Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Lvl 67

VGR 12 END 19 VIT 15 ATN 6 STR 25 DEX 18 ADP 10 INT 7 FTH 8

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

99% of people who invade are using rapiers -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

OdgeXD wrote: »
    99% of people who invade are using rapiers -_-

100% of people who have invaded games I've been playing have been summarily dispatched, quite often in 3v1 battles. Seems most people are more interested in beating bosses than pvp at the minute, myself included.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anytime I've tried to use cracked blue or red orbs it just says unable to find world to invade :(

Seems much easier than DS so far, not got that feeling of terror I got from the first few bosses in DS at all yet. Maybe they're just easing people into it though to make it more accessible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

For those looking for effigies , i went back to the lady at the 2nd bonfire in forest of the fallen giants and she has them for 1500 souls a piece :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    For those looking for effigies , i went back to the lady at the 2nd bonfire in forest of the fallen giants and she has them for 1500 souls a piece :)

She only has 5 altogether I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Finding the monsters at the start of Sinner's Rest rock hard to kill. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am such an idiot... I just found where is this stupid tower of fire lol. I am a bit overpowered for here is the only to to describe it lol. One shoted some boss in there, he did not even touched me. This are is 5 areas below from where I am at the moment lol.
    I will need to explore it anyway. How disappointing getting only 15k souls from killing a boss. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Took a break for the matches today but I'm back in action. 2 more bosses down which were pretty easy in fairness.. already beat them before in the stress test.

I am such an idiot... I just found where is this stupid tower of fire lol. I am a bit overpowered for here is the only to to describe it lol. One shoted some boss in there, he did not even touched me. This are is 5 areas below from where I am at the moment lol.
    I will need to explore it anyway. How disappointing getting only 15k souls from killing a boss. :D

There's a second optional boss in that are if you have a look around. He's an old friend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Anyone know how to get the item up on the ledge in the Sentinel boss room?

Jump. Use fall reduction though in case you miss it.

What's killing me is the treasure in Forest of Fallen Giants, just outside the bonfire where you meet Melentia. It's on the right hand side on wooden scaffolding and seems impossible to reach, even jumping off the tree branch... someone help?

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Jump. Use fall reduction though in case you miss it.

What's killing me is the treasure in Forest of Fallen Giants, just outside the bonfire where you meet Melentia. It's on the right hand side on wooden scaffolding and seems impossible to reach, even jumping off the tree branch... someone help?

Head down the ladder by the bonfire, go outside to where you walk up the branch, you can roll off that branch into the scaffolding . Once you take out the enemies have a look around, pretty sure I managed to get around that whole area, there's an NPC knocking around there too.

Speaking of forest of the fallen giants, anyone figure out what the deal is with the knight sitting down that you can't talk to?

Gahhh, outside the boss fog wall at Sinner's Rest, trying to summon someone and already have the npc summoned, was taking to long so the npc seems to have vanquished itself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I don't even know man, I'm stuck at 50% health with not one damn effigy in sight and have access to 4 different bosses that are bloody impossible at such low health

Use the binding ring and use the special helm, Heide Knight Iron Mask. Together they give Max hp when hallowed. Makes a big difference. I've pumped the helm up to +3 because its too useful to replace.
    What Character are your using and what attributes have you powered up mostly?

Using a tank character. Lots of endurance so I can block and still attack. Heavy Armour, Greatshield. I block everything and then swipe a few times with my fire sword because its so fast, then block again. Lightning axe for when the fire sword breaks or they have fire resistance. Both are quick attack. Heavy Crossbow for ranged butterfly type people :p. It's worked for everything so far.

Level 88
    VGR - 16
    END - 35
    VIT - 23
    ATT - 4
    STR - 32
    DEX - 12
    ADP - 10
    INT - 3
    FAI - 6

Pretty much the exact same stage as me. Will be interesting to see what bosses we've both killed and how different our paths have been :P

Wanna put them in spoilers?

I stopped for the football today and to walk the dog but sure. :) Bosses I've killed in the order I did them. I might be forgetting somebody or other.
    Dragonslayer
    Dragon Rider
    The Last Giant
    The Pursuer
    Flexile Sentry
    Belfry Gargoyles
    The Skeleton Lords
    Lost Sinner
    Belfry Gargoyles
    Ruin Sentinels
    Scorpioness Najka

I'm fairly sure I've missed a few as I'm doing it completely blind. I saw some streams of DS1 and knew about things like the drake sword so I didn't want that this time. I didn't play beta and knew virtually nothing going in.
    Ornstein the Dragon Slayer
    killed me the most because he was the first boss I found and had no gear.
    The Scorpion Najka
    was the hardest imo even tho I got lucky and one shotted her. Simply because of the amount of hp she has. It took a while. It required a lot of patience.

