Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think I missed a good chunk of zones. I can't find that tower place and no man's something. I just returned to zones I was already in and I can't find it.
    I did found an item that makes enemies stronger. Is this the item that makes enemies respawn too?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DinoRex wrote: »
    That doesn't happen every time though. It's possibly a bug.

I've started putting points into Adaptability. It seems really good so far. Can drink estus much faster and blocking is a lot quicker.

So that accounts for stuff that was originally under Dex? It's really hard to know what stats to ignore and what not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm getting my ar$e handed to me when fighting more than 1 hollow. Need to get a better shield as I'm leaking health when I block and my health bar is only half full.

Totally addicted to it though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm getting my ar$e handed to me when fighting more than 1 hollow. Need to get a better shield as I'm leaking health when I block and my health bar is only half full.

There is one early enough that has the 100% for physical stat , can't recall its name now, but it's sold by one of the merchants.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The drangleic shield is the first I've found with 100% physical resistance, you need to beat a boss to get to it though :p
    after beating the pursuer go through the gap behind the ballistas then drop down a hole and you'll find it there along with a full armor set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So that accounts for stuff that was originally under Dex? It's really hard to know what stats to ignore and what not to.

Yeah adaptability is now for roll speed and invincibilty during rolls, and how fast you raise your shield, you finding it hard to block attacks if you're hit once? like in the first game if you got hit, you pressed the trigger to bring up your shield or held it down and you'd block it, doesnt seem to work that way now. I thought ADP would be the same as resistance i.e useless but its something I'll pump some souls into now.

My build is a bit all over the place, 25 strenght and dex, 16 adaptability, 14 vgr, 11 end, 9 vit. I really need to get summoned more for souls.

There's a ring you can buy in No Man's Wharf that boosts your poise up a bunch, weighs a bit though 2.0

Does anyone else find a fair bit of input lag/loading time with bringing up the inventory screen? in DS1 you could do it in a split second if you needed to change out a weapon or remove something on the fly but it's much harder now, i forgot I had no firebombs equipped and got cornered and murdered. I do like how the item screen is layed out now though, no more scrolling vertically through dozens of weapons to find the one you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'd recommend to everyone to pick up the Binding ring asap, it keeps your health at 75% as opposed to 50% when hollowed and it is relative easy to pick up early in the game, Heides tower area.

Also in regards to the item that un petrify's you, no idea what it is called, I don't have one but I need 2 :(

Has anyone found the guy that deals with boss souls yet? Anyone experimented with what they turn into

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah adaptability is now for roll speed and invincibilty during rolls, and how fast you raise your shield, you finding it hard to block attacks if you're hit once? like in the first game if you got hit, you pressed the trigger to bring up your shield or held it down and you'd block it, doesnt seem to work that way now. I thought ADP would be the same as resistance i.e useless but its something I'll pump some souls into now.
    Exactly the problem I've been having, got caught out a lot with it at first, getting used to it now though. My build is similar to yours too.

Feel like I'm levelling up a lot quicker than the first game though.

Met my first Mimic.... Yup he ate me...

Met my first Mimic.... Yup he ate me...

Hah I've been hitting every chest I find first.

• Advertisement

Exactly the problem I've been having, got caught out a lot with it at first, getting used to it now though. My build is similar to yours too.

Feel like I'm levelling up a lot quicker than the first game though.

A dog hit me earlier and i must have been staggered for a good 2 seconds its crazy.

Am enjoying it a lot more knowing getting more familiar with the areas, i prefered how DS1 linked nearly everything together and having to go back to Majula to level up is a pain but overall am loving this

Just at the strange blacksmith in Lost Bastille, someone left a message "Man! therefore Weakness: rear" LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

This game REALLY wants to poison me right now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Are effigys rarer in this game? I can't seem to find any!

It's weird. You can go for hours with no luck finding one and then you find like 3 of them on a corpse.

really hard to find for me, titanite too i can upgrade sod all of my weapons, any farm spots?

Anyone want to help me kill the Sentinels on ps3, level 53, they are really pissing me off :(

really hard to find for me, titanite too i can upgrade sod all of my weapons, any farm spots?

The blacksmith sells shards in Majula I thought? I found a slab in forest of the giants too. No enemies dropping them yet. I dont want to waste mine until I find a katana tbh.

The blacksmith sells shards in Majula I thought? I found a slab in forest of the giants too. No enemies dropping them yet. I dont want to waste mine until I find a katana tbh.

He stops selling them eventually which is weird, havent met any other blacksmiths either.

I saw a katana on a loading screen info box, gonna get me some of that!

I have loads of shards but no large shards so I can only upgrade to +3 which is a pain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

OdgeXD wrote: »
    I have loads of shards but no large shards so I can only upgrade to +3 which is a pain

They will start appearing but are rare early on.

He stops selling them eventually which is weird, havent met any other blacksmiths either.

I saw a katana on a loading screen info box, gonna get me some of that!

Yeah the washing pole popped up on mine, it was in DS1 so it gives me hope the Uchi or Iaito are lying around somewhere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just going to focus on increasing my INT for a while, need to do some farming, almost got past the Pursuer but was taking too long so eventually I got hit before I could get away. So farm - then INT or maybe ADP. Either way in the next while I'll get past him, pain really as the giant battle before this lulled me into thinking I was doing ok.

I just got killed by a peasant I will hand in my pc master race ID card now!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS **** you Sentinels and **** everything you stand for :D

What a god damn sweet victory

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Folks, if you're talking about mid to late game specifics can you please use spoiler tags? Only fair for everyone :)

Six bosses down now personally. I had casually joined the Covenant of Champions at the start, was wondering why my first six or seven hours were so gruelling :pac: Left it earlier and flying along now. My intelligence / attunement build is coming along swimmingly now that I have five spell slots.

Oh, anyone looking for effigies, there's five in a chest
    outside the cathedral of blue, just after the drawbridge in Heide's Tower

Taltos wrote: »
    Just going to focus on increasing my INT for a while, need to do some farming, almost got past the Pursuer but was taking too long so eventually I got hit before I could get away. So farm - then INT or maybe ADP. Either way in the next while I'll get past him, pain really as the giant battle before this lulled me into thinking I was doing ok.

Summon somebody
    , get them to distract pursuer then fire the ballista at him, fight is over in seconds.

So how's everyone doing? So far I've got 15 boss souls and just hit the Iron Keep. Level 90 and focusing on strength for now. VGR20, END12, VIT15, ATN13, STR35, DEX25, ADP11 and SL90. Levelling up seems a lot faster than this game and I'm pretty sure I went the wrong way since I was OP for the area just before the Iron Keep

Level 59 - VGR 18, END 18, VIT 16, STR 16, DEX 28, using a Falchion +5 and the Drangleic Shield, happy out with that so far. 6 boss souls, ot sure where to go now, have maybe, 4 areas to explore.

Anyone know how to get the item up on the ledge in the Sentinel boss room?

• Advertisement

Level 44

VGR 9, END 12, VIT 7, STR 16, DEX 25, APT 10

Have 3 boss souls so far.

Advertisement