Souls-y so far, wasnt it the demo area? The difficulty spikes enormously in it though, the beginning is standard hollows and then you've got those big guys with sickles and the four lads waiting on the way to the bridge. Even getting back to the fog gate is a struggle.

I'm struggling for human effigies at the mo, the merchant won't sell me any more, do you get them for being summoned and defeating bosses like the first game with humanity ?

You don't get them no, but if you are summoned you return to human form and the HP cut is removed. I just discovered this 5 minutes ago.

So finishing day 2 of Dark Souls just before the fight with the Sentinels as cant be arsed with them yet.

Really enjoying it so far, probably as much as if not more than DS1.

Have about 4 areas open to me and the Sentinels to fight, looks like there is much left to do :D

Has anyone used the unpetrefy-ing item on the statue just off Majula? Where does that lead?

What's the item? I have a ring that prevents petrification alright but that does nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm in the exact same area as you and I've gone for the other boss who's quite easy and one of the skeletons dropped an effigy. Praise the Sun!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Running round exploring I found the old dragon slayer boss WTF is going on? ?? :D
    Had a talk with a mate just there about this. He's an illusion to test you for joining a covenant. However even more interesting is that Ornstein in DS1 was an illusion as well, like everything in Anor Londo. He was corrupted by the dark just like Artorias.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This game is breaking my heart, I had about 2000 souls and fell down a hole in the tutorial area and there was a guy with a bow and a guy with a sword waiting for me :(

That's pretty much chump change :) Wait until you lose 100,000!
    Can someone please tell me how your supposed to level up your character if the enemies you have killed before you die stay dead. I mean once you die you restart you energy with less than you had before but also the enemies you had a chance against are now all gone so now you have no choice but to wonder into a new area where the enemies are much too strong for you

I've not been having any problems so far to be honest. You can always be summoned to someone elses game for more souls but it's not been an issue at all for me. Just be careful with losing your souls, sometimes it's better to retreat and get a few level ups. You get most of your souls from defeating bosses anyway.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deal with the new stats are? I've been mainly puumping into Dex, Vigor, endurance, vit and a little in strength, my character still seems pretty sluggish at times in combat even with high dex.

Press select at the level up screen to get a description of stats. You need to keep your weight below 60% otherwise you'll roll like a fatty. There's also another stat there that dictates stuff like parry window and the invincibility window with rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

How are people finding the difficulty ? Anyone onto NG+ ?

I'd imagine even if it is more difficult than Darksouls 1 it'll probably feel easier for us darksoul/demon soul veterans since a lot of the general gameplay mechanics are similar anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, **** this game. Last night I died like a little bitch on boss and I one shoted him now without using a single healing item...

Okay, **** this game. Last night I died like a little bitch on boss and I one shoted him now without using a single healing item...

Bro that happens in every game ever. Can't pass a boss, take a break and oyu'll do it first try next time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I hope that doesn't mean the game gets easier the more you die? I know enemies stop appearing eventually but one-shotting a boss, (a thing most people have to make very specific builds in order to achieve) is concerning. That or maybe ShadowHearth is just that good, and we all need to git gud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm spending way too much time hollowed, need to humanise meself, get some co-op going.

Ha! There's a scientific explanation for that too. If you sleep on a problem that you are fixated on your mind will go through it in your sleep so you'll be better prepared in the morning :) If you're ever stuck in a game it's worth sleeping on it. I find it really helpfully to take a break, work on something else and sleep on it when I'm doing hard game engine coding :) You'd be surprised how much it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ha! There's a scientific explanation for that too. If you sleep on a problem that you are fixated on your mind will go through it in your sleep so you'll be better prepared in the morning :) If you're ever stuck in a game it's worth sleeping on it. I find it really helpfully to take a break, work on something else and sleep on it when I'm doing hard game engine coding :) You'd be surprised how much it helps!

That's the thing. And this "paradox" really shows up the best in dark souls. The Damn thing wiped floors with me last night. I nerdrage quited last night and even went to bed early, that's how passed off I was. This morning I just turned on ps3 ran to the boss. Was calm as that android dude from Prometheus movie. Bam, one shoted her and did not even got hit once.

That's the thing. And this "paradox" really shows up the best in dark souls. The Damn thing wiped floors with me last night. I nerdrage quited last night and even went to bed early, that's how passed off I was. This morning I just turned on ps3 ran to the boss. Was calm as that android dude from Prometheus movie. Bam, one shoted her and did not even got hit once.

I find it best to go someplace else you've already been and get some easy kills in, gets you back in the frame of mind and brings down your annoyance levels. Dark Souls excels at relying on people getting pissed off with having to fight the same enemies over and over and making mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is there a spot to farm or a shop early on for effigies :confused:

wasted a fair few in the bastille :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

You don't get them no, but if you are summoned you return to human form and the HP cut is removed. I just discovered this 5 minutes ago.

That doesn't happen every time though. It's possibly a bug.
    Mickeroo wrote: »

Anyone using duel wielding much? used it a little at first but have started using a shield now because there didn't seem to be any way to block.

I've started putting points into Adaptability. It seems really good so far. Can drink estus much faster and blocking is a lot quicker.

calex71 wrote: »
    Is there a spot to farm or a shop early on for effigies :confused:

wasted a fair few in the bastille :mad:

I've had them drop from the dogs in the bastille a couple of times. Stick on the merchants hat and farm at them until they stop spawning.

Is there a reason I should be leaving the white knights alive? I haven't killed any yet, and I feel a bit bad cos they look forlorn. But if they're easy souls with no repercussion, they must die!

Just joined Knights of the Blue
    Sparring matches are great fun
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Fukcing annoyed , that one path were the stone was blocking the lever I turned her back to life again , pulled the lever only to have at least 10 enemies jump me from behind and killed her in the process :mad:

No fcuking warning whats so ever

You win this round dark souls 2 you evil bastard

Advertisement