I haven't jumped down the big well in Majula yet. I'll get to it. I'm in the
    poison harvest valley
    at the minute. :)

So, in Huntsman's Copse, dropped down into a pit and picked up Ricard's Rapier...seems to be absolutely no way of getting out of here though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mickaroo lash into that resting knight, he holds a nice electric sword.

Kirby, where did you find the special helm? Does wearing it not reduce your hp when hollow? I got the binding ring alright very handy.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Mickaroo lash into that resting knight, he holds a nice electric sword.

Kirby, where did you find the special helm? Does wearing it not reduce your hp when hollow? I got the binding ring alright very handy.

It's called the Heide Knight Iron Mask........so I assume you find it in Heide's Tower of Flame somewhere. I found it early. Haven't taken it off since.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kirby wrote: »
    It's called the Heide Knight Iron Mask........so I assume you find it in Heide's Tower of Flame somewhere. I found it early. Haven't taken it off since.

Cheers, I already met dragon rider and dragon slayer, both ofem fairly narky so headed back to the forest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Killed another boss which brings my ass whooping tally to 8 I believe

Also took out two online guys :pac:

Finished with moving on for a while, gonna step back a bit and explore everything now since I can do it easily. Started to use a lightning longsword and it's quickly become my go to weapon, super fast and really nice damage output :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Has anyone found unpetrifying equipment yet? I now have two statues that need rectifying!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Head down the ladder by the bonfire, go outside to where you walk up the branch, you can roll off that branch into the scaffolding . Once you take out the enemies have a look around, pretty sure I managed to get around that whole area, there's an NPC knocking around there too.

Speaking of forest of the fallen giants, anyone figure out what the deal is with the knight sitting down that you can't talk to?

I killed him , got a sword I think, I have spotted another later in the game, and thought about it , something was niggling me after killing the 1st one and seeing the second one made me regret killing him not out of guilt or pity but that I could be shafting myself out of something in for a penny in for a pound now so I'm killing any I see.

How the f*ck have people seemed to have already discovered every secret passage and hidden wall??? is there some spell that has can uncover them, or are some people just hitting x and slapping every bit of concrete??

calex71 wrote: »
    I killed him , got a sword I think, I have spotted another later in the game, and thought about it , something was niggling me after killing the 1st one and seeing the second one made me regret killing him not out of guilt or pity but that I could be shafting myself out of something in for a penny in for a pound now so I'm killing any I see.

I've left the first two I see; they don't seem to fit in with the rest of the game, something special about them. Either that or they're this versions kind of black knight, and you can engage them only if you want?

A merchant you can sell stuff to :O Didn't see him first time round :D

The unpretrifying thing is called
    Fragrant Branch of Yore
    no idea where I found it.

Ok so,
    the Skeleton Lord boss fight?? Weird enough, got it on 1st attempt though :D

chickenboy wrote: »
    How the f*ck have people seemed to have already discovered every secret passage and hidden wall??? is there some spell that has can uncover them, or are some people just hitting x and slapping every bit of concrete??

I doubt people have discovered everything unless they are part of a wiki community. Some people will find some secrets, and miss others.

I know I've missed things. People have been mentioning a chariot boss that I haven't seen at all and I still have no idea what the deal is with those "dream" trees I keep seeing. :p

The unpretrifying thing is called
    Fragrant Branch of Yore
    no idea where I found it.

Yeah but I've found like 4 or 5 petrified guys and only one or two of the items to fix em. They seem rare. Is there a spell or miracle to do it? Coz I'm pure brawn. No magic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A merchant you can sell stuff to :O Didn't see him first time round :D

I just just found that fecker too. Thing is, that getting to him to sell crap is a very annoying route.

I just just found that fecker too. Thing is, that getting to him to sell crap is a very annoying route.

As far as I know, you 1st find him in No-Man's Wharf he then moves and stays in a new area.

• Advertisement

Turning on the lights in that place is a massive help , doesn't help at the final bit but a bow can take care of the spider monekys without them being able to come out of the building after you
    :)

Advertisement