Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

chickenboy wrote: »
    How the f*ck have people seemed to have already discovered every secret passage and hidden wall??? is there some spell that has can uncover them, or are some people just hitting x and slapping every bit of concrete??

Dunno but I appreciate the amount of helpful messages, found some nice gear from reading messages so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Actually another thing Im beginning to become concerned about is levelling, are the summoning level ranges the same as in dark souls 1 , as in +/- 10% :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Another idiotic question: How do I put down a summon marker?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Can someone tell me who has fully explored Huntsman's Copse -
    Are the Skeleton Lords the only purpose of that area? Does it lead on to anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Droped off "me Bitch", me Lady to pub, got myself fast food on the way back. Stuffed my face, so now I am ready for some more bloodshed! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lvl 18 and keep dying in Heide's Ruin.. I think I'll go back to the forest place.

Guys, what's the story with the boat? How do you get in to it?

Guys, what's the story with the boat? How do you get in to it?
    You have to ring a bell it's back up on a ledge outside one of the high up houses

Starting to get annoyed now, can't find anywhere to go in Huntsman's Copse, have found two areas connected to the Shaded Wood but both are blocked. but they don't require keys I just get some cryptic message, gahhhh.

You have to ring a bell it's back up on a ledge outside one of the high up houses

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Summon somebody
    , get them to distract pursuer then fire the ballista at him, fight is over in seconds.

Maybe I'm an idiot but I prefer to play these games solo, never summoned anyone in the last two, not keen on doing it here either though I might have to change that viewpoint if things don't improve for me. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mucking about in forest of fallen giants at the moment and I've been summoned twice as a knight of the blue to help out an apostle against an invader, beat the invader both times, great fun!!

Exploring into that cave with the big fire lizard now, got a fire longsword for my troubles.

Mucking about in forest of fallen giants at the moment and I've been summoned twice as a knight of the blue to help out an apostle against an invader, beat the invader both times, great fun!!

Exploring into that cave with the big fire lizard now, got a fire longsword for my troubles.

Seems like you and me have progressed around the same.
    Just picked up the Fire sword and will probably try and kill the
    forest boss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

About to start into this. As someone who played a bit of Dark Souls 1 (about 10 hrs), what is a good character build that is solid enough all round? I don't want to play the first 3 hours multiple times to figure out the optimum class etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

When you upgrade that sword with str/dex it's amazing. My favourite weapon so far.

30 hours, 17 bosses. From what I've read there are 30+ bosses in the game. Almost there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

quarryman wrote: »
    About to start into this. As someone who played a bit of Dark Souls 1 (about 10 hrs), what is a good character build that is solid enough all round? I don't want to play the first 3 hours multiple times to figure out the optimum class etc.

From what I gathered a cleric or knight is solid as a starter build. Dark Souls stats do not really matter as much as other Rpg games cause unless you decide you want to wield a sword you want to use that is too heavy or not it really does not matter.

The most important aspect to Ds franchise is you have patience and learn enemies patterns , experiment is key cause in the end its you who builds to level up that matters than the character in the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Im on the same as ye boys, got that flame sword best weapon I found yet. I got a bit lost after finding the sword so went back to majula And met different bosses. Had me running back to the forest.

2 Great shortcut opens up from the 2nd bonfire to the boss, one opened by an enemy. I thought the level designers would get lazy with being able to warp from the start but the brilliant level design is still in place. Love this game!

Done with no man's something place. Boss of that place was underwhelming to say the least. Maybe because I fought it already as a regular enemy in one of the areas.... Going to get that fir tower place finished. Then I am done with backtracking and I will continue again.

I found Busters sword too lol!!! Need 2 more levels and I can use it with less then 70% load!

For people looking for Titanite Shards -
    You can get a tonne in Harvest Valley, bring plenty of moss though, very poisonous area

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got summoned to defend somebody again, this time the invader's phantom was white/grey rather than red, must be another covenant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Speaking of forest of the fallen giants, anyone figure out what the deal is with the knight sitting down that you can't talk to?
    I was very paranoid about killing him in case he was important, but I saw another one, and I think it's just their version of the Black Knight (you get a specific weapon from a set for each one)
    For people looking for Titanite Shards -
    You can get a tonne in Harvest Valley, bring plenty of moss though, very poisonous area
    Do one better, there is treasure with a poisonbite ring as you enter Earthen Peak, go past the first hall and you should be at a wooden pier with a slope into a tunnel of poison water, run through it and it's in there. It does tend to help. You may need a lockstone, I can't remember.

For any fans of invasions, there is a way to farm Cracked Red Eye Orbs;
    The three rats in Majula near the mansion drop them

chickenboy wrote: »
    How the f*ck have people seemed to have already discovered every secret passage and hidden wall??? is there some spell that has can uncover them, or are some people just hitting x and slapping every bit of concrete??
    I just find hitting the action button and hugging suspicious walls helps - and then always leave a message for the next player to find. It's a group effort. I've found some great ones by total accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got summoned to defend somebody again, this time the invader's phantom was white/grey rather than red, must be another covenant.

Or they had on
    the white ring

Edit: Just found no fewer than 6 secret doors in and around the
    sentinel boss room
    :eek:

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I was very paranoid about killing him in case he was important, but I saw another one, and I think it's just their version of the Black Knight (you get a specific weapon from a set for each one)

yeah i killed the forest one there, there was no sin for it so I guess they're hostile but optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Protip - hitting hidden walls no longer reveals them. You gotta press X at them now

Oh my goodness, just found the Sun Bro Covenant, yesssss!

Do one better, there is treasure with a poisonbite ring as you enter Earthen Peak, go past the first hall and you should be at a wooden pier with a slope into a tunnel of poison water, run through it and it's in there. It does tend to help. You may need a lockstone, I can't remember.

For any fans of invasions, there is a way to farm Cracked Red Eye Orbs;
    The three rats in Majula near the mansion drop them

I just find hitting the action button and hugging suspicious walls helps - and then always leave a message for the next player to find. It's a group effort. I've found some great ones by total accident.

Nonono, when you leave a message it makes it difficult for the next person to activate the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Nonono, when you leave a message it makes it difficult for the next person to activate the wall.
    How? I've never had issues... it gives them a helpful indication.
    yeah i killed the forest one there, there was no sin for it so I guess they're hostile but optional.
    I find the easiest way to tell is to try locking on. You can't lock onto allies (at least none I've met).

Regarding NPC plots;
    I killed Pate, along with his partner. Have I missed out on any big plot details?

I KILLED MY 1ST BOSS!! :D

Screw you Dragonrider :pac:.

How? I've never had issues... it gives them a helpful indication.

I find the easiest way to tell is to try locking on. You can't lock onto allies (at least none I've met).

Regarding NPC plots;
    I killed Pate, along with his partner. Have I missed out on any big plot details?

According to what I've read on reddit leaving the message on the wall makes the read message command override the action to activate the wall

• Advertisement

Just looking to confirm, can you be summoned to boss fights in areas even where you have killed the boss?

Wanna go back to help people kill the Sentinels as a Sun Bro!!

Edit - The description on the ring you get when you enter the Covenant "Members of this covenant can leave their golden signs to be more easily summoned to join brethren in jolly cooperation"

Jolly cooperation :D

Advertisement