Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

OdgeXD wrote: »
    It's a different method in this game, you simply trade the souls to a merchant for whatever weapon you want.
    His name is Straid of Olaphis and he's found in the lost bastille, he's petrified so you'll need a fragrant branch of yore to fix him up and get the goods

Merchant sells all sorts of high level spells and pyromancies, it's worth doing the above early on to get access to him.

Where do you find him in
    the Lost Bastille, is it the statue blocking the bonfire?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

where do you get the item to unpetrify things?

krudler wrote: »
    where do you get the item to unpetrify things?

Seems to be a random find, I have 3 at the moment, I remember picking oneup in the Harvest place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Where do you find him in
    the Lost Bastille, is it the statue blocking the bonfire?

Thats that one

Grrr those three iron fcukers in the Bastille are wrecking my head, can get the first two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's a different method in this game, you simply trade the souls to a merchant for whatever weapon you want.
    His name is Straid of Olaphis and he's found in the lost bastille, he's petrified so you'll need a fragrant branch of yore to fix him up and get the goods

Merchant sells all sorts of high level spells and pyromancies, it's worth doing the above early on to get access to him.

I think I sow him, he stays same place after? As for that item... I only found one so far, I have not came around anymore of them.

*sorry can't use spoilers on mobile version
    So trying to be very vague lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finally I beat him. He'll be one I'll play in another game and think to myself why did I have so much trouble.. Still an absolute pain when I had only half health.

Ok wtf, someone please tell me the trick to that b*tch
    Baneful Queen?! In Earthen Peak.

No way can you kill her the normal way.

Okay, I looked in to that yole item. Looks like killing one of the NPCs finally bit me in the arse. Those things are a lot more rare then I though... Looks like I won't be using fancy soul weapons for very long time ffs,
    what ever you do, dont kill that damn scorpion dude in woods ffs

Ok wtf, someone please tell me the trick to that b*tch
    Baneful Queen?! In Earthen Peak.

No way can you kill her the normal way.

read this if you want the easy way :P
    Get a torch and burn down the windmill that's near the entrance of the bossfog, it's massive and you can tell where to do it since the area is open

• Advertisement

read this if you want the easy way :P
    Get a torch and burn down the windmill that's near the entrance of the bossfog, it's massive and you can tell where to do it since the area is open

The easy way? :O It's actually possible the non-easy way?

I think I know the spot, now how do you use a torch? :P Never managed to figure that out!

The easy way? :O It's actually possible the non-easy way?

I think I know the spot, now how do you use a torch? :P Never managed to figure that out!

Well I would imagine so anyway, go to a bonfire and press triangle or Y to toggle it

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Well I have to hand it to the game, that fog area you get to after
    you unpetrify the pyromancer
    is legitimately terrifying!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just killed my 1st boss the last giant. Summoned my new best friend Pate and some other guy for jolly co coperation, good times!! Went back to the bonfire and the merchant is gone, is she back in majula?

Yeah, the majority of merchants will relocate to in or around Majula after your first encounter, although i think some might wait until you clear the area boss.

I wish I could keep playing, but I got work tomorrow at 6:00 :(

By the way lads, am I the only one, who is very satisfied to see that this thread is getting very close to titanfall thread in post count. I bet this thread will be way bigger soon and will still be alive after titanfall player base will go back to cod. :D I got my faith in gaming again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Got past the Gutter...
    just got to The Rotten, wtf he just eats me for breakfast...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've already put 20 hours into the game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wish I could keep playing, but I got work tomorrow at 6:00 :(

By the way lads, am I the only one, who is very satisfied to see that this thread is getting very close to titanfall thread in post count. I bet this thread will be way bigger soon and will still be alive after titanfall player base will go back to cod. :D I got my faith in gaming again!

I was thinking the same, titanfall had double the posts ds2 had on Thursday, last gen still got it! Anyone know where the merchant of 2nd bonfire in the firest goes to? She disappeared after beating the last giant.

Oh how I hate thee, Mr. Smelter Demon.

tok9 wrote: »
    I've already put 20 hours into the game :eek:

26h before my last session. It should be about 29-30h now. Not bad, considering I got game on Friday afternoon lol.

• Advertisement

22 now. My gf was horrified. I was quite proud.

32:51, bros

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Hmm im trying to hold out buying it till i can get it on the pc instead of my console, its killing me so it is ! to be sure te be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same, titanfall had double the posts ds2 had on Thursday, last gen still got it! Anyone know where the merchant of 2nd bonfire in the firest goes to? She disappeared after beating the last giant.

I'm guessing she's gone to Majula.

Oh man has anyone gotten the ring that makes you look like a white phantom, even when you invade, troll central :D I invaded a guy who waved at me,and I followed him for a bit, let him kill a few enemies then murdered him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'm guessing she's gone to Majula.

Hopefully, was weird she was sitting there, I rested at the bonfire and she just vanished.

God damn it, the Iron Keep has gotten the better of me, calling it a night.

So day 3 ends at Level 75 with 10 boss souls, not bad :D

Dueling in the blood covenant is amazing. PVP is a million times better this game. Flame Swathe is so op if it hits

Has anyone reassigned their stats yet? does it have any negative effects? or do you just get to put points into different places than you had?

edit: nevermind just did it there, you just reassign the points, bumped up dex and adp, reduced strenght as I dont need it, the bastard sword +5 is pretty decent , bumped end as well for a bigger load percentage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How do I get summoned for PVP? Or How do I even join to help others?

Advertisement