Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

OdgeXD wrote: »
    According to what I've read on reddit leaving the message on the wall makes the read message command override the action to activate the wall
    Hitting the wall has the exact same effect.
    Just looking to confirm, can you be summoned to boss fights in areas even where you have killed the boss?
    Yep! the only thing limiting you probably is level differences. Obviously it would be unfair if you could summon a way more powerful character for an early boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just found my first +1 version of a ring, guess buying the standard version of it was a waste of souls, didn't know rings came in a +1 version :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Nah not anymore, not all walls can be opened by hitting them now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Nah not anymore, not all walls can be opened by hitting them now
    I'm not sure about this to be honest...even if them message is right in front of the door, hammering action button does the trick. I have never found a wall I can't hit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm not sure about this to be honest...even if them message is right in front of the door, hammering action button does the trick. I have never found a wall I can't hit yet.

I have found one or two, one down where you get Ricard's Rapier in Huntsman's Copse definitely did not budge when I was whacking it, then was just hitting every button and X did the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

While I've made good progress today, I'm still really struggling to get effigies. Only got 2 all day which have been gone for some time now.

Going to tackle Sinner's Rise area again now which is extremely quiet around the beginning due to the amount of times I killed people :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I KILLED MY 1ST BOSS!! :D

Screw you Dragonrider :pac:.

I KILLED MY 2ND BOSS!! :D

Two bosses in the space of 25mins :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Found Pate at Earthen Rise infront of a door that "Doesn't open from this side" Anyone got any idea how to get in?

Found Pate at Earthen Rise infront of a door that "Doesn't open from this side" Anyone got any idea how to get in?

#Beastmode?

Question..

I've just over 10K Souls. How should I upgrade my character?
    I'm playing as a Warrior and I'm not sure what I should be putting points into.

• Advertisement

Really do not understand the online in this, I'm at the boss wall in Earthen Peak, turned human, no summon signs showing and won't let me place my own soapstone, I just want some jolly cooperation :(

Meh kind of irrelevant anyways, Covetus Demon is a joke.

Really do not understand the online in this, I'm at the boss wall in Earthen Peak, turned human, no summon signs showing and won't let me place my own soapstone, I just want some jolly cooperation :(

Silly question but you're definitely online too ya? Quit out of the game and load it up again to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

To the optional boss in Heides tower - **** you, just **** you. I hated you back then, I hate you now too!
    Killed me 3 times when he needed just 2 hits. So I just got humanity and summoned some dude near first boss lol. By the time he ran over to fight boss it was already on half hp lol. By the way, I noticed bosses are harder when you got someone summoned. Their armour figures go up a lot. Just food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Was it possible to summon a new player if one died in the last game? I was in Huntsman's Copse and got summon along with another dude, he died then a new guy joined?

tok9 wrote: »
    Silly question but you're definitely online too ya? Quit out of the game and load it up again to make sure.

Yup definitely online, will try that!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm loving how quickly you get summoned, was playing the first game last week and you'd be standing in some places for 10 or 15 mins, now its 10 or 15 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Depends on your level. I'm about 90 now and don't get summoned as often as I'd like.

Found a mankin sword which I really like the move set of. Also used a boss soul to make the dex based Arched Sword. They both have the same move set but the Mankin has higher base damage and low requirements and uses titanite to upgrade but the arched uses a rare dragon stone. Why would I ever use the arched one. So stupid. Only thing that's better is it looks good

Started trading in my Boss Souls for weapons, got some nice swag so far :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

2098783-1319984697373.jpg

• Advertisement

Still can't beat the sinner.

He can still 2 hit me since I'm only on 50% health.

Also I've killed a load of dogs and not one effigy. Half of them don't even respawn now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This feels like the easiest of the Souls games so far, but I'm wary of it luring me into a false sense of security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Also I've killed a load of dogs and not one effigy. Half of them don't even respawn now.
    Did you light the place up with the torch ?
    he is harder to fight not doing that . I found have a shield up at all times and up close to him moving right he was not a problem

Have you got the Binding ring?

Started trading in my Boss Souls for weapons, got some nice swag so far :D

What can you do with Boss souls?
    I've 2 sitting in my inventory but have no clue what to do with them :confused:

Ya I've done that now.

My god lads why did no one say you instantly turn human after being summoned!

I'm assuming this is a bug as even died during the summon and I'm still human.

Now to tackle him.

You don't get them no, but if you are summoned you return to human form and the HP cut is removed. I just discovered this 5 minutes ago.

Few pages ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just killed my 1st boss the last giant. Summoned my new best friend Pate and some other guy for jolly co coperation, good times!! Went back to the bonfire and the merchant is gone, is she back in majula?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Did you light the place up with the torch ?
    he is harder to fight not doing that . I found have a shield up at all times and up close to him moving right he was not a problem

This. Stick to him like a fly on the ****. Just breath right in to his neck and it will be a lot easier.
    I think I just one shoted one more boss, but I don't think it have me souls...

Btw guys, how come you able to make those soul weapons now? You need to get +10 on a weapon before you can forge it in to soul weapon?

• Advertisement

What can you do with Boss souls?
    I've 2 sitting in my inventory but have no clue what to do with them :confused:
    This. Stick to him like a fly on the ****. Just breath right in to his neck and it will be a lot easier.
    I think I just one shoted one more boss, but I don't think it have me souls...

Btw guys, how come you able to make those soul weapons now? You need to get +10 on a weapon before you can forge it in to soul weapon?

It's a different method in this game, you simply trade the souls to a merchant for whatever weapon you want.
    His name is Straid of Olaphis and he's found in the lost bastille, he's petrified so you'll need a fragrant branch of yore to fix him up and get the goods

Merchant sells all sorts of high level spells and pyromancies, it's worth doing the above early on to get access to him.

Advertisement